cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

latest promotion- 25% off fvf on 100 auctions with "allow offers option"

Hi sellers-  I just received the promotion that discounts fvf by 25% on up to 100 auction listings  if the "allows offer option" is included. When I create an auctions listing,  I do not show "allows offer" option on the listing.  Is this new? How do I add such an option ?  Thanks

Message 1 of 59
latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Re: latest promotion- 25% off fvf on 100 auctions with "allow offers option"

Yeah. "glitches" are usually when one of their brilliant coders has borked it while testing.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 16 of 59
latest reply

@fern*woodwrote:

I seem to recall when best offer on auctions first appeared that an ebay rep posted that it was a glitch ....

It wasn't a glitch, it was tested and then made official last October.  Perhaps that staff member hadn't been made aware of the testing.  "Recently, eBay began adding Best Offer to fixed price  and auction-style listings. Based on previous tests, we found this feature drives higher sales conversion."

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/UPDATED-eBay-is-Helping-Boost-Conversion-with-Best-Offer...

Message 17 of 59
latest reply

Still doesn't activate for me.

It seems ebay is trying to simulate when at a live auction the auctioneer tries to get someone to bid at the opening price but gets no response. Then the auctioneer says something like "Who'll give x" ( a much lower price than the opening bid ).

So maybe a seller here who would accept / consider a lower amount on an auction during the last x hours of an auction just to get rid an item might work.
Message 18 of 59
latest reply

Except when a live auctioneer does that the auction continues...

Message 19 of 59
latest reply

I have a higher ticket item, over $100, that I am contemplating using this offer for.  I will simply start at a price a little higher and then contemplate offers.  A 25% reduction in fvf on higher priced items adds up to some good savings.  And I have a few other items that I would normally list below $100 that I now might list starting at $100 and take offers.  So for collectibles, it is a nice opportunity to list high and see what happens as far as offers.  Maybe somebody offers what you wanted in the first place.  A 25% reduction in FVF is far better than saving 30¢ listing fee.

Message 20 of 59
latest reply

Except that buyers will probably expect the offer to be lower than the starting price.

Message 21 of 59
latest reply

@boscobosco12  The Promo that I'm waiting to see is the "allow eBay to accept whatever price they want to sell your items for" ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 22 of 59
latest reply

my take is that if you start an auction at $0.99 you can accept an offer at any time for any amount you choose, or simply allow the auction to run its course if you are not satisfied with the offer. now, if i could figure out what this quick form is...

Message 23 of 59
latest reply

Finally I was able to activate this promotion.

I attempted to change an existing auction but the option to accept an offer was not available.

I never use the short listing form so this promotion is no good to me.
Message 24 of 59
latest reply

@boscobosco12wrote:

Hi sellers-  I just received the promotion that discounts fvf by 25% on up to 100 auction listings  if the "allows offer option" is included. When I create an auctions listing,  I do not show "allows offer" option on the listing.  Is this new? How do I add such an option ?  Thanks

Mine is 40% off FVF on sales over 250.00. Big deal eBay...40% off nothing is nothing. You have to to get sales in the first place. 

Message 25 of 59
latest reply

I can't figure out how to ad it either, apparently I am on the wrong listing form.  Spent enough time trying to figure it out, so not going to worry about it anymore.

Message 26 of 59
latest reply

One of my IDs got an email telling me I could increase my sales by 30% by adding BO and had a button to "apply to all"....only problem is they never offered me any FREE listings to do so.

Desperate to boost Q1 earnings but not quite desperate enough apparently.

Message 27 of 59
latest reply

Alas, I have gone over my listing form with a fine tooth comb and I too can not find any such option for a best offer with an auction. I even cleared my cache. Just more crazy corporate nonsense in a world already drowning in such nonsense.
Message 28 of 59
latest reply

Did you switch from the Advanced form to the Quick version? That mght not even be possible for established sellers.

Message 29 of 59
latest reply

I called eBay and asked where I could find the option for a best offer on an auctioned item. The really helpful rep put me on hold several times trying to get an answer for me, then advised that he was sending the problem over to marketing and would get back to me when and if he got a solution.
Message 30 of 59
latest reply