cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay refund when item in transit

hello i sold item in february to taiwan, due covin its huge delay, it should arrive in 10-14 days priority and its 80 days already, item from 2 days is in taiwan FINALLY

problem is buyer open a case and won 2 months ago cause item missing

ebay refund all money, buyer never respond to my emails after that, he probably wont loggin or buying, i dont care

i contacted ebay and they told me i should contact with buyer and he maybe he refund or sent item back (LOL)

so please talk to me straight, in this case, i see money from ebay or they dont care?

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: ebay refund when item in transit

This does sometimes happen, even when we are shipping inside the USA.  The package goes MIA for a long period of time which creates this issue and then at a much later date shows up and finishes its journey to the intended address.

Ebay is right, you would need to contact the buyer for reimbursement.  I know it doesn't seem like enough, but it is not Ebay's responsibility to make you whole.  Refunding the buyer was the right thing to do with the information at the time.  It would be unfair to make a buyer wait indefinitely for a package to arrive.

Hopefully your buyer will do the right thing.  Good Luck.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 30
latest reply

@wujawitczak wrote:

so please talk to me straight, in this case, i see money from ebay or they dont care?

No, you won't see any money from Ebay.

Once the buyer receives the item, you can contact them and see if they will repay, but if they won't, there isn't anything you can do.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 30
latest reply

unbelievable guys, i just cant believe it, if ebay decide to refund when package is in transit it pretty encourage people to scam, like i said buyer didnt respond to any emails for 60 days, i guess if any package have delay you can easily scam seller and after package arrive you have free item

maybe i contact police department in his city, i have to think about that

its pretty fraud

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

@wujawitczak wrote:

unbelievable guys, i just cant believe it, if ebay decide to refund when package is in transit it pretty encourage people to scam, like i said buyer didnt respond to any emails for 60 days, i guess if any package have delay you can easily scam seller and after package arrive you have free item

maybe i contact police department in his city, i have to think about that

its pretty fraud

How could it possibly be a scam.  The buyer has paid you but has not received the product, so clearly the buyer is out the money.

Just because it is stuck in transit doesn't mean that the buyer is just out of luck and needs to wait some undetermined amount of time to see if it will eventually will show up.  After a reasonable amount of time, it would be our responsibility as a seller to make that buyer whole because it is likely that the package is lost.

I understand your dismay over this, but put yourself in the buyer's position.  What if you order something from Ebay or some other site and it never arrives?  Would you not contact whomever you purchased the item from asking where your item is?  Would you expect to pay for it even though you aren't likely to receive it?

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

These delays happen more with international shipments than domestic. It is one of the big reasons why many sellers do not sell internationally. I’m sorry this happened to you.

Unfortunately if you continue to sell internationally, it will probably happen again. So just be aware of that.

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

mam 98031

it will be fair if buyer reject receive package when carrier brings it to him

but we all know he will have free item

i just thinking how many buyers when receive item with huge delay, refund money

especially this dude dont care when stop responding to me

i never again ship international

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

These delays happen more with international shipments than domestic. It is one of the big reasons why many sellers do not sell internationally. I’m sorry this happened to you.

Unfortunately if you continue to sell internationally, it will probably happen again. So just be aware of that.

Boy not for me these days.  I have more missing or slow delivery packages in the last 30 days than I probably have had in the last 20 years and every single one of the is a US shipment.

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

@wujawitczak wrote:

mam 98031

it will be fair if buyer reject receive package when carrier brings it to him

but we all know he will have free item

i just thinking how many buyers when receive item with huge delay, refund money

especially this dude dont care when stop responding to me

i never again ship international

You should ask them to do that.  Not every buyer is here to take advantage of a seller.  Just be polite and professional and let them know to not open the package, just write return to sender on it and send it back.

I've been in this situation before a few times over the years and my buyers have either then paid me if they wanted to keep the item or sent it back.  

Certainly there are those buyers that will take advantage of a seller given the opportunity, but most buyers aren't like that.

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

I assume that this did not go thru the ebay global shipping program ? which is the only way I sell to anyone overseas. 

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

Boy not for me these days.  I have more missing or slow delivery packages in the last 30 days than I probably have had in the last 20 years and every single one of the is a US shipment.

Oh... yea I wasn’t referring to during the pandemic. A lot of things are topsy turvy during this time.

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

It is not the seller fault. E-bay should refund both parties.

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

@panddtrade wrote:

It is not the seller fault. E-bay should refund both parties.

@panddtrade 

So how long do you think Ebay should leave an INR open?  How long should the buyer have to wait?

How long would you be willing to wait as a buyer?

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

ok but isnt delay cause covid19 is the thing that ebay, buyers and sellers could take into account? thats why is easily scam at this moment, i bet that cases like mines are lot more, yes i believe some buyers are honest im telling all of people are scamers, but this dude open a case and didnt care about covid, he just simply won and from yesterday receive item for free, of course he didnt loggin to ebay immediately and didnt contact me

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

i receive message from ebay

Thank you for contacting eBay. I understand that you need assistance on an item that was just delivered to the buyer today. It is my pleasure to assist you today.

Rafal, to be honest and direct with you, please understand that once an item is delivered after the case closure, we can no longer grant your appeal nor process your refund.

To resolve this, I highly suggest to contact the buyer and ask them to pay for the item again or to return the item. I know that you are worried that the buyer might not care because the money and item is with them, however, right now, this is the best solution we can offer you. We believe that communication is they key to resolve any issue, hence, we humbly ask you to communicate with the buyer.

We appreciate your understanding.

SO I REALLY LOST MONEY, WOW, THEY REALLY DONT CARE

Message 15 of 30
latest reply