cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay wants my help, but they don't want to help me...

I'm amused by the fact that eBay wants me to report to them if a buyer attempts to buy something from me outside of their site. Yet, if that same buyer opens up a false INAD claim and sends me back a completely different item, eBay tells me that's the cost of doing business. We can't verify if that's what was shipped back to you. That was the response from my 4000 feedback to the buyers 2 feedback of which he is now no longer registered because he got his money back and a free phone. 

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: eBay wants my help, but they don't want to help me...

That was the response from my 4000 feedback to the buyers 2 feedback 

eBay has a vested interest in preventing buyers and sellers from circumventing fees. 

if that same buyer opens up a false INAD claim and sends me back a completely different item, eBay tells me that's the cost of doing business

eBay has a vested interest in favoring buyers over sellers when resolving disputes.  

That was the response from my 4000 feedback to the buyers 2 feedback 

eBay has never used feedback totals as a means of resolving disputes. 

Message 16 of 30
latest reply

The seller is always guilty because they are the ones that eBay collects fees from, and a "guilty" verdict results in the "fine" being paid to eBay.

Ebay has created some very serious conflicts of interest, and it's only a matter of time before it catches up with them in a big way.

Message 17 of 30
latest reply

Not less customers. Less sellers, more fraudulent buyers.
Message 18 of 30
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

@this*old*attic wrote:

But it does pass the legal test

Imagine going to court and saying, “Judge, I’ve been doing this forever. Trust me.”

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂👍🏻

Just look at how many long-time sellers come to these boards going "I accidentally sent the wrong item to the wrong buyer, what do I do now?"

How many times would ONE good seller with a dependable track record accidently send the buyer the wrong item ?  Tulips 

Message 19 of 30
latest reply

eBay has never used feedback totals as a means of resolving disputes.  lucky the winner  - unquote  

Do you ever wonder WHY they don't,, when they  really should  ?  Tulips 

Message 20 of 30
latest reply

The 4000 vs 2 feedback and the buyer immediately unregistering should be instant reason for ebay to cover the seller and they know it. cashvalue  unquote --------------- 

Common sense 101 -  Tulips 

Message 21 of 30
latest reply

@oaklandmaryland wrote:

Guess we should be a bunch of tattler tales now. Not for me to do.

What I REALLY HATE is when Ebay accuses a seller of trying to sell off of Ebay because someone even asks for a phone number or email address just to innocently ask for further info. Not everyone knows all of Ebay's million rules.

Sounds similar to a jealous boyfriend or girlfriend.  Smiley Indifferent

I'm not sure eBay knows all their rules.  Smiley Surprised

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

@turquoisetulips  wrote:

Burns me up ! A seller's good  track record  should speak for something !! I don't know what tempts them to question the word and the integrity of their   successful sellers  who have been here for years . They need to look at the scale  when deciding cases like this once in awhile  . To me,,,   it's the exact same thing as an employer calling one of his or her  most trusted long standing employee's  a **bleep** liar . Meanwhile taking sides  with a perfect stranger  with  little  track record in the same breath. Tulips 

It's burning up GMV, Sales and Revenue, when Sellers get tired of it and stop selling (and buying). 

And I full agree with you.

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

@turquoisetulips wrote:

eBay will learn soon, that the cost of doing business when you treat your Customers poorly, ... is less Customers. greg 

Not only that,,  they need to put aside the double standards .   In my previous post they '' bleeped''  out the word  that starts with a D and ends with an M  but freely use the word ASS  in their own advertising . Tulips 

Thanks for making me laugh!  Smiley Very Happy

While we are all hoping that the eBay Glass is Half Full, it appears more and more each day, that the Glass is Half Empty ...

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

@this*old*attic wrote:

But it does pass the legal test

Imagine going to court and saying, “Judge, I’ve been doing this forever. Trust me.”

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂👍🏻

This isn't court, it's just common sense Customer Service decisions. 

It also doesn't pass the legal test ... as it didn't go to court.  Smiley Indifferent

Message 25 of 30
latest reply

@cashvaluerecovery2011 wrote:
And it keeps bad buyers around which means a chance at fvf and guaranteed money on shipping and return shipping. Sellers paying for it means its a plus plus scenario for ebay.

eBay makes money while watching the bad transactions unfold (at the direction of Customer Service).  Sellers are stressed, waste time and lose money, and many eventually leave eBay.  Bad Buyers remain and repeat their bad acts.

Sounds like a page from an eBay Training Guide, to Improve Customer Satisfaction ... where this scenario is what you're supposed to train to "prevent."  Instead, it's a daily reality here.

Message 26 of 30
latest reply

@greg5000 wrote:

@cashvaluerecovery2011 wrote:
And it keeps bad buyers around which means a chance at fvf and guaranteed money on shipping and return shipping. Sellers paying for it means its a plus plus scenario for ebay.

eBay makes money while watching the bad transactions unfold (at the direction of Customer Service).  Sellers are stressed, waste time and lose money, and many eventually leave eBay.  Bad Buyers remain and repeat their bad acts.

Sounds like a page from an eBay Training Guide, to Improve Customer Satisfaction ... where this scenario is what you're supposed to train to "prevent."  Instead, it's a daily reality here.

Fortunately for ALL sellers, the vast majority of transactions and buyers go off without an issue at all.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 27 of 30
latest reply

Yes. Most transactions are positive ones. I don't get upset so much with the fraudulent buyers, I expect a percentage of the population(sadly) to be fraudulent. I get upset with eBay, not managing that fraud in a positive way that reflects my dealings with it. Especially the very obvious ones like the one I posted originally.
Message 28 of 30
latest reply

@chasearooauctions wrote:
Yes. Most transactions are positive ones. I don't get upset so much with the fraudulent buyers, I expect a percentage of the population(sadly) to be fraudulent. I get upset with eBay, not managing that fraud in a positive way that reflects my dealings with it. Especially the very obvious ones like the one I posted originally.

Yes, I completely agree.  And we need to encourage ALL sellers to report buyers when appropriate.  We need these buyers on Ebay's radar and we can help with that if we report buyers that are abusing the system.  That doesn't mean to report a buyer for some little infraction or something that you can't prove.  But when a buyer is clearly abusing the system, report them.  

It is kind of like filing UIDs.  It is important to file those things when appropriate.  Not just for the seller involved in the unpaid item, but for other sellers too as we can block buyers with a certain amount of UIDs in a specified period.

While we can't do that with abusive buyers yet, we need to start feeding this information to Ebay so the can start processing it and getting it on record.

We have to start somewhere and this is something that we can all do to help.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 29 of 30
latest reply

@greg5000 wrote:

@oaklandmaryland wrote:

Guess we should be a bunch of tattler tales now. Not for me to do.

What I REALLY HATE is when Ebay accuses a seller of trying to sell off of Ebay because someone even asks for a phone number or email address just to innocently ask for further info. Not everyone knows all of Ebay's million rules.

Sounds similar to a jealous boyfriend or girlfriend.  Smiley Indifferent

I'm not sure eBay knows all their rules.  Smiley Surprised

I can guarantee you that their CS department which is located offshore does not nor do they have any incentive to know and understand them.  If Ebay handles this area as they do most they are not even Ebay employees but work for a company that Ebay has contracted with.  They seem to have a hard enough time finding CS reps that are semi fluent in English as a second language, let alone to know and understand all of Ebays rules and policies which many times seem to change daily.

Message 30 of 30
latest reply