cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay wants my help, but they don't want to help me...

I'm amused by the fact that eBay wants me to report to them if a buyer attempts to buy something from me outside of their site. Yet, if that same buyer opens up a false INAD claim and sends me back a completely different item, eBay tells me that's the cost of doing business. We can't verify if that's what was shipped back to you. That was the response from my 4000 feedback to the buyers 2 feedback of which he is now no longer registered because he got his money back and a free phone. 

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Likely that EBay expects a degree of patriotism to ebay from it's sellers & frequent ebay shoppers. heart

EBay what's not for you to love ?

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

BINGO BINGO BINGO..

It's insulting to every long term seller on ebay  when ebay tells us they can't be sure that the pictures a seller provides are the actual picture of what was sold etc etc.

That reason doesn't pass the laugh test.  If ebay isn't going to give any weight to long time sellers provided pictures and evidence. what is the world is ebay allowing any sellers to do business on their site then..

It's literally impossible to prove anything,, "fake news".. .... This isn't a criminal trial.. where it has to be above any iota of reasonable doubt...  this is a civil matter. the standard to find for or against someone  is  more likely than not.... ebay can and should make decisions after considering all of the evidence presented..INCLUDING  ebay's longstanding business relationship with a seller. 

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

@chasearooauctions wrote:

I'm amused by the fact that eBay wants me to report to them if a buyer attempts to buy something from me outside of their site. Yet, if that same buyer opens up a false INAD claim and sends me back a completely different item, eBay tells me that's the cost of doing business. We can't verify if that's what was shipped back to you. That was the response from my 4000 feedback to the buyers 2 feedback of which he is now no longer registered because he got his money back and a free phone. 

eBay will learn soon, that the cost of doing business when you treat your Customers poorly, ... is less Customers.

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

Guess we should be a bunch of tattler tales now. Not for me to do.

What I REALLY HATE is when Ebay accuses a seller of trying to sell off of Ebay because someone even asks for a phone number or email address just to innocently ask for further info. Not everyone knows all of Ebay's million rules.

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

@chasearooauctions wrote:

I'm amused by the fact that eBay wants me to report to them if a buyer attempts to buy something from me outside of their site. Yet, if that same buyer opens up a false INAD claim and sends me back a completely different item, eBay tells me that's the cost of doing business. We can't verify if that's what was shipped back to you. That was the response from my 4000 feedback to the buyers 2 feedback of which he is now no longer registered because he got his money back and a free phone. OP

Burns me up ! A seller's good  track record  should speak for something !! I don't know what tempts them to question the word and the integrity of their   successful sellers  who have been here for years . They need to look at the scale  when deciding cases like this once in awhile  . To me,,,   it's the exact same thing as an employer calling one of his or her  most trusted long standing employee's  a **bleep** liar . Meanwhile taking sides  with a perfect stranger  with  little  track record in the same breath. Tulips 

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

eBay will learn soon, that the cost of doing business when you treat your Customers poorly, ... is less Customers. greg 

Not only that,,  they need to put aside the double standards .   In my previous post they '' bleeped''  out the word  that starts with a D and ends with an M  but freely use the word ASS  in their own advertising . Tulips 

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

But it does pass the legal test

Imagine going to court and saying, “Judge, I’ve been doing this forever. Trust me.”

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂👍🏻

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

@this*old*attic wrote:

Imagine going to court and saying, “Judge, I’ve been doing this forever. Trust me.”

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂👍🏻

A judge just doesn't go by the law they must also use discernment when deciding any case  .  Tulips 

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

I do understand the frustration, I've been there as many other have been as well.   You do at least have the protections of Free Returns, which is more than many of us have.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 10 of 30
latest reply

@this*old*attic wrote:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂👍🏻

Just look at how many long-time sellers come to these boards going "I accidentally sent the wrong item to the wrong buyer, what do I do now?"

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

@lasantino wrote:

BINGO BINGO BINGO..

It's insulting to every long term seller on ebay  when ebay tells us they can't be sure that the pictures a seller provides are the actual picture of what was sold etc etc.

That reason doesn't pass the laugh test.  If ebay isn't going to give any weight to long time sellers provided pictures and evidence. what is the world is ebay allowing any sellers to do business on their site then..

It's literally impossible to prove anything,, "fake news".. .... This isn't a criminal trial.. where it has to be above any iota of reasonable doubt...  this is a civil matter. the standard to find for or against someone  is  more likely than not.... ebay can and should make decisions after considering all of the evidence presented..INCLUDING  ebay's longstanding business relationship with a seller. 

I think the problem, respectfully speaking, is that 'bots and AI only know 'yes' and 'no'.  They don't know 'maybe' or 'possibly' or 'probably' or 'likely'.  Of course, that may just be the fault of the programming.  Then again, once the verdict is in, nothing can be changed.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 12 of 30
latest reply

I can tell you first hand that a judge in court will look at my reputation in business and the defendants criminal record and need very very little evidence to find in my favor.

A judge sees a guy lije me not coming to court over a few hundred dollars. He knows im **bleep** because of principal which gives my argument even more merit..........just like a sellers massive good history with ebay should garner. The 4000 vs 2 feedback and the buyer immediately unregistering should be instant reason for ebay to cover the seller and they know it.

Ebay the new obamaphone
Message 13 of 30
latest reply

Ebay should never have gotten into the decision making process on claims in the first place. Buyers have recourse through their cc or paypal, and can look after themselves. Why ebay wants to get in the middle is beyond me, but I do know that they keep the fvf's on lost seller cases...hmm...;) 

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

And it keeps bad buyers around which means a chance at fvf and guaranteed money on shipping and return shipping. Sellers paying for it means its a plus plus scenario for ebay.
Message 15 of 30
latest reply