cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Standard Envelope for Toys & Hobbies > Collectible Card Games > CCG Mixed Card Lots

I recently encountered an issue where the option to print eBay Standard Envelope was grayed out for a listing that sold under the category Toys & Hobbies > Collectible Card Games > CCG Mixed Card Lots. All requirements were satisfied for eBay Standard Envelope. However, a different listing that sold under the category Toys & Hobbies > Collectible Card Games > CCG Individual Cards did allow me to print eBay Standard Envelope. Is this because the category Individual Cards is eligible for eBay Standard Envelope while the category Mixed Card Lots is not?? An eBay agent told me that both should be eligible, but this does not seem to be the case. Anyone that can shed light on this would be much appreciated as I have over 200 Magic the Gathering card listings and want to be sure I can use eBay Standard Envelope. Thank you.

Message 1 of 45
latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

eBay Standard Envelope for Toys & Hobbies > Collectible Card Games > CCG Mixed Card Lots

It's a mess. If your lot fits under the 15-card limit and 3 oz. weight limit, it should be eligible for Standard Envelopes. In 2020 and 2021, there would be someone you could call and talk to that actually cared. I have 30 minute and hour long conversations with seller support last year when they rolled out the Standard Envelopes, and I think my conversations actually helped with the immediate glitches. Not anymore. 

Message 31 of 45
latest reply

Yes. I make the bulk of my income selling small, 1 oz. lots in the individual card category. Now what worked for me perfectly over the last two years is ruined. They need to at least open up the Standard Envelope service to mixed card lots.

Message 32 of 45
latest reply

You don't know anything about this category.

Message 33 of 45
latest reply

It's not the browser

Message 34 of 45
latest reply

True. The label scales to 3 oz., but if it's only meant for one, single card, it would never hit 3 oz. It would probably never actually hit 1 oz.

I just don't think they thought this one through.

Message 35 of 45
latest reply

The system is so broken that we can't even put decimals. It automatically rounds up to 1 inch.

Message 36 of 45
latest reply

Yes. 15 cards is the "on-paper" requirement. But, sellers have been shipping in stamped envelopes for decades. Just cut up a binder page and goes through fine.

Message 37 of 45
latest reply

But y tho? They're only hurting their own business.

Message 38 of 45
latest reply

Thank you, but it's kind of scary that you guys don't even know how your own website runs.

Message 39 of 45
latest reply

Hi everyone! I have great news...the shipping team was able to get this pushed through sooner than expected so you should once again see this option for the Toys & Hobbies > Collectible Card Games > CCG Mixed Card Lots. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 40 of 45
latest reply

That's fantastic news, thank you velvet@ebay! Now comes the arduous task of converting all my mixed card lots from category CCG Individual Cards to CCG Mixed Card Lots! But at the end of the day, this will be better for sellers and buyers alike. Cheers!

Message 41 of 45
latest reply

What is the expected date of this change?

Message 42 of 45
latest reply

Hi velvet@ebay , I just sold one of my listings that I changed from Individual Cards to Mixed Card Lots and the option to select eBay Standard Envelope is still grayed out (see screenshot). The issue apparently still isn't resolved yet, and I am losing hope that it ever will. It looks like I will have to change my listings again and continue listing under the wrong category, which is really a bummer as sales will be impacted from buyers not finding my listings.  If there is anything you can do on your end to remedy this, it would be appreciated. Untitled.jpg

Message 43 of 45
latest reply

devon@ebay     since velvet is gone, can you help on this? 

@meyercollectibles wrote:

Hi velvet@ebay , I just sold one of my listings that I changed from Individual Cards to Mixed Card Lots and the option to select eBay Standard Envelope is still grayed out (see screenshot). The issue apparently still isn't resolved yet, and I am losing hope that it ever will. It looks like I will have to change my listings again and continue listing under the wrong category, which is really a bummer as sales will be impacted from buyers not finding my listings.  If there is anything you can do on your end to remedy this, it would be appreciated. Untitled.jpg

Message 44 of 45
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

devon@ebay     since velvet is gone, can you help on this? 

@meyercollectibles wrote:

Hey @dhbookds! I will reach out to the Shipping Team on this and I will update you once I hear a response back from them.

Devon,
eBay
Message 45 of 45
latest reply