cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Standard Envelope for Toys & Hobbies > Collectible Card Games > CCG Mixed Card Lots

I recently encountered an issue where the option to print eBay Standard Envelope was grayed out for a listing that sold under the category Toys & Hobbies > Collectible Card Games > CCG Mixed Card Lots. All requirements were satisfied for eBay Standard Envelope. However, a different listing that sold under the category Toys & Hobbies > Collectible Card Games > CCG Individual Cards did allow me to print eBay Standard Envelope. Is this because the category Individual Cards is eligible for eBay Standard Envelope while the category Mixed Card Lots is not?? An eBay agent told me that both should be eligible, but this does not seem to be the case. Anyone that can shed light on this would be much appreciated as I have over 200 Magic the Gathering card listings and want to be sure I can use eBay Standard Envelope. Thank you.

Message 1 of 45
latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

eBay Standard Envelope for Toys & Hobbies > Collectible Card Games > CCG Mixed Card Lots

Isn't there a limit as to the # of cards that can be sent in the Stan Env?  If so, I'm guess that's the reason  Card Lots category would not be eligible for it>>>>>>????

Message 2 of 45
latest reply

@meyercollectibles wrote:

I recently encountered an issue where the option to print eBay Standard Envelope was grayed out for a listing that sold under the category Toys & Hobbies > Collectible Card Games > CCG Mixed Card Lots. All requirements were satisfied for eBay Standard Envelope. However, a different listing that sold under the category Toys & Hobbies > Collectible Card Games > CCG Individual Cards did allow me to print eBay Standard Envelope. Is this because the category Individual Cards is eligible for eBay Standard Envelope while the category Mixed Card Lots is not?? An eBay agent told me that both should be eligible, but this does not seem to be the case. Anyone that can shed light on this would be much appreciated as I have over 200 Magic the Gathering card listings and want to be sure I can use eBay Standard Envelope. Thank you.

eBay standard envelope

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/shipping/ebay-standard-envelope.html 

Message 3 of 45
latest reply

Thank you for the response, but I don't think that is the reason, as the mixed card lot I sold was only two cards. All of my mixed card lots are under the 15 card requirement for eBay Standard Envelope.

Message 4 of 45
latest reply

I always had to list all my lots in the single card category, their gatekeeping of the standard envelope leaves much to be desired. List two cards in a lot, can't use it. Sell 24 cards for $2 each in the singles category and it will absolutely let you generate the label despite the supposed 15 card limit.

Message 5 of 45
latest reply

Also, as of a couple days ago, I can no longer put the word "lot" in the title under the Individual Cards category. I had no issue with this in the past, but now it gives an error message when trying to list with words implying lots when the category is Individual Cards. Anyone else having this issue? eBay certainly isn't making this seller friendly...

Message 6 of 45
latest reply

Yes, and I have had trouble with things like 2x and 3x as well. Going to cause a lot of trouble since some cards have words they are trying to block in their official names.

Message 7 of 45
latest reply

I can no longer put the word "lot" in the title under the Individual Cards category. 

@meyercollectibles   Correct. More than one is a "lot". One is an "individual". Put them in the right places. 

Message 8 of 45
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

I can no longer put the word "lot" in the title under the Individual Cards category. 

@meyercollectibles   Correct. More than one is a "lot". One is an "individual". Put them in the right places. 

Yes, but they turned off the standard envelope shipping that everyone uses for trading cards now on the lot category. It is either list in the wrong category or you have unsellable merchandise. Gaming cards are often sold 4 at a time of the same one for $1-2 and can be shipped for 57 cents. Put that same 4 not sellable one at a time in the lot category and they become unsellable because it is forcing shipping as a package now. This cannot be what ebay wants since they specifically came up with standard envelope to take sports business away from Beckett Marketplace and gaming card business away from tcgplayer and this change means ebay is now not the best site for cards anymore.

Message 9 of 45
latest reply

Hopefully someone comes along and tags an Ebay employee your response as they can send this problem to the right person to check out. It definitely sounds like a glitch that needs correction if what you say is true,

Message 10 of 45
latest reply

I am guessing you are using google chrome as your provider.  Currently there are a lot of issues in regards to printing out labels for eBay standard envelopes.  In order for me to get it working I cleared cookies and am currently printing them using Microsoft Edge.  As long as I go slow I am able to get them to print there.  I did try again recently on Chrome and noticed the greyed out issue is still there for shipping.

Message 11 of 45
latest reply

So it looks to not be an Ebay problem. Thanks, no need to contact an employee.

Message 12 of 45
latest reply

@onefootflipper wrote:

@coolections wrote:

Yes, but they turned off the standard envelope shipping that everyone uses for trading cards now on the lot category. It is either list in the wrong category or you have unsellable merchandise. Gaming cards are often sold 4 at a time of the same one for $1-2 and can be shipped for 57 cents. Put that same 4 not sellable one at a time in the lot category and they become unsellable because it is forcing shipping as a package now. This cannot be what ebay wants since they specifically came up with standard envelope to take sports business away from Beckett Marketplace and gaming card business away from tcgplayer and this change means ebay is now not the best site for cards anymore.

@onefootflipper  I remember similar things happened with post cards last year when they moved categories around - it was like they forgot to enable standard envelope for some of the new categories.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/Ebay-forgot-to-enable-ebay-standard-envelope-shipping-for-som... 

velvet@ebay  devon@ebay  - can you check on this please? ESUS is an option when you list in the CCG Mixed Card Lots category, but reportedly not available when actually trying to print the label.

2022-07-24_16-16-16.png

Message 13 of 45
latest reply

@onefootflipperThank you for the informative explanation.

That is exactly right, it seems eBay has ESUS turned off when trying to print the label when a listing is sold under category Mixed Lots, which forces the seller to purchase First Class Package instead, even when the option is available to select when creating the listing.

@cards98765I mostly use Firefox and Chrome, but haven't tried Microsoft Edge. Could it really be a browser issue? Can anyone confirm this? I'd hate to change 100+ listings to Mixed Lots, just to find out the browser isn't the issue, and then have to change them all back to Individual Lots!

@coolectionsRegarding the use of the word "lot" under Individual Cards, I have many listings that are multiples of the same card, so using the word "lot" makes sense to indicate more than one, and the category Individual Cards also makes sense, as they are of the same card. Even if eBay defines this category as a single card only, I'd still rather list these lots under Individual Cards so I can utilize ESUS.

@valueaddedresourceThank you for reaching out to eBay personnel to try and resolve this issue. I would much prefer to list mixed lots under the correct category, but as long as ESUS is unavailable for this category, I will continue to list under Individual. Please continue to post on this thread as new information becomes available. Thank you.

Message 14 of 45
latest reply

Sorry, my comment was in regards to the greyed out button when printing out labels from your purchases.  I don't think it would do anything for where you have your cards posted.

Message 15 of 45
latest reply