cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Standard Envelope for Toys & Hobbies > Collectible Card Games > CCG Mixed Card Lots

I recently encountered an issue where the option to print eBay Standard Envelope was grayed out for a listing that sold under the category Toys & Hobbies > Collectible Card Games > CCG Mixed Card Lots. All requirements were satisfied for eBay Standard Envelope. However, a different listing that sold under the category Toys & Hobbies > Collectible Card Games > CCG Individual Cards did allow me to print eBay Standard Envelope. Is this because the category Individual Cards is eligible for eBay Standard Envelope while the category Mixed Card Lots is not?? An eBay agent told me that both should be eligible, but this does not seem to be the case. Anyone that can shed light on this would be much appreciated as I have over 200 Magic the Gathering card listings and want to be sure I can use eBay Standard Envelope. Thank you.

Message 1 of 45
latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Re: eBay Standard Envelope for Toys & Hobbies > Collectible Card Games > CCG Mixed Card Lo

@cards98765 Yes, that is what I'm referring to, the greyed out button when printing labels for an item sold under Mixed Lot category, as shown in below screenshot. All requirements have been met for eBay Standard Envelope, it's just that the sub category CCG Mixed Card Lots does not allow you to print the label, but sub category CCG Individual Cards does.  Is this something eBay needs to fix, or is there a reason Mixed Card Lots is not eligible for eBay Standard Envelope? eBay.jpg

Message 16 of 45
latest reply

Re: eBay Standard Envelope for Toys & Hobbies > Collectible Card Games > CCG Mixed Card Lo

It makes little sense when able to ship multiple single cards within one Standard Envelope with one tracking number. I can literally copy and paste the tracking number for cards also in that package but not the card I purchased a label for. Lastly, I am confused why there is an option to select 1oz, 2oz, or 3oz. One card in a penny sleeve, toploader, and teambag with envelope and whatnot is well under 1oz. Why even offer added weight if the program is designed for single cards? In my experience I have been randomly locked out and the program aligns with "eBay" expectations for reliability.

Message 17 of 45
latest reply

@meyercollectibles wrote:

@cards98765 Yes, that is what I'm referring to, the greyed out button when printing labels for an item sold under Mixed Lot category, as shown in below screenshot. All requirements have been met for eBay Standard Envelope, it's just that the sub category CCG Mixed Card Lots does not allow you to print the label, but sub category CCG Individual Cards does.  Is this something eBay needs to fix, or is there a reason Mixed Card Lots is not eligible for eBay Standard Envelope?

@meyercollectibles - just to avoid some possibly confusion here, there is currently a widespread issue going on with shipping in general for a lot of sellers across a lot of categories that is preventing them from printing shipping labels at all for any kind of service (check the technical issues board for example).

That may be what @cards98765  was originally referring to as sellers affected by that issue have reported some success with clearing cookies or using a different browser. If so, that's a different issue than what you are experiencing where just ESUS is not available but other shipping methods are.

Looking at your screenshot, I'm wondering if they are including tax in the $20 limit? My understanding based on the T&C is they are not supposed to do that, but the "order value $21.40" makes me wonder if that is what they are basing it on.

2022-07-25_16-11-45.png

Are you able to print ESUS labels in that category if the total with tax and shipping is under $20 or does it not allow it in that category at all, regardless of price?

Message 18 of 45
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

@cards98765 Yes, that is what I'm referring to, the greyed out button when printing labels for an item sold under Mixed Lot category, as shown in below screenshot. All requirements have been met for eBay Standard Envelope, it's just that the sub category CCG Mixed Card Lots does not allow you to print the label, but sub category CCG Individual Cards does.  Is this something eBay needs to fix, or is there a reason Mixed Card Lots is not eligible for eBay Standard Envelope?

@meyercollectibles - just to avoid some possibly confusion here, there is currently a widespread issue going on with shipping in general for a lot of sellers across a lot of categories that is preventing them from printing shipping labels at all for any kind of service (check the technical issues board for example).

That may be what @cards98765  was originally referring to as sellers affected by that issue have reported some success with clearing cookies or using a different browser. If so, that's a different issue than what you are experiencing where just ESUS is not available but other shipping methods are.

Looking at your screenshot, I'm wondering if they are including tax in the $20 limit? My understanding based on the T&C is they are not supposed to do that, but the "order value $21.40" makes me wonder if that is what they are basing it on.

2022-07-25_16-11-45.png

Are you able to print ESUS labels in that category if the total with tax and shipping is under $20 or does it not allow it in that category at all, regardless of price?

Looking at the screenshot even more - could it be the width/thickness? Max is 0.25, looks like it's rounded up to 1"

Message 19 of 45
latest reply

@valueaddedresourceWhen I've sold items under Individual Cards for the same price, $19.43 + $0.57 shipping ($20 total) plus tax, it allows me to print the ESUS label (screenshot below) , so I don't think total cost with tax is responsible. Same with width/thickness, the system doesn't even allow decimal points, the lowest it can go is 1, so I don't think it's that either (screenshot also shows this). Good ideas, but the issue still persists...

eBay2.jpg

Message 20 of 45
latest reply

@valueaddedresourceWhen I've sold items under Individual Cards for the same price, $19.43 + $0.57 shipping ($20 total) plus tax, it allows me to print the ESUS label (screenshot below) , so I don't think total cost with tax is responsible. Same with width/thickness, the system doesn't even allow decimal points, the lowest it can go is 1, so I don't think it's that either (screenshot also shows this). Good ideas, but the issue still persists...

Thanks @meyercollectibles  in that case, hopefully the eBay staff I tagged earlier will check in and get this escalated to the proper team because it really does sound to me like they just don't have the category coded properly.

Message 21 of 45
latest reply

It isn't the general current shipping issues.

It definitely isn't cost plus tax or even plus shipping. I post cards at 19.99 plus shipping all the time and ship them standard envelope.

Standard envelope can go up to 3 ounces because it is actually possible to get a package there. The category supports coins and will also let you combine ship multiple single card orders into one envelope as long as the value doesn't go over $50. Strangely enough they don't even limit that to 15 cards. The option will be available for larger orders as well as long as all those cards were in the singles category.  While I wouldn't ship more than 15 baseball cards in an order, I know from experience that 21 Magic or Pokemon cards goes through the standard envelope system just fine using a cut off binder page with 7 cards in each pocket (I always use filler cards so the purchased card always has at least one card between it and the outside of the envelope). -- Strangely enough, I have never had any problem with 2 and 3 ounce standard envelopes loaded to the gills, it has only ever been the ones with the minimum postage and a top loader or little lump of cards that have ever given me any post office problems. 

Message 22 of 45
latest reply

@onefootflipper wrote:

@coolections wrote:

I can no longer put the word "lot" in the title under the Individual Cards category. 

@meyercollectibles   Correct. More than one is a "lot". One is an "individual". Put them in the right places. 

Yes, but they turned off the standard envelope shipping that everyone uses for trading cards now on the lot category. It is either list in the wrong category or you have unsellable merchandise. Gaming cards are often sold 4 at a time of the same one for $1-2 and can be shipped for 57 cents. Put that same 4 not sellable one at a time in the lot category and they become unsellable because it is forcing shipping as a package now. This cannot be what ebay wants since they specifically came up with standard envelope to take sports business away from Beckett Marketplace and gaming card business away from tcgplayer and this change means ebay is now not the best site for cards anymore.

@onefootflipper  I remember similar things happened with post cards last year when they moved categories around - it was like they forgot to enable standard envelope for some of the new categories.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/Ebay-forgot-to-enable-ebay-standard-envelope-shipping-for-som... 

velvet@ebay  devon@ebay  - can you check on this please? ESUS is an option when you list in the CCG Mixed Card Lots category, but reportedly not available when actually trying to print the label.

2022-07-24_16-16-16.png

Hi @valueaddedresource! I've heard back from the shipping team. They said eSE is not supported for that category and they are aware that it shows up in the listing flow. They're taking a closer look for next steps there. In the meantime though, the Toys & Hobbies > Collectible Card Games > CCG Mixed Card Lots does not qualify for the eSE option.

Velvet,
eBay
Message 23 of 45
latest reply

velvet@ebay wrote:

@onefootflipper wrote:

@coolections wrote:

I can no longer put the word "lot" in the title under the Individual Cards category. 

@meyercollectibles   Correct. More than one is a "lot". One is an "individual". Put them in the right places. 

Yes, but they turned off the standard envelope shipping that everyone uses for trading cards now on the lot category. It is either list in the wrong category or you have unsellable merchandise. Gaming cards are often sold 4 at a time of the same one for $1-2 and can be shipped for 57 cents. Put that same 4 not sellable one at a time in the lot category and they become unsellable because it is forcing shipping as a package now. This cannot be what ebay wants since they specifically came up with standard envelope to take sports business away from Beckett Marketplace and gaming card business away from tcgplayer and this change means ebay is now not the best site for cards anymore.

@onefootflipper  I remember similar things happened with post cards last year when they moved categories around - it was like they forgot to enable standard envelope for some of the new categories.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/Ebay-forgot-to-enable-ebay-standard-envelope-shipping-for-som... 

velvet@ebay  devon@ebay  - can you check on this please? ESUS is an option when you list in the CCG Mixed Card Lots category, but reportedly not available when actually trying to print the label.

2022-07-24_16-16-16.png

Hi @valueaddedresource! I've heard back from the shipping team. They said eSE is not supported for that category and they are aware that it shows up in the listing flow. They're taking a closer look for next steps there. In the meantime though, the Toys & Hobbies > Collectible Card Games > CCG Mixed Card Lots does not qualify for the eSE option.

Thanks velvet@ebay !

I know typically "why" questions are tough for you to answer here, but in this case I'm hoping you can go back to the team and get us some clarity on what exactly makes this category not eligible for eBay Standard Envelope service.

It's not obvious from the eSE FAQ page that it *wouldn't* qualify - there is nothing that says it only applies to single cards, in fact it specifically says up to 15 raw cards or 2 with top loaders.

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/shipping/ebay-labels-services/ebay-domestic-shipping-services/ebay...

esecats.png

It would seem from that page that as long as the envelope fits the dimension requirements and the sale is under $20, trading cards with those parameters should qualify.

Is there an exhaustive list of all categories that have standard envelope currently enabled posted somewhere?

Message 24 of 45
latest reply

velvet@ebay wrote:

@onefootflipper wrote:

@coolections wrote:

2022-07-24_16-16-16.png

Thanks velvet@ebay !

I know typically "why" questions are tough for you to answer here, but in this case I'm hoping you can go back to the team and get us some clarity on what exactly makes this category not eligible for eBay Standard Envelope service.

It's not obvious from the eSE FAQ page that it *wouldn't* qualify - there is nothing that says it only applies to single cards, in fact it specifically says up to 15 raw cards or 2 with top loaders.

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/shipping/ebay-labels-services/ebay-domestic-shipping-services/ebay...

esecats.png

It would seem from that page that as long as the envelope fits the dimension requirements and the sale is under $20, trading cards with those parameters should qualify.

Is there an exhaustive list of all categories that have standard envelope currently enabled posted somewhere?

Good news @valueaddedresource and @meyercollectibles! The shipping team was able to get this category covered under the eSE program once again, so there will be no need to remove if from the listing flow. It should update within the next month but I'll follow-up here once I’ve received confirmation that the update has processed.

Thank you everyone for surfacing the issue to us! 😊

Velvet,
eBay
Message 25 of 45
latest reply

Appreciate the update velvet@ebay and glad to hear CCG mixed lots will be added back to eSE "once again" but that begs the question - why were they removed in the first place if they were eligible before?

Why is it going to take up to a month to re-enable the category and how would sellers who don't use this forum be expected to know about this issue when selecting eSE in the listing the flow?

Unfortunately, this still leaves sellers in a difficult position because they will see it in the listing flow, select it and have no way to know until after the sale that they will not be able to purchase an eSE label and must pay more than the buyer paid in shipping to send it first class or whatever option is available.

Is eBay going to compensate those sellers for the additional postage costs incurred until they can get the category re-enabled on the backend?

Message 26 of 45
latest reply

What about Sports Trading Card Lots? Many of us have recently been required to list lots of 2 cards in this category, so hopefully that category is also enabled for eBay Standard Envelope. Can anyone confirm if that category is eligible for eBay Standard Envelope? Thanks.

Message 27 of 45
latest reply

My guess is that they have a system in place that doesn't allow someone to just go in and change the one line of code or single database entry that would fix something like this instantly.  Probably 4 layers of management and assignments and other fluff that keeps it from just happening.  Of course with a system this important if they let people "just fix stuff" they could also easily take down the whole system with mistakes.

I won't be listing any card lots until this is fixed.

Message 28 of 45
latest reply

Thank you for the good news velvet@ebay . This will prevent a lot of headache for the trading card selling community. As for when this officially goes live, I will wait until confirmation from you and/or another eBay communication before I go through and change all my listings. Once again, thank you for taking this issue up with eBay and working to get this resolved!

And thank you @valueaddedresource for helping move this along to get to a resolution. Cheers.

Message 29 of 45
latest reply

Ebay is dumb and doesn't understand their buyers/sellers in the CCG category. I made $25K in both 2020 and 2021 in the CCG individual cards category, selling 4-card lots (less than 1 oz. each). Now they won't let me use the keyword "lot" in individual cards, which drives less traffic to the listing. But, if I put the listing in CCG Mixed Card Lots, I can't ship it for $0.57, even though the item is less than 1 oz. 

Makes no sense. I have no clue who runs the CCG department, but they should be fired.

Message 30 of 45
latest reply