cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Promoted Listing Ad Fee Not Refunded when you Cancel a Transaction.

For anyone using eBay promoted listings you are charged an ad fee based on the rate you set if the buyer clicked on the ad and the item sells.

I found out today if you cancel the transaction because the buyer asked you to cancel eBay dosn't automatically refund you the ad fee. I had to call them to have the ad fee manually creditied and the customer service representative had no idea why I was not automatically creditied. This happened twice on two seprate cancelled transactions that sold through ebay ads.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Dear Shefali Singla,

We hope you are well. It has been some time since your post, however if not you we hope another staff member of the Marketing dept. will be able to answer our simple question.

The "promote your listings" type of campaigns are cost per sale (CPA) based as well known. We have noticed that when a sold item is returned and refunded, the associated ad fee paid are not credited back.

It has not been a good experience having to call Support each and every time to request credits for ad fees on returned and refunded items.

Can you please confirm we have the right to claim these type of fees?

Thank you,
TA team

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

My promoted listing fee was not returning, too. Can you help?

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

@yuksh21 

do you understand that the fees are not refunded until the following month?

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

Ok, I just don’t understand how this 39.96 come from, I can’t see how it come out.

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

Imagine that....ebay says they can help you grow your ebay business...offer FREE Shipping

Then they come out with we can grow your ebay business... offer FREE Returns

Then they come out with  eBay PROMOTED listings....

I don't know about the rest of you but....since all this has come out

my ebay business has dropped like dead flies being sprayed with raid.

So much for ebay knowing how to grow our ebay business.

Looks to me like....they are trying to destroy the ebay business.

Message 20 of 26
latest reply

@mrrufusandmsladya wrote:

Imagine that....ebay says they can help you grow your ebay business...offer FREE Shipping

Then they come out with we can grow your ebay business... offer FREE Returns

Then they come out with  eBay PROMOTED listings....

I don't know about the rest of you but....since all this has come out

my ebay business has dropped like dead flies being sprayed with raid.

So much for ebay knowing how to grow our ebay business.

Looks to me like....they are trying to destroy the ebay business.

No, People are destroying their own business by listening to ebay.......

I do auctions and I certainly don't fall in line with what ebay wants me to do...and my sales are doing just fine. 

The marketing geniuses at ebay want us all to believe they are re-inventing the wheel with each new, brilliant idea...nothing but college kids who couldn't sell a glass a cold lemonade in the middle of the desert.

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

@shireeodiz wrote:

I'm sorry but I have to agree with the original post. eBay does NOT automatically refund promoted ad fees. We are currently in the process of getting over $4000 of fees credited (hopefully) for unpaid bogus sales, returns and cancellations. We've received final value fees, but in order to get the promoted ad fees credited, we are being asked to provide proof that the items weren't paid or were returned. Basically we're jumping through hoops to get our money back. Furthermore, credits that eBay have acknowledged should be given have been escaleted for senior confirmation due to the high value of the credit. Very frustrating. We feel cheated. 

If the promoted listing fees are $4000 on cancels/returns, I can't imagine what lost sales amount to!! These posts clearly demonstrate buying habits here are out of control! Returns and cancellations shouldn't be this extreme! Since those who post here represent merely a fraction of sellers experiencing the same issues, one can only imagine the millions of dollars in lost revenue returns and cancels are costing this site and it's sellers!

Ebay is to blame by making it way to too easy for buyers to take advantage of over lenient policies. It's time ebay stepped up and tightened their belts on this. This is supposed to be a site that sells items, not for sampling or renting them, or for impulse buys one immediately regrets. Ebay should impose a buyer cancellation fee shown to the buyer at checkout,  it could be waived for the first cancellation. This would result in more thoughtful purchases and discourage those who make uncertain purchases which only end up costing sellers and ebay.

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

@yuksh21 wrote:

Ok, I just don’t understand how this 39.96 come from, I can’t see how it come out.

@yuksh21- On the right of the page select the last invoice from the drop down menu. That will show you where the charge is coming from.

You have to pay the promoted listing fee on the month it's applied even if the order was cancelled or returned. After you refund the buyer, the NEXT month you will receive a credit for the promoted listing fee.

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

It has happened to me twice. Both times it was a non paying buyer. After waiting the appropriate time and reporting the non-payer, then waiting the appropriate time to request  a fees refund and giving the buyer an unpaid item strike, my final value fees were refunded immediately but my ad rate fees were not. Both times I had to call ebay and both times I was told there must be a "glitch in the system". The first time I waited a few days and the second time I even waited several days(well over a week) before calling. "Glitch" my eye. They just want you to not notice or do nothing so they can "STEAL" your money.

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

The first time I waited a few days and the second time I even waited several days(well over a week) before

As stated earlier in this thread..............credits are given the NEXT MONTH on the promo charges.............

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here.

Thanks.

Message 26 of 26
latest reply