cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Promoted Listing Ad Fee Not Refunded when you Cancel a Transaction.

For anyone using eBay promoted listings you are charged an ad fee based on the rate you set if the buyer clicked on the ad and the item sells.

I found out today if you cancel the transaction because the buyer asked you to cancel eBay dosn't automatically refund you the ad fee. I had to call them to have the ad fee manually creditied and the customer service representative had no idea why I was not automatically creditied. This happened twice on two seprate cancelled transactions that sold through ebay ads.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@vipseatcovers wrote:

For anyone using eBay promoted listings you are charged an ad fee based on the rate you set if the buyer clicked on the ad and the item sells.

I found out today if you cancel the transaction because the buyer asked you to cancel eBay dosn't automatically refund you the ad fee. I had to call them to have the ad fee manually creditied and the customer service representative had no idea why I was not automatically creditied. This happened twice on two seprate cancelled transactions that sold through ebay ads.

Hi,

I am a member of the promoted listings team at eBay and wanted to get back to you regarding your concerns with ad fee & canceled transactions.

We do automatically credit the promoted listings ad fee for returns and canceled items. I would encourage you to check the following months invoice to see if the fee was indeed credited. If not, please send me the itemID of these transactions and I will check with our finance team to troubleshoot the issue.

Going forward please leave us feeback directly via the 'give us feedback' link in the campaign management tool. This way we can get back to you faster. Learn more here: http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/faq/stores.html#m22_tb_a6__8 

Best,

Shefali Singla,

Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Promoted listings.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

@vipseatcovers wrote:

Hi,

I am a member of the promoted listings team at eBay and wanted to get back to you regarding your concerns with ad fee & canceled transactions.

We do automatically credit the promoted listings ad fee for returns and canceled items. I would encourage you to check the following months invoice to see if the fee was indeed credited. If not, please send me the itemID of these transactions and I will check with our finance team to troubleshoot the issue.

Going forward please leave us feeback directly via the 'give us feedback' link in the campaign management tool. This way we can get back to you faster. Learn more here: http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/faq/stores.html#m22_tb_a6__8 

Best,

Shefali Singla,

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

I'm sorry but I have to agree with the original post. eBay does NOT automatically refund promoted ad fees. We are currently in the process of getting over $4000 of fees credited (hopefully) for unpaid bogus sales, returns and cancellations. We've received final value fees, but in order to get the promoted ad fees credited, we are being asked to provide proof that the items weren't paid or were returned. Basically we're jumping through hoops to get our money back. Furthermore, credits that eBay have acknowledged should be given have been escaleted for senior confirmation due to the high value of the credit. Very frustrating. We feel cheated. 

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

Still not being automatically credited for cancellations, returns, etc..., and they are fighting us about the credits.  We will be stopping all promoted listings because of this.

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

wrote:

This sounds like tons of fun...how do I sign up?

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

wrote:

Ebay does this sort of thing over and over again. It should be automatic credits but if something "happens" on thier end and it is not credited. The seller has to call in and wait on the phone to get credits. Ebay makes a ton of money on these supposed mistakes. Funny but I have never had a mistake occur in my favor when checking my invoice.

If you found my reply useful, please give it a Helpful.

If my response assisted in resolving your question, please click "Accept as Solution."

"If you found my reply useful, please give it a Helpful.

If my response assisted in resolving your question, please click Accept as Solution."

nana-nana-boo-boo
Message 6 of 26
latest reply

Hi there,

I can confirm this is still not the case.  It also is not refunded if the buyer returns the item.  Please update us on a fix.  I have to imagine there are a ton of sellers that are due some credits.  

Thank you.

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

Same thing here... I guess I will wait for an hour online and call them... ugh!

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

I've got a non paying bidder case opened on a promoted listing.

$20 bucks says I won't get my promoted fee back when the non-paying bidder is given a strike and closed.

Sounds like all of us sellers need to band together in a massive Class Action Suite.
Anyone know any lawers who want a peice of eBay?
This "Glitch" is worth MILLIONS when they get nailed....

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

Ad fees still not being refunded on returned items.  Thinking I may have to drop promoted listings alltogether.  After bending over backwords for eBay and offering free returns there is not enough profit margin left when a buyer returns a collectible becaust they "changed their mind" 3 weeks later.

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

Why not send the info to this guy who said they could fix it........but note that he said the credit would be on the following months invoice.........  have you checked those?
@shefsing wrote:

@vipseatcoverswrote:

Hi,

Best,

Shefali Singla,

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

I was credited but it showed up on next month's invoice. It wasn't automatic but it was on the next month's invoice. Had many people cancel, have been credited fees from promotional listings on next month's invoice every single time.

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

Your correct, the ad fee is credited to the next months invoice and not automatically credited immediately after a transaction is canceled. Kind of sucks you have to wait so long to get the credit.
Message 13 of 26
latest reply

OH THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE INFORMATION
Message 14 of 26
latest reply

2 months worth of fees and after talking to web chat I was told no you fees are correct. Now I have searched online as I couldn’t understand the fees and credits as they are separate on the invoice and hard to work out when you have many items sold and unpaid items and cancelled etc. 

Now i will ring Ebay to collect refund and possibly go through the same headache everyone else is. Also I won’t be using the promoted listings as things will sell eventually. 

Message 15 of 26
latest reply