cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GENERATE SALES - what do you do to get sales?

Just curious what other sellers are doing to help get buying traffic - do you use Social Media? Create sales? What works for you?

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

If it is highly competitive and my listing is not showing up on the first page with seach terms, then Promoted Listings have been very effective ... costly, but effective at generating sales.

Message 2 of 37
latest reply

I have yet to try that - have you found using social media useful, if only to have your items floating around the internet..?

Message 3 of 37
latest reply

IMHO one of the key points is visibility. If you don't show up in searches on the first page your chance that people will find your site gets really low. To be see does not always makes a sale, but not to be seen certainly does not make a sale.

To have an eye on the search rank I wrote a little checking tool. First for myself, but I noticed there is interest from other sellers, so I made it public and free. Feel free to try.
Test your eBay search rank: https://ranktool.bid
Message 4 of 37
latest reply

WOW - thanks so much for sharing that tool! I will definitely be using it : ) Since you stated you've made it public and free, would you mind if I shared it with a sellers group I belong to?
Message 5 of 37
latest reply

@jewelstoys wrote:
WOW - thanks so much for sharing that tool! I will definitely be using it : ) Since you stated you've made it public and free, would you mind if I shared it with a sellers group I belong to?

Sure! Feel free to share it!

Message 6 of 37
latest reply

Awesome tool, thank you!! 

Message 7 of 37
latest reply

I try to use social media a lot to help put my item out there. I use Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and sometimes Facebook. I also have a website. 

My only issue with eBay and social media is that links to your items have a short shelf life. Discovered that after 60-90 days, the link you used to bring them into your store stops working and just brings you into eBay seeing everyone's items instead of just yours. Wasn't too thrilled with that. I could understand it if the item was no longer available. But this happens on my longtime high selling items that never end. I believe that a link to my item should stay active as long as my item is active. For that reason I promote my items more on other sites. 

Good luck! 

Message 8 of 37
latest reply

@nancysjewelsandsupplies wrote:

I try to use social media a lot to help put my item out there. I use Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and sometimes Facebook. I also have a website. 

You can also try google. Google picks up eBay listings with a logo free, crisp, white background top image.  You can't really control what google picks up, but you can help to increase the chance.

A separate mobile description is also something I would add to the HTML too.

Message 9 of 37
latest reply

I see the others have given you a number of ways so I won't repeat them. I will add this though, I send previous buyers coupons to use on their next purchase with me. They can be limited to a month from date or however long you want it for. They appreciate it. 🙂
Message 10 of 37
latest reply

How do you send them coupons?
Message 11 of 37
latest reply

I'M NOT A RELIGIOUS PERSON BUT LATELY THE ONLY THING i CAN DO IS PRAY. EBAY HAS ALL BUT DESTROYED OUR NORMAL SALES.

Edit: Sorry, all caps

Message 12 of 37
latest reply

We dont use social media although it may help.  We have sales of course and drop pricing.  The best way is just good customer service so your buyers will come back to you.  Thats how we have had good luck from time to time.  Best regards

Message 13 of 37
latest reply

@plumbingspecials wrote:

I'M NOT A RELIGIOUS PERSON BUT LATELY THE ONLY THING i CAN DO IS PRAY. EBAY HAS ALL BUT DESTROYED OUR NORMAL SALES.

Sometimes it is better to accept reality and adapt to it rather than blaming eBay for everything. 

Ask yourself this question: Will my products sell better on another platform? 

The answer is, most likely not. Possibly even worse. 

Message 14 of 37
latest reply

"I'm not a religious person but lately the only thing I can do is pray."

I was being facetious. The first part of the statement should have tipped you off. I said NOTHING about going to another venue.
Message 15 of 37
latest reply