Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disgusted with eBay

After 22 years, I am thru with eBay.. cwopsam

Message 1 of 186
latest reply
185 REPLIES 185

disgusted with eBay

Yes...I can...about a week ago I see a penny from ebay deposited into my account...now I keep getting messages they are having trouble putting the money from my sale into that same account...there you go "premeditated glitch"

Good Luck To all!!

Message 76 of 186
latest reply

disgusted with eBay

Sorry, no way not this time...

I do respectfully wish you much luck and continued success here.

Carry on...

Message 77 of 186
latest reply

disgusted with eBay

@moparfan2010 wrote:

I am right there with you...just had a bad experience myself...ebay sided with the buyer as well AND took the money right out of my account and gave it back to the "buyer"  Now managed payment larcany.

Good Luck!!

Without more details, just the overview statement you made isn't enough to know or figure out if Ebay was in the wrong.  Simply because they forced the refund to the buyer doesn't mean that Ebay was wrong.  I'm not at all saying you did something wrong either.  I'm simply saying without details none of us can accurately know who may have been at fault.

And are you sure the buyer was refunded or is the claim still being processed.  In MP they do put a hold on the money while the claim is being processed.

@moparfan2010 

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 78 of 186
latest reply

disgusted with eBay

@marie185antiques wrote:

Yes.  When I tried to refund s buyer this message kept coming up, " you cannot perform this function at this time".  I tried several times to contact e-bay  until I was given a 'default' for not refunding my buyer in time and they had to step in.   Then they added an additional 5% to ALL my sales.  No one can convince me that this is not one of their premeditated  scams to generate more $$$$. so please don't bother.  Desperation at its best!

One claim does NOT do this to your account.  If it was the Service Metrics that initiated the 5% penalty, then you had 9 others in the same category as you must have a minimum of 10 in one category before you are even compared to your peers.  Then if you are higher than your peers, you are kicked into the penalty fees.

If it is due to defects that you see on your Seller Dashboard, again that didn't happen due to one claim either.  You can view your dashboard and find the area they say you are too high in and if you click on the down arrow on the right side you can get more details and even a report on the transactions that caused your issue.

@marie185antiques 

Message 79 of 186
latest reply

disgusted with eBay

@marie185antiques wrote:

Yes, I was 'invited' to join MP by the 15th of September and did not, nor do I have any intentions of joining now.  I have a yearly subscription that ends next month.  When I declined their 'invitation' I was no longer allowed to list any new items or revise any current ones (which I was fully aware of).  I presently have over 200 listings that I am deleting as they become due.  If you let them relist as part of your store quota, you will incur additional charges at the end of your lease.  Prior to refusing to join MP I sold between 25-35 items a month.  Since declining to join this dropped down to 3-4 a month.  I guess I am being punished tor not obeying their demands.  This is NOT a coincidence or the result of Covid, loss of jobs, etc. etc.  It is purely control......non-visibility of items.

Be very careful of closing your store/site early as there definitely are penalties involved.

Not if you are within your free listing allotment for your store level.  Or once your store subscription is over and if you don't go to a month to month you will have a couple hundred free listings monthly to work with.

Your drop in sales has nothing to do with MP and everything to do with what you previously posted about being in the penalty fees.  That drops you in the search returns significantly.

Message 80 of 186
latest reply

disgusted with eBay

I sold an item (book) and the buyer asked if they bought another item at the same time would I combine shipping?  Of course I said yes, most sellers do, its only fair and helps the buyer. 

Well the buyer receives the item and notifies me some pages are missing, and they want to return the item with the missing pages.  I agreed and okayed the return.  Once item gets back to me I refund the purchase price of the item in full.  Then the buyer complains that he is missing the entire amount of the shipping cost.  I offer to refund partial shipping as they got mutiple items... they tell me, well I'll just return the other item too...I said NO. So I notified ebay (they did nothing of course) and the buyer has ebay step in.  They refund the buyer the ENTIRE amount of shipping taking it right out of my account...not even considering the buyer got multiple items.  Does this description of the encounter help.

Message 81 of 186
latest reply

disgusted with eBay

@moparfan2010 wrote:

Yes, they will do to you what they did to me.  They switch payment receipt choice in your listings from paypal to magaged payments...the square becomes checked and light grey color and you cannot change or choose anything else.  I checked my last sale and the customer said they paid through paypal which was great, but ebay intercepts the money, takes ALL THEIR FEES, then you hold out your hand for the left over crumbs.  Shipped more than a week ago because ebay said I was paid...didn't want to hurt a good customer so basically ebay got paid for my hard work and efforts....I get 5 stars, ebay gets my money...

Good Luck!!!

If you aren't pricing your items with enough room for fees, that is not Ebay's fault that is your job.  Ebay's fees in MP are not an increase to overall fees for most sellers.  It is pretty neutral.  So if you are having problems now covering fees, you had a problem before MP as well.

As for as shipping, if you are using Ebay's label program, you have a choice when you are in MP to have the shipping costs funded through your MP account or you can pay using PP if you want.  Seller's choice.  So there is no need to be coming out of pocket for shipping if you use Ebay's label system.

MP Funding a Label.JPG

Message 82 of 186
latest reply

disgusted with eBay

Please do tell.

I had listings being sold at full price and I was paid a discount of 25% off full price.

GUESS WHAT, no visibility bc I spoke out in forums.

Has anyone else had this happen???

No trust, no listings, I am gone after Christmas, 20+ years.

Ebay is going to be something that did not survive the virus.

Message 83 of 186
latest reply

disgusted with eBay

@moparfan2010 wrote:

I sold an item (book) and the buyer asked if they bought another item at the same time would I combine shipping?  Of course I said yes, most sellers do, its only fair and helps the buyer. 

Well the buyer receives the item and notifies me some pages are missing, and they want to return the item with the missing pages.  I agreed and okayed the return.  Once item gets back to me I refund the purchase price of the item in full.  Then the buyer complains that he is missing the entire amount of the shipping cost.  I offer to refund partial shipping as they got mutiple items... they tell me, well I'll just return the other item too...I said NO. So I notified ebay (they did nothing of course) and the buyer has ebay step in.  They refund the buyer the ENTIRE amount of shipping taking it right out of my account...not even considering the buyer got multiple items.  Does this description of the encounter help.

I do lots of shipments with multiple items.  And what you describe can certainly be an issue.  It is a hit I've taken myself a handful of times over the years.  While I absolutely don't agree with Ebay on this it does give you grounds to appeal it if the book really wasn't missing any pages.  We can't appeal unless Ebay steps in, which they did in this case.  So you might try that and bring up that they refunded the buyer full shipping which was an incorrect thing to do since they did not return the entire order.

I'd be upset by the outcome of this claim too.  

Message 84 of 186
latest reply

disgusted with eBay

Show me all the graphs and pictures you want...bottom line here, I used to sell, do ok, get my money right away, then, either buy more, supporting other sellers, or take the money and use it for other things...now we have to wait to be paid and ship without seeing our money...done here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Message 85 of 186
latest reply

disgusted with eBay

@moparfan2010 wrote:

Show me all the graphs and pictures you want...bottom line here, I used to sell, do ok, get my money right away, then, either buy more, supporting other sellers, or take the money and use it for other things...now we have to wait to be paid and ship without seeing our money...done here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

While your fees have structurally changes as it is called a Simplified fee in MP, the amount you are paying in fees is roughly the same.  I simply went off of what you said "...but ebay intercepts the money, takes ALL THEIR FEES, then you hold out your hand for the left over crumbs."  

Since the fee overall amount has not changed by much is why I said you would have had this problem before you went into MP too.

I get it that MP isn't like PP.  But I had not said anything to you about that.  What you have said is accurate.  MP is not as quick as PP was with money access.  Can't argue that point as it is very true.

Message 86 of 186
latest reply

disgusted with eBay

@mam98031 wrote:

@moparfan2010 wrote:

While your fees have structurally changes as it is called a Simplified fee in MP, the amount you are paying in fees is roughly the same.  I simply went off of what you said "...but ebay intercepts the money, takes ALL THEIR FEES, then you hold out your hand for the left over crumbs."  

Since the fee overall amount has not changed by much is why I said you would have had this problem before you went into MP too.

I get it that MP isn't like PP.  But I had not said anything to you about that.  What you have said is accurate.  MP is not as quick as PP was with money access.  Can't argue that point as it is very true.

Any time eBay says they "simplified" something, it means they simplified it for themselves, not anybody else. It also usually means you will be paying ebay more. Expect managed payments fees to rise to levels well above paypal's once they have everyone who is getting on board under their control.

Message 87 of 186
latest reply

disgusted with eBay

@hioctane62 wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@moparfan2010 wrote:

Any time eBay says they "simplified" something, it means they simplified it for themselves, not anybody else. It also usually means you will be paying ebay more. Expect managed payments fees to rise to levels well above paypal's once they have everyone who is getting on board under their control.

Anything is possible.  But I can't and won't base my business decision to stay or go on fear of what the future might hold. I'm moving forward with my eyes wide open.

Message 88 of 186
latest reply

disgusted with eBay

Thank You for listening and taking the time to respond.  It has been a difficult year for everyone and to have another of the things we enjoyed and depended on...in this case our sales and interactions on ebay, to be altered and apparently not for the good of the seller, just seems to make things a little harder.  A lot of us counted on our sales, and immediate payment through paypal, sometimes for gas money etc....that is the cold hard fact.

Sincerest Regards and Thanks too all who are affected by this...I wish you all well.

Message 89 of 186
latest reply

disgusted with eBay

I recently read on this board that a seller closed her store and was charged $400 in fees.  The reply to her was that 'she did not close her store correctly'.  You have got to be kidding.

I pay a monthly store fee to have my listing shown, not hidden, from buyers.  This scenario would be similar to a B&M landlord taking the rent and not allowing access to your store or your merchandise.

I would never be foolish enough to join MP......it is a total scam.

Message 90 of 186
latest reply