Selling
Looking for something new to sell? Find out how to sell and connect with other members for advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

ASK ME ABOUT: Product Research (formerly known as Terapeak)

Hello Everyone, We're thrilled to announce the launch of our brand-new interactive series, which is set to take the place of our former "Monthly Chat with eBay Staff" program. This series is designed to bring you closer to the heart of eBay's operati...

Removing a misspelled/mistyped Available Option Choice

Hi @wooden_flower, Regarding this conversation of yours excerpted from yesterday's Weekly Chat: > My issue - sometimes I type the 2nd letter before letting> up on the shift - so I get BLue instead of Blue. If I> remove the offending option from the '...

Final Valuation Fees on Book Sales + Shipping

Hi everyone. I usually don't look at all the fee updates and invoices, but since sales has been so slow with only a couple of sales a month, I decided to have a look at my last invoice. It did not match my assumption that I would be paying 10% on fin...

Automatic Relistings for Auction Items

Ive been a seller for over a year now and have up to 500 autions monthly. Now that I've built my store, it appears the option to automatically relist my auction item up to 8 times has been removed. I called Ebay and after a very long and painful disc...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Unauthorized Transaction

Hi all, just looking for some advice, or even opinions on this. I sold an item, and shipped the same day. The next day I get a notice from ebay that the transaction was unauthorized and it has been cancelled. I was told not to complete the transactio...

eBay Payment Processing and Taxes

One of my concerns during the roll out of this new in-house eBay Payment Processing in the latter part of this year is how IRS 1099 forms will be handled. Paypal currently generates 1099's for sellers to use when filing federal taxes and provides tha...

User avatar by Rockstar
  • 12 replies
  • 1 helpful

Views but no sales

Hi,I recently joined ebay to sell my vintage clothing (i'm pregnant so trying to make some extra money) I have views on my items but no one seems to be buying. I've sold a couple of items but i'm worried I won't sell the others. I feel my prices are ...

Service Metrics Very High. Time to move

Ranting Warning! Finally hit very high on services metrics today even though return rate is less than 5%. Since more than half of my stuff is less than 5 lb, migrating to other fix shipping rate platform actually helps me cutting down cost. The logic...

Resolved! Why can't I change a fixed price listing to an auction listing?

The title says it all. I have some 30-day fixed priced listings that I would like to change to auction listings. When I try to revise the listing and edit that part of the form, it does not let me edit it. Why?

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 13 replies
  • 1 helpful

changing fixed price to auction on active listing

ANOTHER IMPROVEMENT BY EBAY! I am being sarcastic. Why Why Why is it impossible to change an active fixed price listing to an auction listing? It's my listing. I could always do it before. Now I have to go through therigamarole of closing or cancelin...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Random dead periods

Hey there! Just wanted to see if anyone was dealing with a similar problem or had in the past. It happened the first week in August and now it’s happening now, I go through 10 day stretches with no sales and barely any views at all. But outside those...

EBAY ONE-TIME PAYMENT PROBLEM SOLVED

Since they changed to a 'new and improved' system I have not been able to use the One-Time Payment option because the click-on at the lower right side would not function when I clicked on it. I mainly use Internet Explorer for Ebay but in the past ye...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 2 replies
  • 1 helpful

Questions on "promoted listings"

I have see the promoted listings option for a long while, and decided to opt in some of my items... but I'm not sure what it does. Is this the same as those sponsored listings I see when doing Ebay searches? I'm assuming not, because when I search fo...

Re-listing-----I thought that only GTC listings were automatically renewed after 30 days

Re-listing-----I thought that only GTC listings were automatically renewed after 30 days but I had several auction listings that include BIN re-list automatically overnight. I have been changing listings wherever possible to auction format to avoid t...

Buyer lost on ebay Return... turned to Paypal and won

A buyer asked to cancel a purchase days after he bought it. I told him it was already in transit and he got upset. He files a false SNAD return that automatically got accepted (my settings). He apparently re-wraps the package and returns it to USPS a...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors