cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your offer price is too large

Is anyone else getting this message when trying to send an offer?, Not quite sure what to make of it?, & I can't send the offer, It is happening on about 30 items that were previously on markdown manager, If that has anything to do with it?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

There is a minimum % for best offers.......have to be 5% less than the buy it now price for less than $200 item, I think it is........

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Wait, what?  Aren't you the guy who finds sending offers insulting?

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

You did not pay attention to that first post at all, You just jumped on farmall's bandwagon, I do send offers, That one insulted me because I was one of only a handful of the same item & mine was already a lower price than the other's & mine was brand new & the others are used, It pays to pay attention to the whole post & what it is about.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Best answer was a mistake, That's the second time Today that happened, I do know that 5% is the minimum, I was actually offering more & those are the result's I'm getting.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

If they are still on markdown, the offer has to be at least 5% lower than the markdown price.

If the markdown ended, how long ago did it end? There's a note on promotions manager when creating a sale that you should allow at least a couple hours between when one sale ends and another begins. I think it has to do with listings re-indexing. So if the markdown just ended, maybe wait a few hours and try again.

If none of that answers the question, then we'll need more details, like what's the current price and what offer price are you trying to send?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@meme6253 wrote:

Best answer was a mistake, That's the second time Today that happened, I do know that 5% is the minimum, I was actually offering more & those are the result's I'm getting.

then just use the dropdown arrow, and select to uncheck it as "best answer" when that mysteriously happens. 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

My markdown manager ended 2 days ago, A for instance I have an item that I currently am asking $29.98 & I send an 8% off, But I Get a red box stating your offer price is too large

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

"Wait, what?  Aren't you the guy who finds sending offers insulting?"

No.
He's the guy that finds some offers insulting.
Big difference.
I read his original post and could understand what he meant.
But "reading comprehension" isn't everyone's strong suit, is it?

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Are you sure you have the percentage box selected and not the offer amount?

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Thank You!

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Yes I used the % Box

Message 12 of 12
latest reply