cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong issued 1099 K on my name. Not on LLC

Got wrong issued 1099 K on my name. Not on my LLC. Nothing was changed last 3 years in account. Customer Service Representative  said that it was bug. But no timeframe when it gonna be fixed. AMAZING. I'm requesting URGENT manually correction ! 

Message 1 of 120
latest reply
119 REPLIES 119

Re: Wrong issued 1099 K on my name. Not on LLC

anybody recently got a confirmation email after w9 submissions by email? it has been 9 days after submission, no confirmation. 

Message 106 of 120
latest reply

anybody recently got a confirmation email after w9 submissions by email? it has been 9 days after submission, no confirmation. 

At this point I cannot understand why sellers are still bumbling around with eBay rather than calling the IRS. The first time I had an issue with the 1099 multiple calls to eBay resolved nothing. One call to the IRS and 2 days later the correction was completed. 

Message 107 of 120
latest reply

What number did you call and how did you go about getting it fixed?

Message 108 of 120
latest reply

What number did you call and how did you go about getting it fixed?

I called the 800-829-1040 number but it's been 2 years since I had my issue. If the IRS agents at the 800 number cannot solve your problem they should be able to point you in the right direction. 

Message 109 of 120
latest reply

Just an update.  In fact, I found the corrected form showed up in my account. In the new form, "Corrected" is marked, EIN and company address were used. 

Message 110 of 120
latest reply

Just an update.  In fact, I found the corrected form showed up in my account. In the new form, "Corrected" is marked, EIN and company address were used. 

Great to hear. 

Message 111 of 120
latest reply

That's great to hear! Were you able to get the Account Type changed from Sole proprietor/Single-member LLC to a Corporation? They still haven't changed that on my account even though they did correct the 1099k. I do not want this same thing happening next year.

Message 112 of 120
latest reply

Was there some sort of notice? Or you just redownloaded?

I emailed my W-9 3 days ago

Message 113 of 120
latest reply

My form got corrected yesterday and got a notice today. The notice had a title of "W-9 Received - Correction Complete SR#xxxxx".

Message 114 of 120
latest reply

Did you ever get an email from eBay stating they received your W9?  I’m on day 5 after emailing and have not gotten any response.  I’ve called ebay numerous times and they just keep saying it is delayed and has not been processed yet.  

Message 115 of 120
latest reply

n. I did not get an email confirming the delivery of W9.    After ~9 days submission, got the email confirming that a correction has been done.

Message 116 of 120
latest reply

Hi. Can you explain me how did you did this? How can i make ebay change my 1099k under the llc ein and not under my social security number please i need you help

Message 117 of 120
latest reply

This is a widespread issue, I didn't catch it until this year when they kept denying my W9 under the business EIN. I then went and looked at last year's 1099-K it was under my name and SSN. I still reported the revenue under my business gross receipts. EBay just sent me a W9 correction form in the mail. This should be easier for many companies and single-member LLCs to sell on eBay. 

Message 118 of 120
latest reply

That is bad info from eBay. Single member LLCs should have it listed under the LLC Name & EIN.

Message 119 of 120
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 120 of 120
latest reply