cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong issued 1099 K on my name. Not on LLC

Got wrong issued 1099 K on my name. Not on my LLC. Nothing was changed last 3 years in account. Customer Service Representative  said that it was bug. But no timeframe when it gonna be fixed. AMAZING. I'm requesting URGENT manually correction ! 

Message 1 of 120
latest reply
119 REPLIES 119

Was last year's Form 1099-K issued for your LLC?

A taxpayer does not need to have a Form 1099-K in hand to file their tax returns. You may use your own records to complete all the form necessary for filing.

Message 2 of 120
latest reply

Of course last 3 years 1099K's was issued on my LLC. And 1099-K goes to IRS. 

Message 3 of 120
latest reply

Good luck.

Message 4 of 120
latest reply

Yeah, that's a headache with the IRS expecting you to report that income as an individual instead of reporting through your LLC. If history is any indication, eBay hasn't sent the forms to the IRS yet so hopefully you'll get this fixed before that happens.

Last year there were a lot of issues with 1099s and while the widespread issues were eventually sorted, I think it took about a month? eBay wasn't really acknowledging the issues or providing updates, they just kept referring us to CS and CS often didn't understand the problem.

Good luck with this, and keep us posted when you're able to get a resolution.

GLORIOUS!

March shipping tip: Size matters. Enter accurate package dimensions on the listing form and the shipping label.
Message 5 of 120
latest reply

Does your llc have a employer id? Is your llc a disregarded entity filed as a schedule c or do you file that as a corp? 

Message 6 of 120
latest reply

Excerpts from the IRS webpage entitled Understanding Your Form 1099-K.

Do any of these statements apply to the Form(s) 1099-K you received?

• The payee Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) is incorrect

If so, consider the following:

• If there is an error on the form, request a corrected Form 1099-K from the PSE. Keep a copy of any corrected Form 1099-K you receive with your records as well as any correspondence with the PSE.

If you report your business income on a Form 1120, 1120S or 1065 and you receive a Form 1099-K in your name as an individual (showing your social security number), contact the PSE listed on the Form 1099-K to request a corrected Form 1099-K showing the business's TIN. In addition, request that the PSE use the business's TIN on all future Forms 1099-K. Report the income from the Form 1099-K along with any other sources of income on the appropriate income tax return. Retain all correspondence with the PSE to show that this error was corrected.

Message 7 of 120
latest reply

Hello. I have the same problem. eBay send 1099k to the sole shareholder's SSN, not the company's EIN (S crop).  I contacted eBay last night and it told me they will put a request to update my EIN and send a new 1099K under the EIN.  Are you a single member LLC?

Message 8 of 120
latest reply

Yes. Looks like I'm not alone ) 

Message 9 of 120
latest reply

I have the identical problem. How did you contact eBay, if you don't mind sharing?

Message 10 of 120
latest reply

First through chat. After chat, called them. 

Message 11 of 120
latest reply

I assume call the number on the 1099-K. Okay, I'll give it a shot. Wish me luck.

Message 12 of 120
latest reply

I used chat, and was forwarded to another team (possibly payment team). It can put a request to update 1099

Message 13 of 120
latest reply

Same problem 

Message 14 of 120
latest reply

It went amazingly well for me. I used chat to ask that I receive a phone call, which came in less than two minutes. The CSR was extremely helpful (language was a bit of a hurdle, but that's customer service these days), and she resolved the problem in mere minutes. If all goes well, I should be able to download a CORRECTED 1099-K in several days.

Message 15 of 120
latest reply