cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won my appeal!!

On July 4th I sold an iPod Touch to a guest buyer.  The buyer received the iPod touch (along with a couple cases and a charger) a few days later and filed an “empty box “ SNAD claim.

I called eBay and got the "we give the buyer the benefit of the doubt" and "this is the risk of selling on-line" routines.  I called Paypal- no help.

I ultimately lost the case and filed an appeal.

In my appeal I referred to the User Agreement.  Hopefully, this can help others  .Here is the text of my appeal.

“I feel eBay is in violation of the eBay User Agreement. Under Section: Policy Enforcement,  it states: When a buyer or seller issue arises, we may consider the user s performance history and the specific circumstances in applying our policies. We may choose to be more lenient with policy enforcement in an effort to do the right thing for both buyers and sellers.

This buyer was a guest with -0- history and claimed the Empty Box Claim. I have 11 years on this ebay account and over 2500 feedback score. I am a Top Rated seller. When one googles "ebay buyer claims not received item empty box"

https: www.google.com/search?q=ebay+buyer+claims+not+received+item+empty+box&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8 E

You get over 500,000 hits. This is a well known scam and the buyer played it perfectly as eBay looks the other way on this. Also, your agent claimed that eBay gives the buyer the benefit of the doubt . I don t find that provision in your user agreement. Please let me know if (Buyer’s email address redacted)@hotmail.com has active eBay accounts under various user names. If so, please provide me with those user names. This is allowable under the privacy policy.”

This morning I wake up to the following e-mail from eBay:

Thank you for contacting us about case XXXXXXXXXXXX for the following item:

XXXXXXXXX - Apple iPod touch 5th Generation Space Gray (32GB) Bundle with Survivor case!

We've reviewed your concerns and have reversed the outcome of the case. Within 48 hours, we'll credit the PayPal account used to provide reimbursement for this case. If you used another payment method, please open a PayPal account with the email address we have on file. This will enable you to claim your money.

The money hit my PP account about an hour later!

Message 1 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: Won my appeal!!

E-BAY dosnt give a **bleep** about sellers its all about the buyer they can slam you after they ask to keep your product at a reduced rate!!! but when you ask for it back they threaten you and it works for them!!! No one that is decent leaves feedback only the scum that want something for nothing!!!

Message 31 of 54
latest reply

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

The "empty box, or switched item return is one of the most problematic of concerns for everyone selling here. It is an issue that I hope this company will find better solutiions for. One solution would be for the returned items have a checkpoint service provided by the company which could be a paid for service for sellers willing to participate. I am sure there are millions of sellers who would participate in a service such as this and that if ebay began doing surveys on the need/want of this service that they would get a multitude of people who would participate. The question would be, is it feasible, cost effective, and would it help the bottom line for ebay and it's sellers. Congrats on your appeal.

@shield-doctor wrote:

On July 4th I sold an iPod Touch to a guest buyer.  The buyer received the iPod touch (along with a couple cases and a charger) a few days later and filed an “empty box “ SNAD claim.

I called eBay and got the "we give the buyer the benefit of the doubt" and "this is the risk of selling on-line" routines.  I called Paypal- no help.

I ultimately lost the case and filed an appeal.

In my appeal I referred to the User Agreement.  Hopefully, this can help others  .Here is the text of my appeal.

“I feel eBay is in violation of the eBay User Agreement. Under Section: Policy Enforcement,  it states: When a buyer or seller issue arises, we may consider the user s performance history and the specific circumstances in applying our policies. We may choose to be more lenient with policy enforcement in an effort to do the right thing for both buyers and sellers.

This buyer was a guest with -0- history and claimed the Empty Box Claim. I have 11 years on this ebay account and over 2500 feedback score. I am a Top Rated seller. When one googles "ebay buyer claims not received item empty box"

https: www.google.com/search?q=ebay+buyer+claims+not+received+item+empty+box&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8 E

You get over 500,000 hits. This is a well known scam and the buyer played it perfectly as eBay looks the other way on this. Also, your agent claimed that eBay gives the buyer the benefit of the doubt . I don t find that provision in your user agreement. Please let me know if (Buyer’s email address redacted)@hotmail.com has active eBay accounts under various user names. If so, please provide me with those user names. This is allowable under the privacy policy.”

This morning I wake up to the following e-mail from eBay:

Thank you for contacting us about case XXXXXXXXXXXX for the following item:

XXXXXXXXX - Apple iPod touch 5th Generation Space Gray (32GB) Bundle with Survivor case!

We've reviewed your concerns and have reversed the outcome of the case. Within 48 hours, we'll credit the PayPal account used to provide reimbursement for this case. If you used another payment method, please open a PayPal account with the email address we have on file. This will enable you to claim your money.

The money hit my PP account about an hour later!

How would that help in any way? If they claimed you sent them an empty box, than they would just return an empty box, and that's exactly what your checkpoint service would see.

Message 32 of 54
latest reply

That would be good for people who sell expensive items.  How about you can designate what items get sent to that, return merchandise inspection center.

Message 33 of 54
latest reply

HOORAY! 

Kudos to you for finding a direct and professional response that resonated in winning the appeal. I'm happy to hear that a wonderful seller and business person received the protection they DESERVE!

Message 34 of 54
latest reply

Lucky, most of the online appeals are just done by bots. Always best to call, but seems you got through to someone. good job

Message 35 of 54
latest reply

Very good job!  I never have understood why eBay is so buyer sided on things.  It takes sellers to bring in buyers.  It takes buyers to buy from the seller.  Equal playing field to me and a persons history should and does tell a lot about the people involved.  It's not easy getting 500, 1000,1500,2500 and 50,000 100% positive rating.  That takes years and many transactions.  

Congrats im glad to hear that your research paid off!

Message 36 of 54
latest reply

Learned....Copied...Printed...Saved!

Thanks

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.
***Herman Melville***
= = = =

Rejoice always!!!
1 Thes 5:16
Message 37 of 54
latest reply

Thank you for sharing this valuable information. I am experiencing a similar problem; however, the buyer has not filed a case yet; although they have informed that they plan to. Ebay has informed me that my PP account is not available to me at this time. I am very frustrated. Instantly, Ebay initiated protection for the buyer, who lied, and has nothing to lose.
Congratulations on your win. Pray that I am so fortunate.
Message 38 of 54
latest reply

What did you do to win your appeal?
Message 39 of 54
latest reply

How long did it take for you to win your appeal? Was it complicated?
Message 40 of 54
latest reply

Didn't you insure the shipment? And if so wouldn't that cover this claim? Please let me know either way! Thank you!
Message 41 of 54
latest reply

e_auction...nice boots by the way.  But I don't think selling the empty boxes is allowed here.  I know dust bags for expensive purses isn't allowed, or empty perfume boxes etc.  It has to do with fraud/counterfeits.

Someone will probably come along and advise you, they'll know more than me.

Message 42 of 54
latest reply

PEDAL...

Well,  I read the  letter that you sent----but I do no understand how that letter  got you a refund?  Smiley Surprised  I mean it does not seem  to contain  any proof. Could it be that they just gave you what they  call  a "courtesy refund"  ?  And you got that because you are  a pretty big seller?Smiley Frustrated

Message 43 of 54
latest reply

Gee, that you so much for that bit of useless and off topic information. Get a life! Bye.
Message 44 of 54
latest reply

i was scammed in 2011 and ah wow has this got to be a lot worse since then. Just shocking how bad it is. Buyer Protection Abuse is non stop thrown on the sellers. Then if you fall below standard due to the buyer you cannot ever close the eBay account. i am out a rare antique and the buyer has been refunded along with keeping the rare antique. The buyer claimed non receipt of order. Though i have all the proof.  i have sent a fortune in faxes to eBay. i have plenty of proof of the buyer protection violation. Tracking, plus even an e-mail from the buyer confirming receipt of the order. i suppose it is called new age theft. Or Cyber theft. Well it is just wrong!

Message 45 of 54
latest reply