cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the hell is this site ALL ABOUT THE BUYERS?

We have been on Ebay for over 28 years. Ebay has become all about the buyer. They say there is protection for the sellers, THERE IS NONE! All the protection goes to the buyers! We pay on average $1500 in fees. For what? Pictures and listings? We pay for our store. Ebay sucks now. We cannot even return feedback. UGGH!

Message 1 of 134
latest reply
133 REPLIES 133

wrote:

wrote:

Another one who's been on ebay longer than its existance.

HAHAHA, yea I was thinking the same thing when I read the OP. Maybe he meant 28 dog years.

So many people claim to be on ebay far longer than it's been around. I see it all the time in this board, ever since the 1950's grin

Or it simply could be a typo.

Hit the 2 instead of the 1.

Message 16 of 134
latest reply

I would say because sellers won't keep listing and paying fees if there are no buyers here, that would be pointless.  So buyers are essential.

Just ebay and sellers would not survive long on their own.  

Message 17 of 134
latest reply

Sellers make Ebay a great place to shop--Buyers keep the money in our pockets and Ebay's.

Message 18 of 134
latest reply

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

HAHAHA, yea I was thinking the same thing when I read the OP. Maybe he meant 28 dog years.

So many people claim to be on ebay far longer than it's been around. I see it all the time in this board, ever since the 1950's grin

And the 8 instead of the 5? Not likely.

Message 19 of 134
latest reply

So many people claim to be on ebay far longer than it's been around. I see it all the time in this board, ever since the 1950's grin bigdeals.etc  unquote -------------------------------

I bet a lot of people here have been told a billion times  already  not to exxagerate so much  🙂  Tulips 

Message 20 of 134
latest reply

Ebay wants sales.

Sellers want sales.

Without buyers, you have no sales.

Message 21 of 134
latest reply

wrote:

wrote:

Some remember it when the dinosaurs roamed the earth!Smiley Very Happy

Message 22 of 134
latest reply

Over 28 years?  ummmm.....Ebay was founded 3 Sept 1995, so almost 23 years.

You have been a member since: May-23-02 in United States
The new math tells me that's 16 years.
The old math tells me that's 16 years.

You've been here long enough to know how this works, or at least you should, if you keep up with policy changes. Of COURSE any third party selling site  is going to be about the buyers. Where do you think the money comes from??  Trees? Falling from the sky?

Good grief Smiley Frustrated
The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 23 of 134
latest reply

It is about buyers irrelevant of fair business practices, and many sellers have left e-bay because of that reason. I am trying to scale back as well. E-bay now has the reputation for enabling dishonest buyers at the expense of sellers. This reputation has attracted more scam artists and opportunistic /dishonest buyers. Exploitation of sellers is very common to the point that I hate to list now because the buyers are going to exploit you with E-Bay enabling it. Seller's profits have plunged to the point it is not worth the time to sell on e-bay. Fees may not have changed but E-Bay's policies that enable sellers to get ripped off have changed. Not worth the time, and bad feelings you have when you get ripped off and E-bay enables it for diminishing profits.
Message 24 of 134
latest reply

Because the buyers make eBay. We can list all we want, but without buyers, we wouldn't get anywhere. So to create a warm and welcoming site to purchase, eBay will usually be in favor of the buyer. Sure the buyer might be wrong, but THEY may not realize that. And that word of mouth about their experience can make or break people buying here in the future.
Message 25 of 134
latest reply

wrote:

wrote:

Wow!  You've been reading this board since the 50's? Smiley Surprised

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 26 of 134
latest reply

I have to disagree that buyers make eBay. Profits make eBay and when eBay cannot make a profit eBay goes out of business. Ditto for sellers. Which is the real problem with eBay now. Sellers can't make profits if they are ripped off at the frequency eBay continues to enable so sellers are stopping listings on eBay and closing eBay stores.
Message 27 of 134
latest reply

wrote:
It is about buyers irrelevant of fair business practices, and many sellers have left e-bay because of that reason. I am trying to scale back as well. E-bay now has the reputation for enabling dishonest buyers at the expense of sellers. This reputation has attracted more scam artists and opportunistic /dishonest buyers. Exploitation of sellers is very common to the point that I hate to list now because the buyers are going to exploit you with E-Bay enabling it. Seller's profits have plunged to the point it is not worth the time to sell on e-bay. Fees may not have changed but E-Bay's policies that enable sellers to get ripped off have changed. Not worth the time, and bad feelings you have when you get ripped off and E-bay enables it for diminishing profits.

All 3rd venue selling sites  have problems - people keep retelling the same rhetoric they've heard for years without investigating other venues. If you don't have a means of quality control for returned items - which no 3rd party venue has - then yes you are going to get dishonest buyers. On the same note - you also have dishonest sellers who don't send the merchandise that was described in the listing and instead of returning it - the buyer doesn't come back. So it's a 2 way street.

Sellers profits have plunged because of increased postal costs ad the increase across the net of online stores and 3rd party venues. Things that were considered "rare" 20 yrs ago - really isn't rare - many household had them - but they didn't have the access to sell them on a national level. Fees are low here compared to some sites so each seller have to evaluate what they sell as well as their purchase cost to see if it's worthwhile to sell here. Some sellers have had to switch to a whole different category with new inventory.

It's not easy like the old days - you have to put some work and effort into it and that is why many low level sellers are complaining - they just want to list it - leave it and have it sell in 24 hrs.

Message 28 of 134
latest reply

wrote:

Over 28 years?  ummmm.....Ebay was founded 3 Sept 1995, so almost 23 years.

You have been a member since: May-23-02 in United States

The ID you can see.  There could have been another previous.  There could be another started earlier.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 29 of 134
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

wrote:

And the 8 instead of the 5? Not likely.

2 for 1 would make it 18.  'Over 18 years' would make it sometime before 2000 which is possible.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 30 of 134
latest reply