cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the hell is this site ALL ABOUT THE BUYERS?

We have been on Ebay for over 28 years. Ebay has become all about the buyer. They say there is protection for the sellers, THERE IS NONE! All the protection goes to the buyers! We pay on average $1500 in fees. For what? Pictures and listings? We pay for our store. Ebay sucks now. We cannot even return feedback. UGGH!

Message 1 of 134
latest reply
133 REPLIES 133

@jamesboutique wrote:

We pay on average $1500 in fees. For what? Pictures and listings?

Essentially ..... yes.    You pay for space to post advertisements for items.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 2 of 134
latest reply

Your replies to FB ......

Yumpin' Yimminee!!

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 3 of 134
latest reply

Another one who's been on ebay longer than its existance.

Message 4 of 134
latest reply

wrote:

We have been on Ebay for over 28 years. Ebay has become all about the buyer. They say there is protection for the sellers, THERE IS NONE! All the protection goes to the buyers! We pay on average $1500 in fees. For what? Pictures and listings? We pay for our store. Ebay sucks now. We cannot even return feedback. UGGH!

jamesboutique,

Here's a < bleeping > CLUE:

This site is NOT "ALL ABOUT THE BUYERS"; it's ALL ABOUT THE BUYERS' MONEY.

Sellers lists THEIR STUFF on this site for sale in exchange for the BUYERS' MONEY.

Buyers bring THEIR MONEY to this site to spend by buying STUFF.

eBay wants to grab as big a share of that BUYER MONEY as it can (FROM the SELLERS).

WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Godzilla_Goose

Message 5 of 134
latest reply

Nice to see you again, Goose.

And well said.

It is not about the seller or the buyer.

It is about from whom ebay can make the most money off of.

Message 6 of 134
latest reply

For the same reason people rob banks - because that's where the money is.

Message 7 of 134
latest reply

wrote:

@jamesboutique wrote:

We pay on average $1500 in fees. For what? Pictures and listings?

Essentially ..... yes.    You pay for space to post advertisements for items.

Yep - make me wonder the last time anybody listed an ad in a real newspaper to sell a car or advertise a yard sale.  IT COSTS MONEY TO PUT THE AD OUT THERE.  That is what you are doing here.

Message 8 of 134
latest reply

wrote:

Your replies to FB ......

Yumpin' Yimminee!!

Anger management comes to mind

Message 9 of 134
latest reply

Ebay was founded in 95 and was first named Auction Web. It was renamed to Ebay in 1997 - so not sure where you were selling since 1990.

Most stores cater to the customers as they want a repeat buyer. Now I'm not happy with all the policies we have here - but I choose to sell here as do you - so we accept those policies to continue doing bisiness here.

Have to say tho - I would never purchase one of your expensive items knowing I may not be able to return it for fit or remorse since all clothing fits differently.

Message 10 of 134
latest reply

The way I see it, I could rent a brick and motar place for $1500 a month (or more plus utilites, etc.) or pay Ebay their fees. This way, I can work from the comfort of my home vs. dealing with the public face to face.  My fees are generally under $100 each month and I'm OK with that.  

Message 11 of 134
latest reply

JAMES..

Yes,  Ebay is now much more interested in  keeping  buyers happy---than in keeping sellers happy.  I  believe  the main reason  for that is sellers now outweigh buyers  by  a  big margin.     And I think  that Ebay is having trouble   keeeping the  long-time  buyers they have.   And in  attracting new buyers  to  this  Site. 

On the other hand,  Ebay does  seemsto be doing some other  things  that are alienating buyers.   Such as   protecting more  and more Chinese sellers  who  frequently give  bad  service   to  American  buyers.    And by promoting their GSP program  that  has driven  many International  buyers  away.  

It is   hard to  see  hard  to  see whether the  people  running Ebay actually have any sensible Long Range Strategy in place---or not.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 12 of 134
latest reply

Garment: I believe that you are correct and that long-time buyers have left or are leaving ebay. Over seventeen years, I've seen good buyers drop away, and who knows for what reasons? Since my merchandise and performance are superior to those of the "old days", I assume that it is not my doing.
Message 13 of 134
latest reply

wrote:

HAHAHA, yea I was thinking the same thing when I read the OP. Maybe he meant 28 dog years.

So many people claim to be on ebay far longer than it's been around. I see it all the time in this board, ever since the 1950's grin

Message 14 of 134
latest reply

wrote:

Coulda been a typo? Or maybe, like Al Gore and the Internet, they invented the concept... Nah. I got nothin'. Smiley LOL

Belle
Message 15 of 134
latest reply