cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I get these anoying messages trying to log in?

I keep getting locked out and get this message.

Pardon Our Interruption...

As you were browsing eBay, something about your browser made us think you were a bot. There are a few reasons this might happen:

• You're a power user moving through this website with super-human speed.
  • You've disabled JavaScript in your web browser.
  • A third-party browser plugin, such as Ghostery or NoScript, is preventing JavaScript from running.
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Why do I get these anoying messages trying to log in?

Ebay is messing around with the servers. I'm guessing they broke a few things. Hopefully things will smooth out soon.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@jscar59 

There is a site-wide tech ticket. Anybody running into this can contact CS and ask them to add your account to Alert 14917

https://www.ebay.com/help/contact_us?id=4002&st=10

I'm also going to copy/paste @eburtonlab 's great advice (why reinvent the wheel):

If you are still experiencing this, try a different browser or try using a different link to reach or sign in to eBay, such as going through your community profile page to reach your feedback page on eBay.

@robbie31415 

All the stuff not working right now is separate from the above issue which has been ongoing for a week or two.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I think there is connection to today's events.

The message has much higher frequency and many more people seem to be getting it.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I don't get the message the OP gets, but I have had to re-log into my account a lot lately.  For about the last two weeks or so.  All is fine after I log in, no issues. But I agree it is annoying.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@robbie31415 wrote:

I think there is connection to today's events.

The message has much higher frequency and many more people seem to be getting it.

The "pardon" message posted above that mentions a "bot" has been ongoing.

The new problem of repeated log in prompts doesn't produce that message and the continuous logins are resulting in security email alerts saying a new device has logged in.

Both issues are occurring at the same time, but I'm not convinced they're connected unless maybe eBay was trying to fix the first issue and ran into a new problem.

I encourage anyone facing the pardon/bot message to contact CS and get added to the ticket.

The newer issue we'll probably see fixed soon once eBay rolls back whatever code release caused the site to go haywire. There was a recent eBay podcast where someone discussed this type of situation in limited detail if you're interested.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply