cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did they screw Purchase History now???

eBay strikes again - now they "redesigned" (basically, screwed - as usual) Purchase History page, and it's no longer showing tracking numbers of the shipped items.  And of course, it has those annoying ridiculous nagging messages from eBay, too much white space and too little real info. When are they going to stop with this stupidity of removing useful information and adding things that nobody wants???

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Another-Change-line-graph-says-shipped-tracking-doesn-t-show/m...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/What-the-heck-is-happening-w-this-website-all-tracking-numbers...

Tracking numbers are there.  In the middle you see a line graph.  Go to the right and you will see a blue bar that says TRACK SHIPMENT.  Click on that and you see the tracking form as you are used to seeing it

Re: What the heck is happening w/this website, all tracking numbers not showing for purchases! End b
in reply to 03-08-2019 09:20:24 AM
brian.t@ebay
Last Edited 03-08-2019 09:21:26 AM
@1butters wrote:

What the heck is happening w/this website, all tracking numbers not showing for purchases!  Woke up to see next problem on here!

Got my own solution:  Just don't buy on here any more!

Hi @1butters, I show that the items you've purchased and have been shipped do have tracking. The information @castlemagicmemories shared is correct. In the upper right above each order you'll see a blue "Track Shipment" button (as shown in the screenshot below). Clicking that button will show you the full tracking details. 

Track Shipment.JPG

If any members response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and one member's response resolved your question, please click 'Accept as Solution.' More on Accepted Solutions.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Why do I need to do 2 extra clicks now  and open a separate window, when before I didn't need to do anything and had all info in front of me??? No wonder buyers and sellers are leaving in droves, the site is becoming simply unusable.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I don't know what two extra clicks you are making.  It works the same way the old line item tracking number works.  You would click on the number and there was the tracking.  You click on the blue bar that says TRACK THIS SHIPMENT and there it is.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

It was alot easier to use the old purchase history page. Less clicking for information. No reading that sentence over and over again to find out who left feedback...

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Hi Castle, again that screen shot you posted with the large TRACK SHIPMENT button does not show all the time, sometimes you have to CLICK on the "I WOULD LIKE TO" box and click the TRACK ITEM or View Tracking info from that drop down menu. And as I posted about on another thread there is a New Purchase of mine that ONLY has the Big Blue Bar at top with SHIPPED marked but NO OTHER place to ACTUALLY TRACK the Shipment. There is NO Big Blue Track Shipment Button and in the "I Would Like To Drop Down Menu" there IS NO TRACK SHIPMENT BUTTON.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Castle it's 2 clicks if you have to access the tracking through the I WOULD LIKE TO BOX. Click the box then click the drop down TRACK SHIPMENT, That's IF it is even there. Just my experience

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

The other thing I don't like is that I often buy multiple items to be shipped combined from the same seller.  Old form used the show all the items to be shipped in that one order.  New form shows them all separately so I don't know what I'm getting in the combined order and it doesn't show the combined shipping for the ONE order, just separate shipping charges for each.  Just not well thought out.  I guess I'll get used to it. 

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Mine matches the screen shot that Brian posted.  Sorry!  I don't have any more clicks than I did before.  It just is presented somewhat differently.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

why does ebay keep doing this? I have to click "I'd like to" to see tracking and since tracking is so far down on the list, I have to scroll down as well.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@ekmadonna 

I checked mine again.   I would like to do is directly under the track this shipment bar.  

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Too many employees with not enough "real work" to do!

So they tinker with stuff to justify their job.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Two clicks to leave feedback......no likee.
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

HI everyone,

There is another way to see the older history page design.

Go to your summary and scroll all the way down to "Orders" and you will see the old format with all of it's more user friendly features still in tact.

I believe that ebay is doing this to appeal to mobile users but if you are a larger buyer or seller you need a pc/laptop.  Just can't do it on a phone or tablet which this new design is based upon.  I looked at this on a phone and it's still awful & confusing.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Thanks I didn't know it was still there. Takes longer because I have to scroll through my watchlist first but at least I don't have to use the new version anymore.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply