cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I look at the items that I sold on e-bay anymore?

I am disabled and I use my older sales to copy & paste new sales for that same item. In other words, I purchase items that I sold months ago on e-bay, and I want to re-list them without all the hassle of re-typing up a new description & taking multiple photos. When did they let e-bay sellers know about this change? I wish they wouldn't keep changing things every other day. It actually used to be fun selling on e-bay.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Why can't I look at the items that I sold on e-bay anymore?

Old items are purged about 90 days after being sold/unlisted. 

It's been like that for years and years, so that isn't a recent change.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I think they let eBay sellers know about this change about 30 years ago.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I used to look up sales from a year ago and was able to use them to copy & paste the description & photos. I did that many times up until 2023. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I can see mine so I don't know why you can't see  yours. Filter your items as sold. Also save sold items as drafts for easy access. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@az93 wrote:

I can see mine so I don't know why you can't see  yours. Filter your items as sold. Also save sold items as drafts for easy access. 

@az93   I can "see" sold transactions from up to 2 yrs ago........but I cannot "open" the listings to get descriptions, etc. prior to Oct, 2023.......

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Used to be "just 90 days" as of a couple/three? years ago. 

It changed to being able to see 'orders' up to 2 years ago with the advent of the Seller Hub, 3?? years ago but you cannot 'click an item sold' to see any info beyond the picture and title past 90 days. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

Used to be "just 90 days" as of a couple/three? years ago.  

Yes, I would say that it was maybe a couple/three years ago (it's always longer than you think 😉) that they tightened up their retention policies and now will actively dump listings that are older than 90 days. 

Prior to that, there was no obvious rhyme or reason to how long old listings could be retrieved, but I can definitely state that I could reach back years and still bring up an old listing of mine for reuse, although the photos in older listings were usually deleted. Everything else would still be there and retrievable/relistable.

Nowadays the plug is definitely pulled at the 90-day mark. One alternative I can suggest (and which I rely on when trying to make a new listing for something that I only list occasionally) is to look up your old listing on Worthpoint. Search for any distinctive portion of your listing title, scan the results that come back, and you may find one or more of your old listings. Set up your new listing here, copy and paste as needed out of Worthpoint's archived copy of your old listing, and off you go.

P.S. You do not need a Worthpoint subscription to scroll listings; they only conceal the sale details from non-subscribers, and since you're simply retrieving their copy of your old listing, you already know what it sold for. 😁

Message 8 of 8
latest reply