cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who are chinese sellers really?

Ever ask yourself: Who are chinese sellers really?

You see them all over ebay. 

In many cases they have multiple accounts with tens of thousands of feedbacks (seemingly impossible for an individual seller to attain in even just a year or two).  These accounts if you look closely all have the same identical items and photos too. Seems a little strange right?

Ever wonder if EBAY just buys freight cars and warehouses in China full of cheap chinese junk then creates fake seller accounts or dropship accounts that are actually run by ebay themselves? I am really starting to wonder if thats the case.

If so (and I am not certain) wouldnt that be giving those sellers an unfair advantage (in both feedbacks and listings) if they can make such accounts with false feedbacks?

Message 1 of 98
latest reply
97 REPLIES 97

Re: Who are chinese sellers really?

I have no idea.

I suspect they are not individual Chinese who have sourced local product, stacked it in their spare bedroom, and are writing listings and mailing the stuff out. 

I suspect it works more like a telemarketing boiler room.  Someone with a warehouse of Chinese goods in China (or maybe even a manufacturing facility) gives Chinese people an account and access to a batch of stock photos, and has them list stuff they've never seen in exchange for a small percentage of sales or a minimal hourly wage.  Being a communist country, it's entirely possible the boiler room is overseen or operated by or subsidized by the Chinese government. 

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 2 of 98
latest reply

I suspect Ted is probably most correct. However, I don't see them as any different than any other seller on here.
Message 3 of 98
latest reply

I do. They have shipping prices we cannot compete with. They killed me in Lapis Lazuli, 99c with free shipping. They have saturated the categories in crystals to the point you can't get near it. As long as they have a shipping advantage, they are different. We cannot compete with their shipping. Period.
Message 4 of 98
latest reply

Better to start selling unique one off collectible items like I do, old letters, old coins and old stamps. You won't have any competition then where by the item is unique and more than one person wants it you can do quiet well. Postage is cheap to. I mail worldwide $3. Small items.

Message 5 of 98
latest reply

They are way way different in that they pay .30 cents postage when we pay $7-15 postage for the same items domestic shipping. To say nothing of global shipping.

Message 6 of 98
latest reply

@ifyouloveit wrote:
I do. They have shipping prices we cannot compete with. They killed me in Lapis Lazuli, 99c with free shipping. They have saturated the categories in crystals to the point you can't get near it. As long as they have a shipping advantage, they are different. We cannot compete with their shipping. Period.

Yes, ebay brokered a biased rigged deal with the USPS and China Post to give a favored and competitive advantage to Chinese ebay sellers. Ebay, in effect, aids and sponsors the Chinese above all. I believe ebay sees the Chinese sellers as the future of ebay. It's my opinion that ebay's favoritism of Chinese sellers will actually be the downfall of ebay.

Tri-Lateral Shipping Alliance Signed with eBay GC and China Post

https://about.usps.com/news/national-releases/2010/pr10_058.htm

Message 7 of 98
latest reply

How can the sell a item for 6 cents and free shipping.  How is this possible?  It makes no sence to us and we see it all day every day.  We seen a lot of beads go for 1 cent and free shipping.  This is amazing to us .  There has some kind of cheating going on.  You may be on to something because it does not add up.  Best regards

Message 8 of 98
latest reply

@paulie_58 wrote:

They are way way different in that they pay .30 cents postage when we pay $7-15 postage for the same items domestic shipping. To say nothing of global shipping.

The lowest epacket is a white envelope which costs 0.74 yen = .67 cents USD.  Additionally they can not have any packages over 4.4 lbs and use this service. 

Here is a screenshot of the current rates

aaaaa china post rates.jpg

Good Luck Selling! 

Message 9 of 98
latest reply

Ebay has become China's Low junk dumping ground. For the junkiest of junk. They're unloading it all on here. The dollar store type of the internet. I also think they are smarter then we are. Because they list under many id's so they get seen?

Message 10 of 98
latest reply

And given their sheer volume, no way in h-ll do I believe they're paying as we do for those listings.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 11 of 98
latest reply

That is not true either.  Asians have flooded the coin market with counterfeit items that either say 'copy' on them or they don't.   Just because you think you have a special 'unique' item doesn't mean someone hasn't found a way to make a copy that looks exactly the same . . . even the same weight!    I wouldn't buy a Gold Panda for that very reason.   Who's to know if the Panda coin is a copy or the real deal?    And if you buy only a coin certified by PCGS, they too have said that there have been counterfeit PCGS slabs.    

The problem with the Chinese sellers is that their shipping cost is nothing compared to that in the United States.  I compare it to the Drug prices in the United States that are highly inflated compared to buying the same brand name in Mexico, Canada or Europe. 

I have been trying to sell some unique crystal rocks on EBay.   Here's the problem.   Shipping for One Mineral Rock that is slightly over 1 pound is about $8-$10 to anywhere in the United States.   That means in order for me to make any money on an item that cost me $10 to obtain, requires me to list the item above $20 (with free shipping).   Who wants to pay $20+ for a Rock that can be obtained for $10?      But that's only half the equation.   The Chinese market . . .. whereas they can offer the same for 'free' shipping can offer that same or similar rock for $10.   Who gets the deal?   The Chinese.   

My question for those Chinese sellers is exactly what is their 'cost' of goods?    For instance those crystal obelisks . . . you know they would cost double or triple if sold in the United States.    What type of pillaging of crystal mines in going on in China to offer such things at cheap prices?       The other issue is that it could be that some of this cheap crystal could very well be nicely made glass.   But I don't know if it's worth it to make countefeit crystal obelisks if you can get the real thing for cheap and sell it legally on EBay.     It's just that there's a lot of stuff coming from "china" that had to be mined somewhere.  

Message 12 of 98
latest reply

Well, wally and others are really big sellers of Chinese made items.  From whom do they buy?  Or do they run the factories?

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 13 of 98
latest reply

Hi Lewisburggold.

On the China end, small items are boxed together by the sender, keeping under a certain weight, they get the cheapest shipping.

On the US end, the box is opened and items go on their way individually by usps.
Message 14 of 98
latest reply

Again singling out the Chinese.

They are far from the only ones here causing these types of problems.

You want cheap knockoffs.  Well then search words for fits a ________, same as ________, like a ________

amd just put in any brand name you want.

At least with the Chinese, you can just hit US only.

With the home grown ones, you have to add more and more words to your filter list.

Message 15 of 98
latest reply