cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My listings are not showing in search results

These listings have been active for over 24 hours.  When searching the other day, they would show up but not how they were supposed to.  I would type in the item and sort pricing lowest to highest.  While my items were not the highest priced, and would have free shipping, they would show at the very bottom of the page stating "shipping not specified".  A few days later, they won't show up at all. I checked on a few other items and they were not found either.

I tried searching by name, by item number only, would sort the specifics to match how I listed them, and tried both logged in and logged out, and nothing.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I can offer two possibilites on items not showing up when searched.  Both are described here:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Listings-not-showing-up-in-search-results/qaq-p/26913057/commen...

In the case of the LOCAL PICKUP issue, an eBay community support team leader has escalated the issue and will notify the community when resolved.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

I can offer two possibilites on items not showing up when searched.  Both are described here:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Listings-not-showing-up-in-search-results/qaq-p/26913057/commen...

In the case of the LOCAL PICKUP issue, an eBay community support team leader has escalated the issue and will notify the community when resolved.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Yes.  ebay actively HIDING listings (I strongly suspect) with the local pickup option.  Loopholes need closing.  

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

I did searches on 2 of your items and both show in search one in the top 10, 1 in the top 15 or so.......one had free shipping, one didn't..........

Here's one:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Marvel+Legends+6inch+action+figure+...

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

It's doing this to me too... Only to my most expensive items too! I knew this stuff should be selling 😞
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Tried both of these solutions and got no results. Any other suggestions? Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Regarding the second one (changing category), did you first search for similar auctions (which DO show up) and then change your item to use one of those "successful" categories?

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

I searched The Sandman Bookend Set you have the only one listed reason its not selling is the price is to high won't really move until you go down to the $170.00 range very limited demand when listing it short term...

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

We noticed that fewer than half our listings were showing up on our seller list, and when we searched the missing items they didn't turn up at all in a keyword search. I called Ebay and was told that they are having a major glitch and that they are "trying very hard" to fix it, and getting many calls from sellers. They said they have no time frame for the fix and it might be 3 days to one week. We have been having the problem since Friday 4/28 and thought at first it was an issue with our browser. I suggested they send out a message thru Ebay messages to let sellers know what is happening. We are getting no traffic to the unsearchable items and I am not listing anything more until the issue is resolved. I requested an email notification when the problem is fixed, which they said they would send. I encourage everyone having this problem to call Ebay so they can understand the scope of the problem. They have no plans at this point, according to the customer service representative, to offer any financial consideration to the sellers who are affected.
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Did you check your listings for the Local Pickup solution?

See the two possible causes and (temporary) resolutions detailed here:

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Happened to me too. Only my listings appeard to be visible for the first few days. had 4 items bid one (one time). no activity after that. Items sold at first bid price.. Happy customer but I lost money on potential bids.. I tried searching on a few before they expired because I noticed NO activity. Couldnt search on any of my remaining listings. I was told to end them and relist. wasnt guaranteed this would resolve the issue(and it didnt). I'm going to try  turning Local Pickup off..

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

This local pickup option glitch is an odd one indeed.

donut, I don't even want to think about the  search>category glitch that's  happening now too, makes my head spin .

Still can't thank you &  a couple more here  enough for your super support/ heads up help  ! 

Anyway, I had some auctions   END  last week on the 24th that  had the local pick up  option on them

( in addition to)  standard USPS shipping.

( seems most folks   that had local pickup as their  "ONLY " shipping choice in their  listings were being found  in the search results , best I could tell  )   

My  listings that ended on the 24th   worked fine   via search at that time and I did well with them, thank goodness.

( they were only 3-5 day auctions ) 

However, I  had another 10 day listing that went to the dumps during that time too, omg...lost 5 days on a 10 day listing there ) 

To my point .... now  when I go to advanced search to look  at those  ended listings  of mine   under completed auctions  they are poof...gone !  

No matter how I try it, by seller, item, etc.....nowhere  to be found ! 

smh , all I have to say about this. 

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

@eschreiter wrote:
We noticed that fewer than half our listings were showing up on our seller list, and when we searched the missing items they didn't turn up at all in a keyword search. I called Ebay and was told that they are having a major glitch and that they are "trying very hard" to fix it, and getting many calls from sellers. They said they have no time frame for the fix and it might be 3 days to one week. We have been having the problem since Friday 4/28 and thought at first it was an issue with our browser. I suggested they send out a message thru Ebay messages to let sellers know what is happening. We are getting no traffic to the unsearchable items and I am not listing anything more until the issue is resolved. I requested an email notification when the problem is fixed, which they said they would send. I encourage everyone having this problem to call Ebay so they can understand the scope of the problem. They have no plans at this point, according to the customer service representative, to offer any financial consideration to the sellers who are affected.

Good advice and they are working on it ...I've  been in contact with them for going on 3 days now .

For sure  the more that call in and point this issue out the better,  hopefully that  will expedite  getting it resolved. 

Financial compensation would be nice but I sure did not expect that, lol.

One thing  for sure per MY listings, NO MORE "optional " local pick up will be added on  and everyone should  " search" for their listings on a regular basis.  

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

@donutking wrote:

Regarding the second one (changing category), did you first search for similar auctions (which DO show up) and then change your item to use one of those "successful" categories?

donut,  you rock with your advice and who'd thunk... or will think... about doing that ?  ( should be a non issue, imo )

However...seems it needs to be done, sadly enough. 

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Thank you all for your advice and support. I called Ebay and was told it's a recent technical issue they are addressing and that they are receiving many calls regarding the matter, so I feel good knowing I'm not an idiot who doesn't know how to perform a simple search.

That being said, I found a lot of info, including in these very replies, about the "local pickup" option causing the problem. Again, thank you all.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply