cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Policy Option Deprecated??

Return Policy Option Deprecated??  So what the heck does that mean? On my other account, where listings go to die, I decided "what the heck" and bulk edited everything to free 14 day returns. I had had everything at 30 days, buyer pays. That account is not a TRS account, I only check it every other day because it has 2 day shipping. It is a mix of books, knickknacks, CDs, scarves and various odds and ends. So I edited everything to 14/free and up pops the message "Return Policy Deprecated (70)", so I figure it didn't like something on 70 of 83 edited listings -- but I see no hint as to which items or category it has heartburn with.

I come back to this main account and do a search by seller for the secondary account. Only 2 of 83 listings show as Free Returns when I first checked just by scanning down the list. Then I do a search for Free Returns only, and a list of 35 items come up, only 31 of which show Free Returns on the listing. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to what is showing up. So I guess I have no hope that having changed the main account to free returns is going to help much with visibility because there seems to be no consistency.

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

I thought ebay got rid of 14 day returns.

It is now no returns, 30 day returns, 60 day returns.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

14-day returns are still permitted in a couple of categories.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2018-spring/simplified-returns.html

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

Yes, but.. the Free Returns are showing on books, hand towels, scarves, keychains, Xmas ornaments, placemats, advertising, so a wide selection of items.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

@pvcliff wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

Yes, but.. the Free Returns are showing on books, hand towels, scarves, keychains, Xmas ornaments, placemats, advertising, so a wide selection of items.

OK, so I thought maybe the message was trying to tell me, hey sucker, we see you wanted to add free returns, so we've changed the things that need to be 30 days to 30 days. Nope, everything shows as 14 days in the details.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2018-spring/simplified-returns.html

I went by this and their 14 day return list seems to be much less inclusive.

And what industry standard are they talking about?  

Medical equipment maybe - but collectables?

Why 14 days for collectables and 30 days for jewelry?

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Only a few categories still allow 14 day returns.

Check the Spring and Summer Seller Updates.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

The site has been experiencing issues lately as Ebay has been initiating changes.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I now get this completely unexplained message with all re-listing....is that because my standard return policy is 7 days?? 

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

@emerald40

And why 30 days or 60 for clothing? Being set up royally to be a Rent-a-Center.

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

The 14 day only in certain categories will kick in when you try to relist something that's not eligible after July 1st when this kicks in.

I figure I'll just wait and change the ones that aren't to 30 days as I go to relist, and leave the others at 14 days as they are.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

I wonder who the rocket scientist was who decided ebay sellers had to  ehance their vocablulary.   Ebay staff need to have enough sense to write sensibly.   Maybe they should stop hiring English majors and try getting people who have common sense.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

"....... try getting people who have common sense". LOL

To do that they would have stop looking at college graduates of the last ten or more years and hire machinists or mechanics.
"Fly the Big Ones"
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

I went by this and their 14 day return list seems to be much less inclusive.

And what industry standard are they talking about?  

Medical equipment maybe - but collectables?

Why 14 days for collectables and 30 days for jewelry?

The industry standard they  are talking about is their own   made up   industry standard  !      Fact  is   return policys are based on those merchants  business model  that works for them.   Ebay has no business  forcing the sellers to use  another   businesss's  return policy  .   Lot of buyers don't come to ebay to buy the New latest **bleep** on the market !  a  most  and Majordy of buyers  are comming to ebay to buy old stuff and hard to find items.   

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Ebay are unclear in the returns policy.  A number of my listings have automatically been relisted as seller pays for reutrns.  I have been slowley going through my listinge and changing them to 14 days to return and buyer pays.  The changes seem to be saved.  Riddiculous allowing someone to return an item after 30 or 60 days, subject to statutory law,  Buyers can buy an item, and three months later send it back if they find one cheaper.  I am looking to other auction sites!

Message 15 of 17
latest reply