cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When someone is a Watcher is your item in their "basket"?

I'm considering making more use of Offers.  Apparently, we can send offers to those who have our items in their "baskets". Does that mean "watchers"?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: When someone is a Watcher is your item in their "basket"?

@pillarboxred 

When eBay designates that your item is eligible for you to send offers it may be because the prospective buyer has it in their cart, they have it on their watch list, or they merely looked at your item. You don't get to know why, and you don't get to know who they might be in advance. 

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I have items on my Watchlist but nothing in my basket.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

a-tisket, a-tasket, I don't have a basket.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

You have to be a Brit to have a "basket" in your "boot".

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

When somemone places your item in their basket, it's like a shopping cart when you shop at Target or Pennys online.  When they put your item on their Watchlist, it's just a list they can refer back to periodically whenever they want.  I think they are more likely to be a serious buyer when the item is in their basket.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

I have never put anything in the cart/basket only on my watch list and I do receive offers.

Then there are those who load up a basket and just leave to and never buy the items.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

You have to be a Brit to have a "basket" in your "boot".

My sock and my foot in my "boot", and obviously little under my "bonnet"

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

There doesn't appear to be a clear answer to this. How can I tell if I should send an offer to someone who has an item in their basket if I can't see their basket?

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

So how does that answer my question? I'm missing something on eBay which everyone else seems to know about.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Just send offers IF YOU want to...........no way to specify who gets the offer........ People put stuff on watch lists or in baskets for their own reasons........which may or may not include actually wanting to/intending to buy......

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I have listings eligible for offers that show zero watchers.  I’ve never seen an official explanation about this, but am assuming those listings were only viewed by someone or maybe added to a basket.   Regardless, I have been skipping sending offers to zero watcher listings since I’m not interested in receiving offers on items I just look at and I’ve read several threads where it annoys people.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@pillarboxred wrote:

There doesn't appear to be a clear answer to this. How can I tell if I should send an offer to someone who has an item in their basket if I can't see their basket?

@pillarboxred 

You don't need to see in anyone's 'basket'. If you're willing to take less money, send Offers to anyone that eBay allows you to from your Seller Hub/Listings page. There's a message and a blue 'Send offers' link at the top of the page regarding any that may qualify.

Note that if you've sent an offer before, the one for that item (for example) may not qualify.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@pillarboxred wrote:

I'm considering making more use of Offers.  Apparently, we can send offers to those who have our items in their "baskets". Does that mean "watchers"?

Watcher - item on watched list

In Basket - might be on their watch list or not - but could have zero watchers on that listing (and it's in a basket)

I send out offers to watchers every few days just in case any are thinking of buying and will take advantage of the discount. Works 2-3 times each time I send them.

C.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@pillarboxred wrote:

Just send the offer. If it's in their watch list and they're not interested, they just won't buy. It's that simple.

C.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply