cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is feedback percentage needed for top rated seller?

It reads next evaluation would be top rated seller (if evaluated today)

What is the feedback percentage needed for top rated seller? Just curious. It was 98-100% of I recall.

I was top rated seller for many years, got my first neg not long ago. Thanks

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: What is feedback percentage needed for top rated seller?

This whole 'buyers avoid sellers who are TRS' thing is nothing but another looney conspiracy theory IMHO. Why on EARTH would buyers avoid sellers who are committed to providing top service?

You are correct I visited that furniture store with good reviews today & guess what?
they got my business and was I impressed with the service 
It's ordered and will be delivered in 3 to 5 weeks with their own delivery drivers not contracted drivers & free delivery to boot !!!

So correct why would anyone stay away from a seller that offers Top Service 

DH was so impressed he already recommended them to another person who just had work done on their home & are looking for new furniture. 

Message 16 of 31
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

I just meant that, for the OP, if the TRS should not happen or be lost, it's not the end of the world.  It's entirely possible it would make no difference in sales.  And it's just that it doesn't make a difference to many buyers.  They either don't pay any attention to it, or they actively avoid it.  It's not that they're dim, it's because they have had really bad experiences with TRS too many times to take a chance again.  There is even a TRS who has stated they avoid TRS sellers because of bad experiences.

Quotes please, with verifiable links.

Message 17 of 31
latest reply

She must have forgotten that you're waiting for information. Here's a bump as a reminder.  Lots of TRS waiting with you.

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

Gathering up information from the eBay library.

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 19 of 31
latest reply

You are probably right. 

Message 20 of 31
latest reply

@tarantino14 wrote:

Wishing you luck, and congratulations if you achieve this, but many buyers don't think TRS means anything, and some actively avoid them.  

That's REALLY disrespectful. You should be ashamed of making those of us who (used to) work hard for this designation by following thru with our requirements and promises fell like scum.

I'm sure anyone who "actively avoid them" aren't buyers I want.  To avoid someone who follows thru on their requirements is paranoid.

I'm sorry you are offended but that opinion has been posted by others on this Board.  I understand that you may not like it, but it is what it is.  Note that it says that it is in response to bad experiences, so these were not sellers who followed through on their requirements.  These were sellers with inaccurate listings who fought, in a hostile and abusive fashion, legitimate SNADs and returns, even if they took returns.  No intention to make anyone feel like scum, just what many others believe and have posted.  There was even a post by a TRS seller who stated they avoided TRS sellers because of bad experiences.  That is telling.  When a pattern of problematic transactions occurs, buyers may avoid what they perceive is the common denominator, in this case, TRS sellers.  Not unlike those who no longer buy from China due to bad experiences.

No offense was intended to anyone, TRS or not.  It is a shame that the actions of some taint the whole group; I'm sorry for the good sellers caught in that net, but there is nothing I can do about it.  You have the bad ones to thank.

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

I'm not a TRS on the US site but every time you write about 'one' trs seller not buying from other trs sellers, it offends me as well. Anytime I see TRS in the thread heading there is almost a guarantee that you will repeat that comment  and I don't understand what the point of it is. Why continually (and you've repeated it often) comment that one seller avoids other trs sellers or that some buyers avoid them? There are thousands of comments made on the boards by one or more people and I don't notice you quoting them on a regular basis.  As others have pointed out, someone who avoids a seller simply because they have a certain designation makes absolutely no sense so why mention it?

If you feel that TRS should be avoided, then by all means, please tell us why you think that way.  But please don't quote nameless people who once said that they don't like top rated sellers because there is no basis or background on why they don't like them.  Also, the comment is obviously offending some people and since it doesn't serve any point, why mention it at all?  If you want to comment to a seller who is having a difficult time becoming trs, perhaps you can sympathise by mentioning that you are sure some buyers don't specifically seek out trs.  That's better than suggesting that some others think trs are bad sellers and more accurate imo.

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

Now that we know there is no data to back up the claim, let us hope that it does not continue to be repeated and repeated and repeated as if it is fact.  Let us hope the seller bashing stops.

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

@tarantino14 wrote:

Wishing you luck, and congratulations if you achieve this, but many buyers don't think TRS means anything, and some actively avoid them.  

That's REALLY disrespectful. You should be ashamed of making those of us who (used to) work hard for this designation by following thru with our requirements and promises fell like scum.

I'm sure anyone who "actively avoid them" aren't buyers I want.  To avoid someone who follows thru on their requirements is paranoid.

I'm sorry you are offended but that opinion has been posted by others on this Board.  I understand that you may not like it, but it is what it is.  Note that it says that it is in response to bad experiences, so these were not sellers who followed through on their requirements.  These were sellers with inaccurate listings who fought, in a hostile and abusive fashion, legitimate SNADs and returns, even if they took returns.  No intention to make anyone feel like scum, just what many others believe and have posted.  There was even a post by a TRS seller who stated they avoided TRS sellers because of bad experiences.  That is telling.  When a pattern of problematic transactions occurs, buyers may avoid what they perceive is the common denominator, in this case, TRS sellers.  Not unlike those who no longer buy from China due to bad experiences.

No offense was intended to anyone, TRS or not.  It is a shame that the actions of some taint the whole group; I'm sorry for the good sellers caught in that net, but there is nothing I can do about it.  You have the bad ones to thank.

Do you have any links to any of these threads you mention? Thanks.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 24 of 31
latest reply

I've come across TRS with hundreds of negative feedbacks. They're not top rated in my opinion and I wouldn't buy from them. 

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

"Wishing you luck, and congratulations if you achieve this, but many buyers don't think TRS means anything, and some actively avoid them."

I don't want to sell on a site with people who  think that.  Shouldn't doing your absolute best always be the point?

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 26 of 31
latest reply

I totally agree with you,I shy away from any and all sellers that sell a lot but also have hundreds of neg's and neutral feedbacks. Feedback should be a part of TRS based upon a percentage of BAD feedback on a year to year basis.
Message 27 of 31
latest reply

I'm with those who believe that buyers who avoid TRS  should be ignored.   It is their own business, but if they are avoiding because of bad experiences, that is different than avoiding because they like to support smaller sellers.  Either way, it is foolish, but the buyer has a right to be foolish if they choose. 

As to TRS & feedback, I don't believe it should be a part of the criteria.  I check out my competitors' feedback regularly and can see which ones have gotten negs/neuts for bad service or bad product, and which get it for petty, stupid complaints that they are not or should not be responsible for.  I feel sorry for them. 

What should happen is that a buyer should not be allowed to buy until he has actually read any bad feedback and determined how much the seller has received in proportion to their positive feedback, although I don't know how you would force them to do so. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 28 of 31
latest reply

this is really tricky; I fulfill all criteria for being top rated as given in ebay rules yet I am not top rated. I suspect it could be because my feedback % is just a fraction below 98% but this policy is not given anywhere clearly

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

Your feedback is showing as 97.1%.  As I noted over a year ago in the very first post in this thread, feedback is not a criterion. But you must have 100 transactions with US buyers in the past 12 months. Also you must meet the requirements for transaction defect rate, cases closed without seller resolution, and late shipment rate.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/seller-levels-performance-standards/seller-levels-performance-stan...

Message 30 of 31
latest reply