cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you do if you send wrong Item and buyer will not send back

I put the wrong shipping label on the two packages so they went to the wrong people one person got a refund the other person got the first package  I asked them not to open then they said they did not know if they got it so I mailed there original order to her and she received now she will not answer so she has a $45 item that does not belong to her.  Stuck I do not know what to do any idea

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

@chwoo_4504 ,

Chalk it up as lesson learned. Not much you can do when it was an honest mistake and the recipient does not want cooperate.

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

+1 to theteamsetguy.  There's nothing to be done, other than possibly block the buyer in question, if your gut tells you to.  If you get mail addressed to you, it's yours to keep by law.   

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

Well there isn't much you can do. Your error, be more careful in the future! I've done this, got burnt, had to eat the cost. It's part of the learning curve on ebay.

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

@chwoo_4504 wrote:

I put the wrong shipping label on the two packages so they went to the wrong people one person got a refund the other person got the first package  I asked them not to open then they said they did not know if they got it so I mailed there original order to her and she received now she will not answer so she has a $45 item that does not belong to her.  Stuck I do not know what to do any idea

I would wait until she filed a INAD (item not as described) return.

Accept the return and pay for the return label.

If she returns the item, she gets a refund.

If he doesn't return the item, no refund.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 5 of 26
latest reply

That $45 item does belong to her, because you sent it to her.

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

Retrace my steps and find out what exactly happened for me to make that mix up and put something in place to ensure that mistake doesn't happen again.

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

her gain ( she got more than she ask for) your loss( but   lesson  learn ) nothing u can  do but hope she feel like sending back which many wont ( why send her original order should of waited till she returned your mistake) live and learn good  luck

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

@chwoo_4504 wrote:

@inhawaii 

Why would he buyer file an INAD?  The buyer received the wrong item followed by the seller shipping the right item to them and the buyer appears to be keeping both.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 9 of 26
latest reply

@hartungcards wrote:

Well that isn't correct.  It was an honest mistake made by the OP.  That buyer never paid for the item.  They do not own it, but they likely are going to keep it and there isn't much the seller can do about that.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 10 of 26
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@inhawaii wrote:

@chwoo_4504 wrote:

@inhawaii 

Why would he buyer file an INAD?  The buyer received the wrong item followed by the seller shipping the right item to them and the buyer appears to be keeping both.

Sorry, I missed the parts about the seller sending the right item and the buyer refusing to send the wrong item back.

In that case my new answer is:  Go on with life and try not to make the same mistake again.

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@hartungcards wrote:

Well that isn't correct.  It was an honest mistake made by the OP.  That buyer never paid for the item.  They do not own it, but they likely are going to keep it and there isn't much the seller can do about that.

If you send me a blue widget by mistake instead of a red one, then send me a red one before I return the blue one, guess who the blue one belongs to ....... ME!

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

Sorry, not much you can do but make sure it doesn't happen again.

Have a great day
Message 13 of 26
latest reply

@hartungcards wrote:

I said similar to my bank when some extra money appeared in my account. No it was a mistake they said and took it back.

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

"Well that isn't correct.  It was an honest mistake made by the OP.  That buyer never paid for the item.  They do not own it"

Yeah, that's not correct.  Honest mistake has nothing to do with it.  Do you think the OP sent it as a dishonest mistake? The buyer doesn't have to pay for the item, and the buyer does own it if it was sent to them in the mail.

Message 15 of 26
latest reply