cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHAT is THIS ? TY Beanie Listings...

Rows & Rows of ridiculous price 1996 TY Hippity Beanies, all for big money, 'sold' by 0 FB Users...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=ty+1996+hippity&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_sop=16 

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

I never collected them so I don't know what they are really worth but I would never pay anywhere near those prices.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

No different than these 'sold' listings; yet you can buy the same for $20. I think they list, fake 'buyer' that never really pays in order to try to make a false history of 'sold' items.. sometimes peoples (scammers) private websites will forward a customer to 'look at what they're worth!'....

beauty and the beast vhs for sale | eBay

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Sport buyers messing with the sellers. Did you look on Terapeak to see if they were actually paid for?

Sellers money laundering.

Who knows?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Contact the sellers and ask if they actually got paid?

Have a great day
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

They may have "sold" for those prices but whether or not they are ever paid for is another matter.  Many of these "sales" are bogus, just a very old ploy to create interest and inflate prices for the item.  Creates an "auction record," you see, so when another is listed at, say $2500, it will be snapped up.   Without the hoopla, it would have sold for ten bucks on a good day.

Been going on the arts, antiques, and antiquities markets forever.  

Ask the eBay seller whose Princess Di Beanie Baby sold for $45K and made international headlines.  He was never paid.  He posted about it all here.  Usually, the seller is innocent, as he was.  But occasionally the seller is in on the whole sorry wheeze.

-

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

There are literally hundreds and not thousands of both crazy sellers and buyers on Ebay. They like to play games. Many of them are to just get feedback.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

So annoying, scrolling thru these... eBay should remove them, so, nobody sees them.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

If you are checkng for sold comps the best way, assuming you know approximate value, search within a certain price range and you won't have to see the fake listings.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

If you are checkng for sold comps the best way, assuming you know approximate value, search within a certain price range and you won't have to see the fake listings.

Or search on Terapeak - then you can see what which items were actually paid for. If no payment they won't show up on Terapeak.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

How do you figure listing a Beanie Baby for a thousand dollars and not getting paid would earn feeback for the seller? 

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

How do you figure listing a Beanie Baby for a thousand dollars and not getting paid would earn feeback for the seller? 

Buyer commits to purchase. Leaves FB. Seller does not file a non-payment cancellation, instead ignores the unpaid order and lets it time out. FB is not removed by the unpaid process and FVF aren't charged unless the item is paid for.

GLORIOUS!

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

I'm with you @soh.maryl  makes no sense

I was just thinking that a 1099 will be issued because they 'sold'.  Someone is on the hook and will pay for this nonsense!

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

OK, I see how that could work, but wouldn't it take quite awhile to accumulate FB that way?

And are there lots of buyers who leave feedback before receiving their item? Even if they did not pay for it?

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

@evry1nositswindy wrote:

I was just thinking that a 1099 will be issued because they 'sold'.  Someone is on the hook and will pay for this nonsense!

No payment = no money processed.

GLORIOUS!

Message 15 of 19
latest reply