cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHAT is THIS ? TY Beanie Listings...

Rows & Rows of ridiculous price 1996 TY Hippity Beanies, all for big money, 'sold' by 0 FB Users...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=ty+1996+hippity&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_sop=16 

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: WHAT is THIS ? TY Beanie Listings...

@soh.maryl wrote:

OK, I see how that could work, but wouldn't it take quite awhile to accumulate FB that way?

And are there lots of buyers who leave feedback before receiving their item? Even if they did not pay for it?

If a seller was using this absolutely ridiculous way of accumulating FB, the "buyer" would be in on it. The "buyer" might even be the seller using a fake account.

I think FB accumulation is the least likely explanation for beanie babies "selling" for a few grand. But it is systematically possible which is all I was explaining above. The theory of FB accumulation was not mine.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Out of the few I looked at the bidder and they were all unregistered buyers. I think fake buyers. 

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

@evry1nositswindy wrote:

I'm with you @soh.maryl  makes no sense

I was just thinking that a 1099 will be issued because they 'sold'.  Someone is on the hook and will pay for this nonsense!

1099 records total revenue - no money changes hands in these transactions, therefore they're revenue neutral.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 18 of 19
latest reply

With the ones listed into the thousands of dollars, which is bonkers beyond belief, money laundering is the most likely culprit.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply