cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verified Purchase and Negative Feedback - Cancelled Orders

There is a major software bug that is allowing flags to trigger.

1.  A person outside a shipping area makes an offer to a seller.

2. Seller does not realize potential buyer is outside the shipping area, ACCEPTS OFFER.

2.5 - Ebay System flags buyer as a VERIFIED PURCHASE

3.Buyer attempts to checkout but is UNABLE TO TRANSACT due to a Shipping Policy.

4. Shipping for item was a fixed $13.00 for USA Priority Flat Rate Shipping due to size and weight.

5. Buyer CANCELS TRANSACTION. However still a "VERIFIED PURCHASE"

6.Buyer sends message to Seller weeks later claiming the seller took their money and won’t ship to Canada.

7.Seller sends documented proof to "Cancelled Buyer" and shows there was no money transacted. 

8.Seller sends documented proof to "Cancelled Buyer" that they cancelled the purchase.

9. "Verified Purchase" now leaves NEGATIVE FEEDBACK

10.  Seller since 1999 contacts Ebay 4x and they will not remove.

11.  NON-BUYER is now entitled to an opinion.

12.  When item was cancelled, it RELISTED and SOLD in the USA next day.

13.  Seller has 2 FEEDBACK for SAME ITEM.

14.  SELLER REQUESTED FEEDBACK REVISION - UNANSWERED.

@Ebay 

74Jewelry.com
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

That listing says that you will ship to Canada via eBay International Shipping, and shows a postage and handling fee of $28.74 for Canada. 

Screen Shot 2024-03-03 at 9.13.14 AM.png

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

They Cancelled the Order .

74Jewelry.com
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Im more confused now than ever... The buyer cancelled the order.  Never checked out and then stated I do not ship to Canada.   (I didn't realize it was accommodating to Canada) apparently buyer didn't want to pay the shipping fee.   Then gave me negative feedback and claiming "Ebay took his money".   Ebay support verified no transaction took place, yet it registered as a "Verified Purchase" and they were able to leave Negative Feedback..    5x calling support, they won’t remove.   contacted buyer multiple times to revise and they won’t.   I replied to the negative feedback, however since the negative feedback sales at the store completely stopped.    Since September I have been shipping 1-3 items per day, down to 3 items for the week.   I am even promoting items and links and store with zero activity.   this happened last negative... Ebay Jail.... My imagination I guess.

74Jewelry.com
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

For 1) Buyers can't actually cancel orders, they can request an order to be cancelled.

2) You can have the feedback removed if you have evidence that the buyer actually requested the order to be cancelled.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@robbie31415 wrote:

2) You can have the feedback removed if you have evidence that the buyer actually requested the order to be cancelled.

Not guaranteed.  Especially since eBay has been getting more and more reticent to remove feedback for many reasons.  Nowhere that I know of do they promise you'll be able to remove feedback because the buyer cancelled, especially since the seller could choose that maliciously when actually cancelling for a different reason which would block the buyer from leaving feedback if what you said were true, even though it might be well deserved.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Well when I talked to the CS rep on facebook, they said cancelled feedbacks are fine to remove since no transaction actually took place, but they want to see evidence that it was requested by the buyer.

The reason for that is because bad sellers do abuse cancellations like avoidance of OOS.

I've had all mine removed so I'm just telling it based on what I've personally experienced.

I could say that nothing is actually guaranteed. If it makes you happier you can add Based on my experience to the start of the second sentence.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@74vintage_com wrote:

They Cancelled the Order .

Buyers have NO ability to Cancel and order.  They can request a cancellation, but it is seller that actually has to file the cancellation and refund the buyer if they had paid.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 8 of 8
latest reply