cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I sold and buyer demanded a refund

The refund NEVER came! EBay now wants to deduct the price from my credit card! I will contest it with my card and close my account with these scumbags!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Missing a lot of vital information.

I wouldn't hold outstanding debt from eBay, will negatively impact you and possibly your credit rating.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I'm a bit confused... your buyer demanded a refund, but you never issued one. (Fair enough... you don't have to until you get your chain back.) So your buyer opened a Return request and you never responded to the claim??

If it was the latter, the buyer could ask eBay to step in for help after 3 days of making the claim. If that happened and you don't have enough funds 'Pending' in your account, then eBay is going to your backup payment method for the buyer's refund.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

You have been a member for under a year...have zero feedback...side with e-bay on every post and have bought nothing or sold nothing

Are you an employee of e-bay?

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

You can contest whatever you want, but they will get their money. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

This is for the broken gold chain? If you only have pending funds for that sale, Ebay will not deduct the refund from those. They will go to your payment source for it.Im afraid your cc will not be able to stop  it. And Ebay will take months to close your account, thats the criteria for sellers accounts.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

"The refund return NEVER came! EBay now wants to deduct the price from my credit card! I will contest it with my card and close my account"

"But I never received the return despite the item is tracked as received. "

(   ^^^^^^^^^^  from the mentor board  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@murine_press 

Could be "the return tracking scam".

Buyer could have sent "something" to another address in your Zip.

If it shows delivered then that is what the eBay "bots" go by.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Thank you for the information.

I will take the appropriate action.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Did you send the buyer  a return shipping label  that has to be print from  ebay?   

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Oh thanks, return changes everything.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

If tracking shows it was returned, you don't have a choice but refund.

Then, you'll have to prove it wasn't returned, then appeal the case.

Have a great day
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

If I'm understanding what happened correctly (return shipment shows as delivered but never actually showed up to you, yet the buyer is being issued a refund by eBay after the case was escalated), you can appeal the case, and I would first take the return tracking number to your local post office and see if they can tell you either the address it was delivered to or the GPS coordinates, or both (in writing). That would be the only evidence I can imagine might win you an appeal with eBay.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply