cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VERY FEW VIEWS ?!

I noticed a few days ago a new view counter on my items and there was a pop-up about a new way to count views (is this new for everyone or have others already had this for awhile?).... and now many of my items have very little & some have even ZERO views...what gives?  what is the point of listing if nobody can see my items anymore? 😞  

Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: VERY FEW VIEWS ?!

thank you. where did you find this information? was it sent to us?

Message 31 of 53
latest reply

It was announced in the Spring Seller Update. It was also shown in a pop-up message on each account as it was converted @karentube100.

Message 32 of 53
latest reply

All my new listings for days now have zero views. This is not normal. No views, no sales. Please fix this.

Message 33 of 53
latest reply

looks like i'm not the only person who didn't get the memo....

Message 34 of 53
latest reply

I understand you stance on social media views, but ebay views is important to see because, if no views, something could be wrong with listing, no one likes you item, and if i got tons a views in a few hrs, you know its going to sell fast.  But i do agree with ebay controls the views, so how would we know whats being seen or not. 

Message 35 of 53
latest reply

suddenly my views dropped from high numbers to zero! H

EBay recently changed Views from reflecting the lifetime of the listing to the last 30 days.

And the new Views system seems to lag-- I'm not the only seller to report having things sell which apparently never had any Views at all.

In any case, a lot of Views basically means a lot of customers did not buy your item.

Message 36 of 53
latest reply

I watch view traffic like a hawk.  In times that I am flooded with sales, I do not have time to pay attention to these things.  Lack of a flood of sales provides plenty of time to look at the data and try to figure out why.  The economic downturn of the past several years, free falling consumer confidence, a wall of inflation, lack of expendable income, public anticipation of future doom...

I do not let listings ride with "good-til-cancelled".  I end the listings before they auto renew, and manually relist them.  The original formula from 30 years ago served me the best, and is my continuing strategy.  I have factual proof that my listings get looked at, because when they are ended manually in a regular monthly cycle, I receive a message from Ebay members, asking if the item is still available and where the new listing can be found.  Some clicked to watch.  Some bookmarked the page.  And I get sales of those items quickly after they are relisted, after responding with the link to the new listing.

I mention this because it is not possible for the view counts of any of my listings to have views older than 30 days, that would drop off when no longer counted in the total.

In March and April, I noticed the last 5-10 listings placed each evening would get 10-20 views within the first hour of being active, while the rest remained unnoticed with zero views, until the count increased gradually as days went by, as normal.  But the items receiving the jump immediately after being listed usually did not match traffic count with increased sales.

I had to turn my store off due to a power outage this week.  In the past, using the vacation settings has negatively impacted sales and traffic after the store is turned back on.  This time, that event has intersected with this change in page view count policy.  View count remains zero across the board, but buyers continue contacting me and the previous level of sales resumed immediately.

I have items that are clicked to watch with zero page views on my Seller Hub Active Listings page.

I look at my own listing page, and after doing so, the view count on my Seller Hub Active Listings page remains at zero.  In the past, viewing my own page would increase the count by one, the first view and not after that.

I have items that _sold_, which have zero page views on my Seller Hub Active Listings page.  That's not possible.  The item listing page has to be accessed by a human user and active member, at least one time, for the item to sell.  Bots are not buying my products.

I have read comments that "Oh, all your previous traffic was bots.".  The suggestion being that is the explanation from Ebay, the Seller Update, etc.

That would indicate falsification of the data in order to commit fraud.  The seller pays for the service of putting the listing out there and making it available to look at.  If the current page count data is not an error (which has happened on occasion previously, and always returned to normal after a glitch has been fixed), it would indicate that there has been fraud in the charging of store subscription fees for services that had not been rendered.

Hoping the glitch is resolved.  Unwilling to accept that bots are purchasing and paying for the products that I am shipping.

Message 37 of 53
latest reply

Since this all started, my listing page views are now down 40%.   I have never seen it like this and yes I know the economy, etc.. etc...but my opinion is it does have a lot to do with all these unnecessary changes and now more item specifics to deal with. 

Message 38 of 53
latest reply

I've used ebay for a long time. I am very disappointed with the new 0 traffic. They claim its because people can watch by clicking the heart rather than opening page.

I can see bothering to go through all the time it takes to list just to have 0 views. They are losing business ,and maybe it's really how bad the volume has become. I am looking elsewhere to sell my coins and stamps.

Furthermore the completed /sold listings should be true.if a beanie bay didn't sell for 3 grand,it appears as though it did.so more people waste time with false hope! 

Message 39 of 53
latest reply

I feel the same way as most others who have posted.  When this "new" method of counting views began, my views went to zero.  My sales have been flat.  If this is the true indicator of views, then perhaps it might be time to look into alternatives, like many others.  I have been selling on ebay since 2000, I have a store, I have 111 followers, and my May traffic and sales have plummeted big time.  I'm currently running a 20% off clearance sale on about 300 items, and this has resulted in a few sales, but again, traffic, views and sales are way down.  Newly listed items take 4,5 or more days to pick up one view.  Something is not right.

Message 40 of 53
latest reply

I never saw a thing about views. I have items that have zero views in my listing but have over 40 in ebays system. One person said i should relist to see if it gets views and I did the 3 that had zero or 2 and today after 10 days they have zero in my listings. Called again Tuesday and was told it would be fixed in 24 hours, is not fixed. My relisted items have 34, 21 and 16 but show ZERO.  items with zero views of even a small amout i will move to a different format.

Message 41 of 53
latest reply

Where can i find performance and traffic? i am finding that the more they change things the hard it is to find what i am looking for. Like how to talk to a real person.

Message 42 of 53
latest reply

views and sales on other sites don't seem to be much better...

the world is in crisis..trends come and go, buyer habits change, supply & demand changes> a  million and one reasons why views are low/sales are low/slow, and there is no way to know what the contributing factors can be/are...it's just the way it is...

Message 43 of 53
latest reply

Seller Hub>Performance>traffic

Message 44 of 53
latest reply

I think there is DEFINITELY something very weird going on  here.  I don't sell a lot of stuff on ebay, but over the past year I've usually tried to keep 15-20 listings active.   Mostly books, glass,  and low-end  odds and ends. Over the last 3 weeks or so my views have suddenly PLUMMETED!!  And I know that the "fake views" like listing bots or whatever are not being counted now, but this is insane!! 

I've had a fishing-related book (First edition, actually signed by the author) listed on BIN for over 10 days and it is still showing ZERO NADA ZILCH O ZERO VIEWS during this entire period of time!!   Unthinkable.   But when I search for my own items they come right up in a keyword search.  Why isn't there more outrage about this? 

I had a hard time finding current discussions about this in ebay Community.  It makes me wonder if ebay is doing something to help hide these threads.   

Message 45 of 53
latest reply