cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates are happening to some item specifics and category structures

We announced in our most recent Seller Update that we’ve revised some categories and item specifics to help make your listings easier to find on eBay and by external search engines. 

Starting today, you’ll see updates to the following categories:

Business & Industrial (Sinks)

Collectibles & Toys 

Electronics (Cameras)

Health & Beauty (Covid tests)

Home & Garden

Parts & Accessories (Wheels & Tires)

Sporting Goods (Golf & Cycling)

Watches

During this transition, your listing experience could be temporarily impacted, as well as the visibility of your listings.  You may notice some item specifics changing names, listings moved to different categories, or some listings temporarily not appearing in searches. 

Any affected listings should return to normal within a week, though some effects to listings’ visibility in searches may continue for up to three weeks. 

Once these changes are complete, we recommend checking your listings in the above categories to see if any were affected.  Learn more about category changes → please scroll down the page to see the links for the specific category changes.

We understand these updates will take extra time and may cause some frustration, but our goal is to help you increase your listings’ visibility and sales. 

Keep an eye on this page over the coming days—we’ll be sharing up-to-date information on affected categories and listings, and answering any questions you have. 

Message 1 of 317
latest reply
316 REPLIES 316

@community_team wrote:

We announced in our most recent Seller Update that we’ve revised some categories and item specifics to help make your listings easier to find on eBay and by external search engines. 

Starting today, you’ll see updates to the following categories:

Business & Industrial (Sinks)

Collectibles & Toys 

Electronics (Cameras)

Health & Beauty (Covid tests)

Home & Garden

Parts & Accessories (Wheels & Tires)

Sporting Goods (Golf & Cycling)

Watches

During this transition, your listing experience could be temporarily impacted, as well as the visibility of your listings.  You may notice some item specifics changing names, listings moved to different categories, or some listings temporarily not appearing in searches. 

Any affected listings should return to normal within a week, though some effects to listings’ visibility in searches may continue for up to three weeks. 

Learn more about category changes →

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three weeks?  Why so long?  Affecting search visibility for up to three weeks can be an eternity in online selling.

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 2 of 317
latest reply

Do those changes affect sales as well? Most sellers on boards say they got 0 sales in the past week or so. I am in car parts but not wheels and tires.

-----

Message 3 of 317
latest reply

I hear you. What category change could possibly affect visibility for up to THREE weeks? Here we go again. I'm sure it's a much better "experience" for the sellers involved. 

Message 4 of 317
latest reply

Will sellers be notified as to which of their listings were changed?

Last time the only way we knew, was to go through and check each and every listing to be sure eBay moved it to the correct category.

It was a complete mess... 

-----

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 5 of 317
latest reply

No wonder I'm not getting any sales or questions on my active listings today. Thanks for letting us know!

Message 6 of 317
latest reply

@b86fiero 

My guess is the updates are not quite finished yet or whom ever is updating has no clue as to what they're doing.  Only making it harder for sellers to receive views/sales.  The notice is more a less a cheery announcement that they're still in the process of working on that cluster of a mess after almost a year of the initial update from hell.  smh. 🙄

Message 7 of 317
latest reply

@klhmdg wrote:

Will sellers be notified as to which of their listings were changed?

Last time the only way we knew, was to go through and check each and every listing to be sure eBay moved it to the correct category.

It was a complete mess... 

Expect what it was:  were you have to check and see where it goes...

Message 8 of 317
latest reply

Thanks for the notification.........while we may not be happy during the transition........it will certainly help to be updated on the progress and be able to ask questions...........

Message 9 of 317
latest reply

And remember to check if the 'new' category charges for Gallery Plus or not. (again)

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 10 of 317
latest reply

Would that also show my store categories in Chinese?

ten_o_nine_0-1652891088011.png

Message 11 of 317
latest reply

::sigh::

I guess I needed more busy work ☹️

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 12 of 317
latest reply

I thought computer programs worked with the speed of  light?

Of course, that presumes that the entire program is written before being unleashed.

Message 13 of 317
latest reply

Here we go again! Everytime they mess with Item specifics everything goes haywire.  

Message 14 of 317
latest reply

ALL categories seem to be affected - clothing has been DEAD!!!!!

Message 15 of 317
latest reply