cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfair feedback

Is there anything that can be done about unfair feedback.  I have been a victim of buyers remorse and Ebay refuses to do anything about it.  I sold a Tiffany pearl bracelet.  I had it appraised.  The buyer said it was fake....it was not.  Knowing that it was not fake I issued the buyer a full refund and he returned the bracelet.  He gave me a negative feedback.  I reported this to Ebay and  they refused to take the feedback off.  Now I have 87.5 feedback after I maintained a 100% feedback for 19 years.  I am thinking very seriously about quitting Ebay both as a buyer and a seller.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Unfair feedback

I've had success speaking directly with customer service.  Tell them exactly what you said here, that you had perfect feedback and you accommodated the seller and there is no reason for negative feedback.  Also, check to see if the buyer has a habit of this behavior and if yes, mention that to eBay as well.  Good luck.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Unfair feedback

You can submit a feedback revision through ebay first.....then the buyer.  Have you done that yet? Was there false information given in the feedback that violates ebays policies? Also......did the buyer initiate a return .....then ship the item back through the returns process and then leave a neg?

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Unfair feedback

@bli!! wrote:

Is there anything that can be done about unfair feedback.  I have been a victim of buyers remorse and Ebay refuses to do anything about it.  I sold a Tiffany pearl bracelet.  I had it appraised.  The buyer said it was fake....it was not.  Knowing that it was not fake I issued the buyer a full refund and he returned the bracelet.  He gave me a negative feedback.  I reported this to Ebay and  they refused to take the feedback off.  Now I have 87.5 feedback after I maintained a 100% feedback for 19 years.  I am thinking very seriously about quitting Ebay both as a buyer and a seller.

It always stings to get that first negative. However this is business and not personal. Yes buyer was upset but it could have been because someone cut in line at the post office. It's not about you. It's just their opinion, right or wrong opinion but it belongs to them. FB comments are the right of the buyer on here and these comments do not break any policies. There is no reason to get them removed, it's an opinion only. Try to concentrate on selling more items and this will fall to your second page where no one will notice it. Try to remain positive and put this behind. Best of luck to you.... 

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Unfair feedback

Is this the negative you got over 6 months ago?

Did you just notice?

That does seem unfair and I see that it could be a big issue for a seldom seller. But if it's that old, too late to do much about it. Though after a year it won't be so obvious anymore.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Unfair feedback

Is there anything that can be done about unfair feedback

No. Your opinion that it is "unfair" does not man it violates eBay policy. 

Ebay refuses to do anything about it

I reported this to Ebay and  they refused to take the feedback off

Their policies do not suggest that they would do anything. 

I am thinking very seriously about quitting Ebay both as a buyer and a seller.

That is your prerogative. 

Here's a thought exercise: Pretend everything happened exactly as you describe, except for two details - (1) the bracelet actually was a fake; and (2) you were the buyer not the seller. 

How would you feel as the buyer if eBay removed your negative feedback simply because the seller told eBay it was unfair? 

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Unfair feedback

You're a little late in wanting to address the Negative, it happened over 6 months ago. You had 30 days to ask eBay to look at it or to ask your buyer to reconsider.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Unfair feedback

i  can feel for ya  as i know your integrity  was questioned.  just a neg which id be willing to bet that  it is bogus. which i see you dont  ever collect. you dont have much feed back in  the past year. if i was buying i would  not  even worry about that, id be checking your previous feedback and that is OUTSTANDING all of your feedback trumps that one neg. i would not have any qualms about buying from you.  at times  it takes a lot of fortitude and grit to hang  with this place . good luck to you sir.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Unfair feedback

It's probably too late........looks like the neg will fall off in 30 or so days.......

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Unfair feedback

i hear what you are saying but i personally believe his buying and selling history says he is an outstanding seller and buyer that i myself wouldnt question his integrity until he proved me wrong. some people leave negs like people eating m&ms. some do it just  for spite.  if  your worthy of a negative i have no problem with that.  his track record speaks for itself.   he waited too long do anything about the neg, it will drop in 6 more months, but i know who i would ride with on the bracelet deal.   

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Unfair feedback

Your reply is fine and it will drop off soon.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Unfair feedback

@futuremarine2011 wrote:

i hear what you are saying but i personally believe his buying and selling history says he is an outstanding seller and buyer that i myself wouldnt question his integrity until he proved me wrong

My point was not to question the seller's integrity. 

My point was to show that from eBay's perspective, it is impossible to tell who is lying. 

And since eBay offers the buyer a money back guarantee, they are going to side with the buyer. 

I'm not saying what eBay does it fair or right. I'm just explaining what eBay does.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Unfair feedback

i know you were not knocking him and  just telling him the official ebay line.  ebay has a tendency to alienate their best sellers and buyers sometimes.   the OP should be the type of seller ebay tries to retain, if they cared at all.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Unfair feedback

No sense discussing the feedback since it's a moot point.

How about putting a positive twist on things?

I love your reply.  Perfect!  I would have no hesitation buying from you. 

Don't let the 1% of a-holes discourage you form selling here. 99% of the buyers here are fair and honest. 

Good luck in the future and stay safe!

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Unfair feedback

I called Ebay and told them.  They did nothing.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply