cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pokemon cards

do sellers get scamed on pokemon cards? we send new one and buyer is claiming he received damaged one? thanks 

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

pokemon cards

Sellers can get scammed for anything 

Not saying the buyer is scamming because you did not provide much information 

Did the buyer say it was damaged in the mail?

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

pokemon cards

i know we sent new one, and buyer send pictures with scratches on the back of the card, not our card for sure

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

pokemon cards

this was our first card, so i am learning new low

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

pokemon cards

That is unfortunate.  Same thing happens for baseball trading cards, cameras, smart phones, clothing, ceramic figurines..... shall I list fifty more examples of how selling on-line is worse than brick & mortar?

I would request a return of the original item, not the scratched one.  See how they respond.  

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

pokemon cards

"this was our first card, so i am learning new low"

I looked at your fabulous listings and figured you sold the card for perhaps a son or daughter?  My suggestion if you are helping a kid earn a little money is to buy all of them directly from your kid and make them 'disappear' at a thrift shop.  Selling inexpensive kids items to other kids is rife with disappointment on many levels and isn't worth risking your ebay reputation.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

pokemon cards

Even though possible, it is very unlikely for a $3.75 card. Ebay tracks buyer returns and a scammer would not want to use one up for such a low cost. It would also cost them more in gas returning the card than scamming would be worth.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

pokemon cards

@jayjaspersgarage 

Totally agree with your post Jay.

@teenagetreasurehunter 

You have very beautiful items up for sale, Pokemon cards? I take it this wasn't a very expensive card? It might just behoove you just to refund, block buyer and move on, somethings aren't worth the headache.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

pokemon cards

What magic powers did you use to deduce the card sold for $3.75?

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

pokemon cards

Pokemon can be some big money sales, which brings out the scammers (much like with sport cards). You might consider getting that 2012 Pokemon Black & White Dragons Exalted graded by PSA--one graded a 9 MINT is currently listed for $899 (which is ridiculously high--but one graded 8 sold two weeks ago for $230). There's a complete 1999 Pokemon set with all 103 cards graded PSA 10 listed on another auction site that has a current high bid of $405,000. Silly money is being spent right now if the collectible cards market--and plenty of scammers in the mix.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

pokemon cards

@bangordiscount 

go to the seller's listings page and select "sold listings" from the lefthand menu

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

pokemon cards

Buyers can scam you for anything here on eBay.  Although it tends to be for higher ticket items some people will send you their trash back just because they can.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

pokemon cards

@teenagetreasurehunter wrote:

do sellers get scamed on pokemon cards? we send new one and buyer is claiming he received damaged one? thanks 

Generally speaking, any buyer can steal any item from any seller at any time by filing a frudulent dispute.

And since there are 1.5 billion listings on eBay, I suspect it would hard to name an item that sellers do NOT get scammed on. 

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

pokemon cards

yes you get scammed on low end and high end on such:

Kids be a purchasing them...

Best advice if low refund, and put them on your blocked bidders list.

Note: they do not have to show you damage to an item......just claim it.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

pokemon cards

I wouldn't be too quick to blame the buyer as a scammer. I don't sell Pokemon cards but do sell other sports cards and this market wants cards in pack fresh condition. If your cards were not properly stored or protected in a penny sleeve and toploader, your buyer may be completely being honest. Not saying all buyers are good but I have had a very little problems with cards. Many cards that look mint to some may be far from it to others. 

Message 15 of 17
latest reply