cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TurboLister is Retiring July 2020

I just got this message and I wanted to make sure as many people see it as possible.  I'm saddened by this news as no matter what Ebay is saying, the Seller Hub does not have enough features to replace the main uses of TL.  For me I am very unhappy by this news.

Starting July 2020, we will stop supporting Turbo Lister. Downloads of the Turbo Lister listing tool in the US have not been available since 2017.

Because many eBay sellers continue to rely on Turbo Lister to list items quickly and easily, we want to give you plenty of time to transition to other listing options. We’ve already integrated many popular Turbo Lister features in Seller Hub to support you during the change.

We’re committed to providing you with the best tools and functionality possible, and we’re working diligently to develop a solution that will enable you to continue to list on eBay with maximum ease and efficiency. The new solution will offer many of the same popular Turbo Lister features and functionality, including the ability to manage and edit listings offline. We’ll let you know when it is available.

In the meantime, many Turbo Lister features are available in Seller Hub at no cost. You can bulk list, edit, and manage your listings from the Active Listings tab. You also have the option of using other eBay bulk listing tools such as File Exchange. Learn more.

We appreciate your business.
Thank you for selling on eBay.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 1 of 179
latest reply
178 REPLIES 178

Re: TurboLister is Retiring July 2020

@papermoneyforme wrote:

@vintage-car-magazines wrote:

@wvdisney wrote:

Zamo-Zuan,

Mandatory functionality for a Turbo Lister replacement:

1.  Must be an offline listing tool so you can create and store items for months before uploading them.

2.  Must have the ability to create folders to store listings in. (example...Jan listings, Feb listings, etc)

3.  A simple, one-page interface would be outstanding.  Be able to do EVERYTHING to list an item all on one page, without having to click to open up additional pop-up windows.  Pull down-menus for shipping options, etc.

4.  Ability to upload items and schedule for a future start date - that's a great feature of Turbo Lister.

5.  Simplicity and ease of use would be the key.  It doesn't have to be fancy and loaded down with bells and whistles...just something that works and is stable.  

6.  Not sure what your back end would be?  SQL express?  Access?  Something that folks could fix/troubleshoot if things go wrong would be nice.

SixBit does all of that and more. It's not free like TurboLister was but it's very reasonably priced at only $20.

I have thousands and thousands items (every item I've ever listed) that are all there with their title, images, item specifics, description, pricing and sales history. When I get another one to sell, it's a quick update (if any), add the inventory and the item ready to list again. Bulk changes are a breeze. I can change shipping rates, pricing etc on a thousand items in a minute or less. The time it saves me is worth the price alone.

You can see more details here https://ebaylistingtoolreview.weebly.com/

We know you like six bit, but please tell us how the small seller is supposed to cover another $20 in fees with very few sales.

Do you get multiple site capabilities, multiple ID's, etc for your $20

On that plan you can have up to 2 IDs on one site. There are other options that include more sites and more IDs as well as additional functionality.

It's not a solution for everyone but it's been great for me. If a $20 tool can't help you increase your sales, across two IDs, enough to cover $20 then it's not a good fit for you. They offer a 30-day free trial so you have the option to test it out with no risk.

VintageCarMagazines

Message 106 of 179
latest reply

@wvdisney wrote:

I’ve used Sixbit in the past when eBay was dumping Turbo Lister the first time, a few years ago.  It was a minor learning curve but a very decent tool, similar to Turbo Lister.

My issue was photos. I’d say out of 100 listings, on average 10-20 would fail to upload the photos with them.  It’s very time consuming to go back, find the correct photos and revise all those listings. No rhyme or reason why it happened, no pattern I could detect. 

perhaps that issue has been fixed. Out of the couple tools I checked out, Sixbit was the best so that’s what I’d go back to.  But I’m really hoping eBay offers an updated replacement by July. 

Sorry to hear that you had that experience. All I can say is that I've been using SixBit for years and I've never experienced missing photos.

I did run into an unrelated issue and submitted a support ticket. When their instruction didn't solve it, they set up a phone call and a remote session where they found the problem and fixed it. I can't remember what it was but I think it was something that I had done, like entering a user ID with a space at the end or something silly like that.

If you end up using them again, I hope it goes more smoothly for you.

VintageCarMagazines

Message 107 of 179
latest reply

Hi everyone. I also have built my business in TL. There are currently no good alternatives and we have all suffered other setbacks and obsolencenses of our work before. I won't go into detail - been at it since 2006. Turbo lister was only designed for 300 listings max.

Message 108 of 179
latest reply

@lisa_sweet_peas_vintage wrote:

Hi everyone. I also have built my business in TL. There are currently no good alternatives and we have all suffered other setbacks and obsolencenses of our work before. I won't go into detail - been at it since 2006. Turbo lister was only designed for 300 listings max.

That increased over time.  It is now around 2,000+ .  Which is why it is important to compact data often and get rid of what you don't need anymore.

@lisa_sweet_peas_vintage 

Message 109 of 179
latest reply

Spoiler
Yes, compacting, removing old tacked on content from uploading. Duplicates, all kinds of hacks over the years. Now where are we? I have been racking my brain really for over two years now. I don't build a lot in TL anymore and mainly use the drafts feature right on ebay or the mobile app. I am going to give Supreme Lister a try. Good luck to everyone.
Message 110 of 179
latest reply

@lisa_sweet_peas_vintage wrote:
Spoiler
Yes, compacting, removing old tacked on content from uploading. Duplicates, all kinds of hacks over the years. Now where are we? I have been racking my brain really for over two years now. I don't build a lot in TL anymore and mainly use the drafts feature right on ebay or the mobile app. I am going to give Supreme Lister a try. Good luck to everyone.

What hacks??  Ebay had big one back in 2014.  But I don't think there has been any since.  Certainly not of that size.  Now I know some sellers have been hacked since that time, but that was not on the Ebay level, that was on the Seller level.  Meaning they didn't hack Ebay, they hacked the seller.

@lisa_sweet_peas_vintage 

Message 111 of 179
latest reply

Looks like SixBit is the new Ebay-sponsored solution for Turbo Lister users according to this article.

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/2020/02/18/ebay-offers-sellers-an-alternative-to-turbo-lister/

They're doing a 6 month free trial for their "Turbo Lister version" of Sixbit, and $14.99/mo after that, so that's a reduced price from their previous cheapest $19.99/mo version.

While I was hoping for Ebay to come out with a paid but more stable, up to date version of Turbo Lister, this version of Sixbit "Turbo Lister edition" seems like a very reasonable alternative.

Message 112 of 179
latest reply

@wvdisney wrote:

Looks like SixBit is the new Ebay-sponsored solution for Turbo Lister users according to this article.

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/2020/02/18/ebay-offers-sellers-an-alternative-to-turbo-lister/

They're doing a 6 month free trial for their "Turbo Lister version" of Sixbit, and $14.99/mo after that, so that's a reduced price from their previous cheapest $19.99/mo version.

While I was hoping for Ebay to come out with a paid but more stable, up to date version of Turbo Lister, this version of Sixbit "Turbo Lister edition" seems like a very reasonable alternative.

Yes, Ebay has been recommending Six Bits for a long time.  But my hope was the same as yours.  That they would come out with their own updated version of TurboLister.

I am also hoping that at the Town Meeting tomorrow this is discussed.  Hopefully lots of members will come.

Message 113 of 179
latest reply

It is almost cheaper for many sellers,  to take an Ebay store or upgrade the store than to pay for a listing program.

For Canadians who never get told what is going on, that is almost 20 per month with the exchange.

Message 114 of 179
latest reply

@papermoneyforme wrote:

It is almost cheaper for many sellers,  to take an Ebay store or upgrade the store than to pay for a listing program.

For Canadians who never get told what is going on, that is almost 20 per month with the exchange.

@papermoneyforme 

What would that gain you?  I'm not aware of a listing program available to certain levels of stores?  What are you referring to and what store level would you have to have?

Message 115 of 179
latest reply

at the Town Meeting tomorrow this is discussed

@mam98031 

Town Hall is on the 25th.......don't want you hanging around waiting for it.......

Message 116 of 179
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

@mam98031 

Town Hall is on the 25th.......don't want you hanging around waiting for it.......

Thank you, sorry, it's been a LONG day.  I don't know why I said that, I knew better.  Thank you again for cleaning that up for me.

Message 117 of 179
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@papermoneyforme wrote:

@papermoneyforme 

What would that gain you?  I'm not aware of a listing program available to certain levels of stores?  What are you referring to and what store level would you have to have?

Instead of paying 15 for a listing program and still only being able to list 50 items, take a basic store for 22 and list 250 or possibly 500 items by just using the listing from, drafts, and good till cancelled listings.

Which will make to most business sense to a lot of sellers?

Canada is even worse because the 15 equates to almost 20 Canadian which would pay for a store.

Or pay 1/3 of a premium store and list 1000, or 1500 items.

I really think Ebay is thinking this way as well to line their own pockets

@mam98031 

Message 118 of 179
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

@mam98031 

Maybe or maybe not. On the chat Ebay said it would not be discussed further as it does not affect that many sellers.

Message 119 of 179
latest reply

@papermoneyforme wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@papermoneyforme wrote:

@papermoneyforme 

Instead of paying 15 for a listing program and still only being able to list 50 items, take a basic store for 22 and list 250 or possibly 500 items by just using the listing from, drafts, and good till cancelled listings.

Which will make to most business sense to a lot of sellers?

Canada is even worse because the 15 equates to almost 20 Canadian which would pay for a store.

Or pay 1/3 of a premium store and list 1000, or 1500 items.

I really think Ebay is thinking this way as well to line their own pockets

@mam98031 

Have you used TL?  It is so much more than just a listing tool.  There isn't a store level that gain you anything towards more drafts or anything in Ebay to make up for the lost of TL.  

However a listing tool for a casual seller [someone that sticks to their 50 free] that you have to pay for is not likely a good idea unless you have high end items or you rotate your stock so much that you need to hang onto those listings beyond 90 days that aren't currently listed.

But no matter how you look at it, changing your store level isn't going to gain you anything on this specific subject of the loss of TL.

Message 120 of 179
latest reply