cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking not validated and uploaded on time? Dashboard report has shocked me. Something is unfair.

I was just shocked looking at my seller dashboard.  I had 13 transactions out of the last 261 marked as tracking not validated or uploaded on time.  Shocking because I always ship the next day or even same day.  I'm extremely diligent about that.  Ridiculously diligent and proud of it.  Now my percentage is down to 95 (under 90 and I lose my TRS status)..  I can't remember one single package that I didn't ship immediately.  I go to the Post Office 6 days a week.  Can some one enlighten me as to how this might have happened?   What's going on here?  If I"m already shipping immediately, what recourse do I have to solve this mystery?  I don't know how I could do anything better.  I'm already a perfectionist and freak out when any single transactions has a problem.  I'm a control freak over my shipping.  My customers give me highest marks for shipping time.  Why did this happen to me?

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Tracking not validated and uploaded on time? Dashboard report has shocked me. Something is unf

@zlygophemous wrote:

david*42 wrote: 

And even if the pickup carrier has no scanner, there's one at the PO when he gets back there with the packages.

But they still have to pick up the scanner and use it, and often they don't. (Believe me. I used to work for USPS. Thank goodness that's behind me!) Even if you go to the counter, watch them scan it in, and get a receipt back, sometimes it STILL doesn't get into the system until after it is scanned again somewhere else. I've seen it as both a shipper and a postal clerk.

ons goes out the same day on the same truck!

I've had that happen, but even when it does, when it finally makes its way into the system, the acceptance scan reflects the actual timestamp when it was scanned.  There have been a few times when I got the scan one day but the tracking didn't upload until the wee hours of the next morning when it reached the local sort facility-- however, the acceptance scan reflected the actual date and time I got it scanned at the PO.

Message 16 of 33
latest reply

Re: Tracking not validated and uploaded on time? Dashboard report has shocked me. Something is unf

I mentioned this on another post and was immediately chastised for not doing enough to please eBay.  That, when I had combined two separate sales into one, and had only one tracking number, in addition must sacrifice to the GOD eBay and put the tracking number in both items.  Adding additional mindless steps for NO REASON AT ALL except to PLEASE eBay.

Pleasing the buyer not required or even considered.

I have noticed that eBay is now blaming sellers for low sales, and not their insane policies, their lack of site stability.

Message 17 of 33
latest reply

I would think that entering the tracking number on the second item would be pleasing to your customers.  Otherwise, how do they know you are shipping the items together?

Message 18 of 33
latest reply

I have recently found that there is a glitch in the system I myself ship 6 days a week with one day handling time and am also very diligent. I have found that if I look on my PC the time of the sale for example could be paid for on Jan 1 at 11:45 pm but according to the app on my phone it was paid for on Jan 2 at 12:15 and if I go to PayPal it will say Jan 2 12:15, I call ask how this is possible have to talk to a handful of people that dont understand or don't want to understand and then when one finally does they tell me they can not remove the defect anyway and have to wait for the tech team or back office to remove them. I was at 100 percent and am know down to 97 percent and it is no fault of my own. I ask how long it will take to fix the glitch or someone to get back to from me from the tech team and no one can answer that, it has been around a month now. In general the customer service has just been terribly poor. I have spent hours of my time on the phone and no solution.  I put my best foot forward to provide the best customer service to my Ebay customers, what is so hard about Ebay putting there best foot forward to provide the best customer service to there selllers using the platform?

Message 19 of 33
latest reply

What's so scary here is if you have a lot of sales on the 18th or 19th and Ebay data is not up to date on evaluation date the 20th. One's rating can drop and good luck in getting the damage repaired by Ebay.
Message 20 of 33
latest reply

@oaklandmaryland wrote:
What's so scary here is if you have a lot of sales on the 18th or 19th and Ebay data is not up to date on evaluation date the 20th. One's rating can drop and good luck in getting the damage repaired by Ebay.

The evaluation is for the PREVIOUS month, not the current month. For example June evaluation is for 1 May-31 May. June's evaluation is 20 July.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 21 of 33
latest reply

The evaluation on the 20th of each month is bsed on the prevous 3 full calendar months.  You can see this on your dashboard.  The evaluation on June 20 was based on March 1 - May 31.

Message 22 of 33
latest reply

Happening to me too! I always ship immediately upon payment. If USPS doesn't scan when they pickup then this happens.
Message 23 of 33
latest reply

I just received one hit for tracking not uploaded on  time even though in PayPal it states a tracking number.  I have been 100% for months and I'm also on top of my tracking and standing in line at the post office daily.  I truly believe there is a glitch in ebay's system with this.  I had the same thing with one of my other stores. Made repeated calls to the seller's departments (many of them) where I was transferred from one dept to another, and talked to many many agents at eBay,  and even received a case number and was assured that something would be done and the "hit" removed butI I  it never was.     It's been two months now and it still shows up on my performance dashboard.   After 3 months the hits disappear. I think they only show for 3 months at a time from date of discrepancy.   I've given up frustrating myself.  We the seller cannot change the system and no matter how perfect we do everything, one "ding" in the seller's performance  always shows up. 

Message 24 of 33
latest reply

there has to be a glitch in eBays' system somwhere

Message 25 of 33
latest reply

none of the discrepancies ever get removed from ebay.  I've been on the phone with them before, for hours, even given a case number and assured the discrepancy would be removed, but two months later, it still shows.  I've given up fighting this issue with eBay.

Message 26 of 33
latest reply

@drumzrus wrote:

I couldn't agree more. This is a bogus metric and it is wasting an inordinate amount of time for me, and I'm sure many other eBay sellers. I offer one day shipping and religiously ship every order possible 7 days a week. I get 6 daily pickups a week but I'm still packing 7 days a week. This metric consistantly shows up in the 91% range and has me worried to death about losing my 20% discount on final value fees. That's about $200 a month, and I've lost it before due to other metrics out of my control not being met. The most recent report shows I have an impossible 81 transactions for which tracking was not uploaded on time or not scanned. That's absolutely impossible. I even called eBay and spent an hour discussing a dozen transactions I was quickly able to identify. I was told they would be removed from the report and I was going to get a call back verifying that. Neither occurred.  

I recently started using the bulk shipping tool to combat this metric. What a joke. I'm trying to make my postal carrier's life easier at the expense of making mine a lot more difficult. But I'm sick and tired of seeing items with zero scans. One of these packages was recently lost with it's $150 of contents. I lost an eBay case and USPS refused to reimburse. So I lost not only the contents, but had to pay for the shipping. Hence the bulk shipping tool. It now takes at least an hour a day longer to use this tool which is riddled with bugs, crashes routinely causing a loss of all the edits for weights, alternate boxes like Regional A, B and other flat rate options, forcing you me to spend another 10 minutes trying to figure out what info was reset. It's been known to crash three times on a single days packages. We used to simply grab an order, pack it, print a label and set it with all the other package. Now we must pack as many as 40 orders at a time, manually label each with the contents and weight, and then use the bulk shipping tool. We print 40 labels and then have to find which box gets what label. It's like playing concentration. We tried putting them in order one day, but the labels come out in different order depending on whether the old bulk shipping tool is used or the new tool. If you have any packages shipping via the eBay Global Shipping Program (GSP), eBay automatically selects the new tool for use, as the old tool won't include GSP orders. if you don't have any GSP orders, you automatically use the old tool. I haven't figured out a way to always use the same tool, so we don't know in what order the labels will print. It's a night mare. I've been doing this for 16 years, and these new metrics are more than burdensome. Is having 99.9% positivie feedback enough proof that we are doing a stellar job? And since when does 3,999 out of 4,000  round to 99.9%? It rounds to 100% everywhere except on eBay. Who has time for this nonsense?

Bogus metric? Trust me... it won't look like a bogus metric for eBay when they use it to increase profits when they need a boost.

Just wait. eBay never kept track of ANYTHING that they couldn't use to cost sellers... retroactively.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 27 of 33
latest reply

I THINK I may know what is going on with all of these late tracking uploaded issues. You guys might want to see if this is your issue, too.

We opted into guaranteed delivery last week. We have 1 day handling and always have. I noticed this Tuesday (October 3) that all of the tracking uploaded was marked "uploaded late" for all our orders from last Friday and Saturday (Sep 29 and 30) and then all orders from Sunday (October 1) despite the fact we shipped all FRI/SAT/SUN on Monday and all tracking was uploaded on time. I called Ebay and they see the tracking was indeed uploaded on Monday the 2nd. We have not changed a thing regarding how we upload tracking and we have NEVER had an issue. I did notice the acceptance scan for our Monday shipments did not occur until after 12am Tuesday Ebay time (which is normal at our post office). Regardless, as many have pointed out (and as it clearly says on the Ebay page for valid tracking), that does not matter....as long as tracking was UPLOADED, you are good.

Fast forward to today....our updated dashboard now has 75% of our October shipments as uploaded late and 25% on time even though ALL were uploaded within the 1 handling day.

What I believe is happening is that if you opt into guaranteed delivery you not only need to upload tracking within your handling time but it says the packages need to be SCANNED within that handling time (again, scan time was irrelevant under the old system). Thus, even though guaranteed delivery and it's search is not even rolled out to buyers yet...I believe they are already grading based on this if you are opted in. No one ever said anything about this or we would have waited to opt in or not opted in at all.....

Of course, this will likely cost us TRS status but was assured by CS to call in and appeal it and all should be fine if we lose it.

Message 28 of 33
latest reply

I have the same problem, but I have been watching mine for over a month and it never uploaded.  And of course I am being punished for something I did not do. I want my top seller back.

Message 29 of 33
latest reply

@midwestmotoring wrote:

I THINK I may know what is going on with all of these late tracking uploaded issues. You guys might want to see if this is your issue, too.

We opted into guaranteed delivery last week. We have 1 day handling and always have. I noticed this Tuesday (October 3) that all of the tracking uploaded was marked "uploaded late" for all our orders from last Friday and Saturday (Sep 29 and 30) and then all orders from Sunday (October 1) despite the fact we shipped all FRI/SAT/SUN on Monday and all tracking was uploaded on time. I called Ebay and they see the tracking was indeed uploaded on Monday the 2nd. We have not changed a thing regarding how we upload tracking and we have NEVER had an issue. I did notice the acceptance scan for our Monday shipments did not occur until after 12am Tuesday Ebay time (which is normal at our post office). Regardless, as many have pointed out (and as it clearly says on the Ebay page for valid tracking), that does not matter....as long as tracking was UPLOADED, you are good.

Fast forward to today....our updated dashboard now has 75% of our October shipments as uploaded late and 25% on time even though ALL were uploaded within the 1 handling day.

What I believe is happening is that if you opt into guaranteed delivery you not only need to upload tracking within your handling time but it says the packages need to be SCANNED within that handling time (again, scan time was irrelevant under the old system). Thus, even though guaranteed delivery and it's search is not even rolled out to buyers yet...I believe they are already grading based on this if you are opted in. No one ever said anything about this or we would have waited to opt in or not opted in at all.....

Of course, this will likely cost us TRS status but was assured by CS to call in and appeal it and all should be fine if we lose it.

I hate to post to a necrothread, but it's always been that you had to have the scan within your handling time, GD or not.