cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Rated to Below Standard with 100% Positive Feedback!

EBay has given me below standard rating, even though I have been a seller for 12 years and have 100% positive feedback.  The negatives were a couple of cancellations and giving refunds that I did not understand would negatively impact me.  I am such a small seller that I probably cannot bring my rating up anytime soon.

It is ironic that eBay will punish you by making it harder to sell and get your rating back up. 

My buyers who filed cases (one broke her item and decided to file item not as described) and another's did not fit so filed a case (item not as described) even though the item was exactly as described.  Me not knowing just offered her a full refund rather than fight and was penalized for it.

It is clear that eBay has no loyalty whatsoever and cannot decide on a case by case basis when a seller does not deserve this rating.  

I am putting all of my vintage items on Etsy and all of my books on Amazon and will be looking into Tradesy, Bonanza etc for the rest.  Sellers, don't put all your eggs in one basket because eBay will not support you even though you are supporting this billion dollar enterprise.

There are tons of videos online of people who have migrated to Amazon.  They are crushing the resale market, especially in books, videos and games, dvd, cd, etc.

Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: Top Rated to Below Standard with 100% Positive Feedback!

I have similar experience with these fools.  They make their money off of us sellers and offer ZERO SUPPORT.  We need to help create a serious competitor as this company contiunes to burn the people off who's hard work they earn their income!!!!

Message 46 of 53
latest reply

For "small" sellers and "hobbyist" sellers this is unfair...and I believe it is one of eBay's methods used to push sellers into lowering their already low prices in order to make the sales necessary to keep this "above standard" rating!!! Sellers who aren't selling much aren't making eBay any money!!! EBay will tell sellers who are under threat of losing thier "above standard" level that all they have to do is increase their sales performance...which for many sellers means lowering their prices to next to nothing in order to keep this "above standard" rating attached to their store/account!!! If your feedback is 100% and your customers are happy with their purchases then perhaps eBay's "above standard" rating isn't really all that important (-:

Message 47 of 53
latest reply

Top Rated to Below Standard with 100% Positive Feedback!

That is because feedback percentage has nothing to do with seller status. 

It is ironic that eBay will punish you by making it harder to sell and get your rating back up. 

IMHO it's not irony - they do not really want you to get your rating back. 

Message 48 of 53
latest reply

Sorry all. I didn't realize someone had resurrected a necro-topic. 

Message 49 of 53
latest reply

That has to be one of the most inane and most poorly thought out statements I have ever read.

Message 50 of 53
latest reply

Message 51 of 53
latest reply

Excellent advice and a cogent analysis.
Message 52 of 53
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 53 of 53
latest reply