cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to put a fork in me

I am beyond upset at the moment. I think I am done with eBay for good now.

Got a neutral today because I shipped something to someone because it was lost by USPS. I handled it quite well when they told me. Refunded their money right away and sent replacement next day at no cost to them. I am beyond words at the moment.

Some people you can never please it seems.

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Time to put a fork in me

In retail, you can't satisfy everyone! Don't toss the towell on a neutral. 

Hang in there!!!

😎🙏😁✌️

Message 2 of 34
latest reply

Time to put a fork in me

Gosh so upset. Had a brain freeze. Did not refund and sent replacement next day.

Have strep throat/sinus infection so feeling horrible that way. And cleaning up from a tornado so this was cherry on top of the sundae.

Message 3 of 34
latest reply

Time to put a fork in me

Ah I see it, sorry..I wouldnt worry about it. Good response.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 4 of 34
latest reply

Time to put a fork in me

A neutral has no effect on your score, and anyone reading their comment (and your good informative reply) can see this transaction doesn't put the slightest risk to your reputation whatsoever.  

Tons of buyers don't think of neutral feedback as bad, I mean the word NEUTRAL means neither bad nor good.  As to why they think they have to leave any feedback at all, who knows, but this one was definitely not expressing a complaint.  Who says you didn't please them?  

If they were even slightly irritated it might be because they had to wait a lot longer than they expected to receiver their item, but they're not accusing you of waiting too long to act or anything (which some buyers WOULD).  

This isn't even a straw, so why let it break the camel's back???

Message 5 of 34
latest reply

Time to put a fork in me

Great reply to that neutral.

I's just a neutral. Don't let it bother you.

I'll tell you what, I'll trade you for one of MY neutrals?

Neutral:  Thank you

Neutral: It was a gift and arrived early   

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 6 of 34
latest reply

Time to put a fork in me

JEEZ, you're a TRS with 99.6% feedback, and 4200 sales under your belt!   PLEASE have a bubble bath, some cocoa, pour a little something in it if need be.  I don't know you but I know someone having a bad day beyond a meaningless neutral when I see one.  Girl you're gonna feel better tomorrow, I promise.  

Wait a minute 

Hang on 

Was this a parody post???

Message 7 of 34
latest reply

Time to put a fork in me

Some buyers are never happy.

Are you serious "I think I am done with eBay"...I read the neutral feedback as well as all possible future sellers will see the feedback for something under 3 bucks.

Neutral feedbacks are meaningless to a seller...but can hurt a buyer since everyone can read them.

I did the exact same thing you did and never heard from the buyer ever again. I blocked the buyer of course.

My buyer got upset because I refunded them. And then I sent another out without telling the buyer. And still no response.

Would I give up from selling because of a 2 bucks purchase? As you can see I am still here. Yelp..my buyer made a 2 dollar purchase stating never received...got a refund...sent another one...and I got ghosted...and I got a negative feedback!

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

Time to put a fork in me

I personally would not be able to handle the stress of item selling for $2.35 having that much power over my emotions.   My time is more valuable and my wellbeing is important than that.

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

Time to put a fork in me

@ellenshideout 

Is everyone OK? That had to be scary.

Message 10 of 34
latest reply

Time to put a fork in me

@inhawaii wrote:

Great reply to that neutral.

I's just a neutral. Don't let it bother you.

I'll tell you what, I'll trade you for one of MY neutrals?

Neutral:  Thank you

Neutral: It was a gift and arrived early   

"WOW I love this, it's even prettier than the pictures!  And it arrived so fast the seller must have flying reindeer.  She is also the friendliest and most helpful seller I have ever done business with.  I'll definitely be back to buy again.  Don't hesitate to buy from Gurlcat, she's the best!"  

-That's the one I want, because people are far more likely to read neutrals than positives.  Heck even a negative, better yet.  🤣

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

Time to put a fork in me

@ellenshideout wrote:

I am beyond upset at the moment. I think I am done with eBay for good now.

Got a neutral today because I shipped something to someone because it was lost by USPS. I handled it quite well when they told me. Refunded their money right away and sent replacement next day at no cost to them. I am beyond words at the moment.

They'll be cool when they get their free replacement. Wait for that to arrive and reach out to tell them you made the situation right and would they be willing to revise their neutral FB. Most will do it, and lots of people leave neutrals because they don't think they're going to get anything from you, so this is their last action in the transaction.

If you make things right and fix their issue, they should be willing to revise. I've even had some that contacted me first to ask if they could revise because they didn't expect me to listen to their concerns.

C.

Message 12 of 34
latest reply

Time to put a fork in me

@ellenshideout wrote:

Gosh so upset. Had a brain freeze. Did not refund and sent replacement next day.

Have strep throat/sinus infection so feeling horrible that way. And cleaning up from a tornado so this was cherry on top of the sundae.

Once they get the replacement it will be fine. Just keep tabs on the package and reach out when they've had it for a few days.

It will be OK, a neutral isn't the end of the world (says a person who would get very upset about one that wasn't actually my fault).

C.

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

Time to put a fork in me

@ellenshideout wrote:

At the risk of piling on - you have four other Neutrals AND three Negs in just the past year so I dont see why this particular Neutral made such an impact on you. I would say that it sounds like the mildest complaint of the lot.

Others have given good advice on how you might salvage the bad feedback by asking the buyer to revise it (AFTER you have addressed their complaint). It is probably too late for the older complaints but it is something you may want to keep in mind going forward.

Message 14 of 34
latest reply

Time to put a fork in me

I wouldn't worry  about  that neutral , Because   I have    39  of them  , left   by  some real nutty  buyers   from over the years of selling.

Message 15 of 34
latest reply