cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Board is really getting out of hand with some really nasty people

On occasion, I check this forum to see if there is anything interesting.  It is really getting out of control with the same posters who constantly make sarcastic immature comments.  There are some newer ebay sellers who ask some basic questions and the same so called "Rock Stars and Superstars" can't wait to pounce and just mock the sellers who are looking for help. 

One the other hand, we do have some seasoned veterans on this forum who truly contribute to this forum with great insights. 

It is a shame that something that was created to provide discussion on ebay matters, has turned into entertainment for the purpose of a few who are just sitting and waiting for some novice seller to ask a question.

Message 1 of 179
latest reply
178 REPLIES 178

I only make mature sarcastic comments.

Message 2 of 179
latest reply

Interesting viewpoint. As I have said in the past, this board serves as some sort of therapy for my brain. I learn by solving problems I see here. But I still contend that when people blame everything on everyone but themselves, it is difficult to convey that to them without some 'tough love.'

Coddling and sympathy for stupidity rarely is productive.

Message 3 of 179
latest reply

Are you sure this was "created to provide discussion on ebay matters," or was it created to cover for a lack of any real customer service?  This is what you get when "customer service" is left to a bunch of untrained people who don't work for the company.

Message 4 of 179
latest reply

@luxgoods  - I have not seen any nasty people or comments here.

I also am not looking for those comments or reading more into it then necessary.

You may be correct that people are sarcastic and mean at times.

I chose to go right on past those comments and not to give them attention, since thats what they are looking for.

This is also up to interpretation. What you consider "nasty", others may not.

Sometimes being direct and not agreeing with the poster can be seen as mean but ... its not.

On every post there is a drop down on the right. (an Arrow) where you can report inappropriate content. A sight admin will look and see if it is against any of the boards guidelines.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 5 of 179
latest reply

There are also a lot of people that come here looking for verification of their opinion and when actual facts are given, lash out at the ones that dare post actual facts not fitting with the OPs opinion. 

I have also noticed a lot of posts, lacking any real information given by the OP to get help or serve nothing more as bait for responses, fake posts. 

Message 6 of 179
latest reply

I don't consider the flood of amazon 'dropshippers' as novice sellers.

The few legitimate ones that are actually trying to learn do deserve respectful answers.

Some new sellers need a firm hand to set them straight.

I might be ruder to people who have to constantly push political ideologies and can't help themselves from keeping that off the forums.

I'm sorry if my posts have offended you.

Message 7 of 179
latest reply

Thank you for reminding us that respect, kindness, and common courtesy are important. 

Message 8 of 179
latest reply

You get back what you give on the boards.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 9 of 179
latest reply

All forms of internet chats have their " trolls ".    It's always been don't feed the trolls.    The mods should  warn and remove such users.

Message 10 of 179
latest reply

I'll take the appropriate action.

Message 11 of 179
latest reply

I have learned so much and received some valuable assistance from the experienced and kind board members who are dedicated mentors. I am impressed by their patience and effort to guide people through some complicated situations. Sometimes they are firm and that is fair as they are only trying to point out the most advisable way to solve a problem. The boards are monitored by eBay and when a discussion gets heated, or comments cross the line often eBay will intervene and take steps to calm things down - users can also report conversations. 

I skip over comments that are not productive. I just figure some people have a need for attention - rude, sarcastic and demeaning comments don't help anyone and are best ignored. 

Message 12 of 179
latest reply

Just like the UK forum I've found the .com forum members generally friendly and easy going. Yes posters have different styles. Some being jokey and some blunt in their answers. Can't say I've seen any nastiness.

Message 13 of 179
latest reply

If you think there are "nasties" here now (or the past 10 years) you were not here (on the boards) 20 years ago when it was truly brutal.

I started reading the boards in 2004, it wasn't until 8 years later that I worked up the courage to post on what what was then called Seller Central and then only using a posting ID.

These days it's like playing with kittens rather than entering the lions den as it was back then.

Message 14 of 179
latest reply

The 'feedie' board was the worst..its was terrifying to post on there, their reputation proceeded them.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 15 of 179
latest reply