cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There have been quite a few coupons lately are there more to come?

I have been selling since 2015 but I never really bought anything off ebay til recently so I have just noticed all the coupon codes that ebay is making available. Is this coupon wave normal for every new season? And since Spring has just begun is it safe to assume there will be more coupons coming in the next week or so?

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: There have been quite a few coupons lately are there more to come?

There have been a very unusual amount of coupons this month (lately)~ that is definitely not the norm.  This month is the end of the first quarter.

As for more coupons, your guess is as good as anyone's, but I wouldn't say it was safe to assume.  You know what they say happens when you assume.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Assuming what E bay will do or will not do and when- the odds  should be consider the same as winning a  lotto in my thinking.  

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Personally, I think you are being a tad bit optimistic, regarding the odds.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

I too think all the coupons were to boost their 1st quarter numbers. We'll see some coupons in the future to spur sales of spring items and clothing but I don't think we'll see as many coupons as we have this month.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

I don't ever remember a wave of coupons and promotions like this happening before. eBay must be doing some heavy research in this wave of promos. The promos have been working though.  On the selling end I've noticed increased sales on my end. On the buying end, well, I'm sitting on $500 in eBay bucks right now Smiley Surprised

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

I've been here since '01 or so and have never seen a sitewide coupon like those.  The 20% one was the first.  There have been a number of other coupons like $10 off $50 and $15 off $75 as well as some seller specific ones, but never such wide open ones.  Many of us believe the company is in more financial trouble than they're willing to let on and is desperate for sales numbers.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 7 of 23
latest reply

@chipper01workwrote:

On the buying end, well, I'm sitting on $500 in eBay bucks right now Smiley Surprised

Never signed up for that but if you don't want them ....   sunglasses

OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 8 of 23
latest reply

I think the company is in big trouble.  Younger people are finding other venues in which to shop.  Retail has been slow since 08 it is like watching paint dry now.  Ebay wants me to give my stuff away where I can't afford to.  The coupons are helping me buy stuff.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Yes, likely the first quarter numbers were looking iffy and they needed to goose sales.  

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

@threshold.sales.groupwrote:

Yes, likely the first quarter numbers were looking iffy and they needed to goose sales.  

Of course we're all speculating since they're so closed-mounthed, but if that were the case, the first 20% off should have done it, right?  That fact they had to do it three times seems to say something.

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Morning,

My experience of capitalism since the early 70's has been that no one gives away anything without a reason.

Personally I don't think folks wake up in the morning bored and then say "Why don't I just give some of my money/profit away"?

The bigger and more frequent the sales the smaller and less significant the seller is.

Mr C

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

As a buyer I love the per centage off coupons and the increased eBay bucks promotions.  However, now I find myself adding items to my watch list waiting for the  next coupon. The may have caused a sense of expectation, and disappointment if it doesn't happen.

Also, from a buyer's perspective it is very disappointing to see an auction listing  with an end time after a coupon expires. If I were a seller I would reconsider auction listings except for a very few categories.

I must admit after so many years of buying on this site the sudden appearance of so many promotions in such a short period of time makes me wonder what is going on with this company. I can see how some of you can draw the conclusion of financial problems.

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

They sure did not increase my sales on those days at all.  I used some on the buyer end but I couldn't find reasons to use one (tried to).  Resorted to loading up on shipping supplies.  And that was going to happen anyways so it did not encourage anything new.  

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

@michael_atwwrote:

I used some on the buyer end but I couldn't find reasons to use one (tried to).   

I kinda burned out my Watch List and available mad money on the 20% and the first 15%, so I didn't partake in the second 15% which was announced about an hour after I made a small purchase.

Message 15 of 23
latest reply