cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help I'm unsure

I recently listed and sold an xbox one. I first wrongly listed it as an xbox one s, after my error was pointed out I edited the listing. The error in the listing was only up for a few hours before I corrected it. No one had bid on it while it was mislisted so I figured hey no harm no foul and fixed the listing. 3 days into the auction I receive questions from buyer, answer them and buyer places bid. Buyer wins auction, pays, and I ship. Today I receive messages stating they received the Xbox and wanted a partial refund as they believed they had bid on a one s. Which I just don't believe. As I said, the listing was corrected days before the questions and subsequent bid. What should I do? Please help.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

help I'm unsure

@willialydi_0wrote:

The title and pictures were clear. I added a pic with my post for clarity. When I first posted the item, it was as an xbox one s in the title, a few hours later I corrected the title. Which was before any questions or bids. It was always correct in description and pictures.

The description on that listing - as it is right now - says that it is an xbox s. So do the item specifics.

"500 gb white Xbox one s console in good condition, power supply, .."

IMHO your listing is contradictory and you are at fault.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

help I'm unsure

When you say corrected, you mean you added the correction.

The title was still incorrect?  That is why I would have ended it and relisted, as some do not get past the title.

In this case it is up to you.  How much does he want?  And do know, he can still ask to return.

If it were me, I would apologize and tell them to return it for a refund.  Have them open SNAD, and you check return for refund.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

help I'm unsure

1) You don't have to agree to his refund request. You made the change and had it listed properly. Not your fault buyer didn't read it or look at the pictures. Sounds like buyers remorse.

2) If you offer refunds, you could offer to have the buyer send it back to you at their expense. When you receive it, check it out to make sure that it is the same one you sent (hopefully you have a picture of the serial number - buyers sometimes do scam and make the switch with a broken item).

2) Call eBay Customer Service and talk to a rep. 

Same happened to us, altho ours was a coin. Our title stated a 1921 coin. Details stated "See pictures. What you see is exactly what you will receive." The pictures showed a 1921 S coin. Buyer complained that it was "not as described" and he was expecting a plain 1921 coin, and only one picture showed the "S". CS rep took one look, saw the pictures, our listing details, and said it was clearly buyers remorse, and we could choose to receive refund or not, but either way, the buyer couldn't leave negative feedback. We choose to have buyer send the item back to us, and issued a refund, minus shipping costs.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

help I'm unsure

The title and pictures were clear. I added a pic with my post for clarity. When I first posted the item, it was as an xbox one s in the title, a few hours later I corrected the title. Which was before any questions or bids. It was always correct in description and pictures.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

help I'm unsure

OP~~You can't win this one.  You may have changed to title, but the item specifics still say it is an "S" and your detailed description states it is an "S".  The buyer was right in expecting to get an "S" and ebay will definately side with the buyer on this.  You have to pay for and send him a return label and issue a full refund when it is returned to you.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

help I'm unsure

How much shakedown money are they requesting?

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

help I'm unsure

Good catch!

@willialydi_0

As kitty pointed out, your listing still states that it is an xbox 1 s so the buyer likely purchased it thinking that is what they are getting.   Its up to you whether or not you give them just a partial refund as they requested but you could also tell them to open up a return request and return for a refund. If they do file a return request saying the the item is not as described you will have to accept the return and pay for them to ship it back to you. That is part of the ebay's money back guarantee.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

help I'm unsure

copy and paste from the completed listing shows  XBox One S

Item specifics Condition:

Used: An item that has been used previously. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully ... Read moreabout the condition

Brand: Microsoft Platform: Microsoft Xbox One S Model: Xbox One S Hard Drive Capacity: 500GB

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

help I'm unsure

you screwed up....

in your listing:

Brand: Microsoft Platform: Microsoft Xbox One S Model: Xbox One S

and: 

500 gb white Xbox one s console

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

help I'm unsure

@willialydi_0wrote:

The description on that listing - as it is right now - says that it is an xbox s. So do the item specifics.

"500 gb white Xbox one s console in good condition, power supply, .."

IMHO your listing is contradictory and you are at fault.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

help I'm unsure

Looks like the title was changed, which you can do for the 1st 12 or 24 hours if no bids, but if the buyer found it on a product page, all bets are off as to what they thought they were bidding onn if they didn't go specifically into that listing.

help I'm unsure

I think the buyer did go specifically into the listing~~that's why they thought they were going to get a "S".  OP specified in the item specifics it was an "S" and described it as an "S" in the description.  The only place the OP changed it was in the title.

The seller can change the listing beyond the LAST 12 hours of the auction if there are no bidders~~not 12-24 hours AFTER listing an item.  In the last 12 hours no changes can be made.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

help I'm unsure

If you go to your listing, you will see that it wasn't corrected. It still states that it is a Xbox 1 S
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

help I'm unsure

Actually, at the point of sale, there was more conflicting info indicating it was an S than there was indicating it was not, in that only the title was changed.

Item Specifics and description should have been changed when the title was changed.  Not doing so caused this situation.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply