cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer bid and won my item; he had same item for sale hasn't paid yet

So we had several clock faces up for auction.  One being a St. Joseph Asprin.  It was won after several bids placed. After a few days of not recieiving payment I looked into the buyer.  Turns out he is the seller of the other one that was listed.  We assume he bid up ours to make his look "worth" his asking price; but didn't expect to win.  I have opened an upaid item case as I want him to take the unpaid item strike.  IF he does pay we expect that it will somehow be "broken" upon arrival.  Do we have any recourse?  Ironically he sold his over the weekend for his asking price.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

If he pays, you ship.

And put him on your blocked bidder list.

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

He probably won't pay. If he does then ship and block as stated above.

If he pays and later tries to file a claim then report him to eBay for auction interference. Make sure the rep sees that he is a competitor and was bidding with malicious intent.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@autosavior1wrote:

So we had several clock faces up for auction.  One being a St. Joseph Asprin.  It was won after several bids placed. After a few days of not recieiving payment I looked into the buyer.  Turns out he is the seller of the other one that was listed.  We assume he bid up ours to make his look "worth" his asking price; but didn't expect to win.  I have opened an upaid item case as I want him to take the unpaid item strike.  IF he does pay we expect that it will somehow be "broken" upon arrival.  Do we have any recourse?  Ironically he sold his over the weekend for his asking price.

Maybe the underbidder bought his since it ended up being cheaper than yours?

If it doesn't sell, buy a clock with a broken face and use yours to make a complete clock. Then it would sell for 3-4 times what you got for it.

We dont think he will pay either.  

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@d-k_treasures wrote:

Ironically he sold his over the weekend for his asking price.

Maybe the OP's buyer is trying to flip the OP's clock for a drop-shipped profit, using photos from another to suggest that he actually has a clock of his own? (Maybe a bit of a stretch, but we've had similar setups reported here in the past.)

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Maybe he's restocking? He could have a store elsewhere as well as selling on Ebay.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@a_c_greenwrote:

@d-k_treasures wrote:

Ironically he sold his over the weekend for his asking price.

Maybe the OP's buyer is trying to flip the OP's clock for a drop-shipped profit, using photos from another to suggest that he actually has a clock of his own? (Maybe a bit of a stretch, but we've had similar setups reported here in the past.)

If he did, he would have lost money. The other seller sold his for 50.00 w/free shipping.

The OP is in OH, I'm in PA, and it sold for over 42.00 with over 9.00 shipping.

Full clocks go for 150-200.00

I agree.  That is why the other buyer bought his.   But, just the fact that I feel the seller only bid on ours to make his look better.  I have had zero contact from him.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

In case - I would take a screen shot of his "sold" item so you can refernce it as needed- things tend to "disappear" quickly on Ebay.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply