cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Techkies with nothing to do???

So...I always get unnerved with the techkies that run websites, always tinkering and changing things unnecessarily. Has anyone noticed the change to the "watchers" notification on the website?

If I'm not mistaken, showing the number of watchers SHOULD be an incentive to get people to buy, especially if they are on the fence. Remember the first change was, there now has to be 5 watchers for it to even post to the listing. NOW....they have taken away the "red notification" and replaced it with "People are checking this out. 5 have added this to their watchlist"....in nondescript black type. If a buyer is using the app, the watcher number still appears in red. Do they think EVERYBODY is on the app? I'm sure plenty people use their computers to shop. 

I called to complain about this and it was supposedly forwarded to development or wherever. It may seem like a small thing to some, but I believe the red notification is a valuable tool in helping us sell. Perhaps if more people complain they will fix it!!!

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Techkies with nothing to do???

@jooki22 wrote:

So...I always get unnerved with the techkies that run websites, always tinkering and changing things unnecessarily. Has anyone noticed the change to the "watchers" notification on the website?

If I'm not mistaken, showing the number of watchers SHOULD be an incentive to get people to buy, especially if they are on the fence. Remember the first change was, there now has to be 5 watchers for it to even post to the listing. NOW....they have taken away the "red notification" and replaced it with "People are checking this out. 5 have added this to their watchlist"....in nondescript black type. If a buyer is using the app, the watcher number still appears in red. Do they think EVERYBODY is on the app? I'm sure plenty people use their computers to shop. 

I called to complain about this and it was supposedly forwarded to development or wherever. It may seem like a small thing to some, but I believe the red notification is a valuable tool in helping us sell. Perhaps if more people complain they will fix it!!!

Sorry but I do not accept that as a valid supposition. A watcher could be a competitor keeping an eye on the competition. It could be a potential competitor watching to see if it sells at that price thereby being a guide as to whether or not it is worthwhile to bring into inventory, it could be a prospective buyer planning on buying but not needing now and not wishing to buy it too soon before a holiday gift, or any number of other reasons why someone would watch a price without any intention of buying it - ever.

Personally I ignore the watcher number as being the epitome of superfluousness.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply