cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supplier ruining my rep

Hello.  This is my very first posting, so I do hope my question is not one that potentially violates any rules.  

I'm working with a supplier of warehouse goods.  While he has good merchandise that sells very well, he is awful with communication and has shipping arrangements that are ruining my feedback rating.  He contacted me from work we did back in 2009, in which time I stoppd for the very same reason, bad communication and iratic shipping.

I love working as a seller and am very good at it.  I do go the extra mile for my customers.  Just yesterday I rented a car to pickup an item that this supplier wouldn't ship.  I took it to a post office and paid shipping with insurance for a Puerto Rican buyer due to closed stores in her area.

How can I find a partner/drop-shipper that I can afford that will offer the items that sell?  

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Supplier ruining my rep

Amen to that.  This is exactly what I'm experiencing now.  Lesson learned.  Guess I'll start going to auctions and buy lots.

I do love doing this and I'm customer service-savvy.  In addition to that, being a free-lance writer with web content experience writing product descriptions for others I'm able to sell almost anything. 

Thanks so much for your post, and advice!

Message 16 of 37
latest reply

Oh, you've got jokes, lol. It seems that way, huh?
Message 17 of 37
latest reply

Mail delivery wasn't the problem.  Her local stores were closed were the item would have been stocked.   She is expecting, she begged me and I wanted to help her. 

Message 18 of 37
latest reply

6% disappointed_relieved   ???

Most people say not to buy from anyone less then 99%

(You asked)

Message 19 of 37
latest reply

You can still buy direct from your supplier, just get him out of the chain for shipping.

At the moment, though, I would suggest buying household needs through eBay to get positive buyer feedback and repair that 94.4% hole your dropshipper has buried you in.

Message 20 of 37
latest reply

Ebay will remove her feedback. I think it was a customer that got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. She gave an address with an apt number but said it was a house. When I asked for clarification she copped an attitude, and said "Oh my goodness it is a house! With two apartments on up one down!!! Not so hard to figure out! Not to mention you’re missing the point that it never even made it to __________ it’s in SYRACUSE!!! No where near me! So no it’s not hard to figure out! We’ve had plenty of packages delivered to our address with no issues! It’s as clear as day!" Um, that's an apt.

Fed Ex returned her package, and she swears I did on it on purpose. She's emailed me all day, even got my personal email address from PayPal to harass me there. All because she failed to provide sufficient delivery instructions? When I sensed that this was going to be drama, and no amount of civility was going to help her I cancelled her order.
Message 21 of 37
latest reply

This is baloney.  Why have percentages if the top percentile is set at 99%?  Ebay will remove her feedback or I will be done with this.  

Message 22 of 37
latest reply

And thanks for your comment though. I appreciate your response.
I wish there was a way to address you all with thanks. I don't want to slight anyone. It's such good information. In all my years of buying and selling, I never thought to research here.
Message 23 of 37
latest reply

Yeah, 17 feedback this year and you have a negative and a neutral in that small number....94.4% is considered very bad on eBay.
Message 24 of 37
latest reply

@shoppers_corner wrote:

This is baloney.  Why have percentages if the top percentile is set at 99%?  Ebay will remove her feedback or I will be done with this.  

I guess you're done then because eBay is not going to remove her feedback.

Your best bet would be to take down your current listings and then only list items that you actually have in stock.

When you have only got 17 feedback this year and 2 of them are bad then yes eBay considers that horrible feedback.

Message 25 of 37
latest reply

And you know this how?
Message 26 of 37
latest reply

Because her feedback does not violate any rules and that is only way eBay will remove feedback.
As a seller with almost 30,000 feedback and only 4 negs this years......I know

Message 27 of 37
latest reply

But her feedback came after she was blocked by Ebay for being a harassing buyer.  They viewed all of her emails to me and deemed her inappropriate.   Can we just wait and see?  You place a lot of emphasis on Feedback and listings as if what I've been doing since 2002 is meaningless.

Message 28 of 37
latest reply

I've been here since 1999 off & on and except for 2 low or no FB scam sellers early on who scammed me, I've learned to never buy from a seller with less than 98% positives.  Except once with a seller with 96% because she had the rare item I wanted.  Ever since I've been back the past few years as a buyer only, I ONLY buy from 98% FB or higher with sellers with thousands of FB. Add in that you've been a member for 14 years, it begs the question of WHY is your FB number is as low as about 100. ( Yes, I know buyers don't leave as much FB these days but in 2003 to 2010????) There are too many sellers with better FB than yours.  I'd get rid of that crazy buyer's FB asap.

**************************************************************************************
I'm only on the internet once or so per week, so if you have a response or question for me and I don't get to it within 2 hours, be prepared to wait another week or more. Sorry but fuzzy furballs take catnaps too!! -)
MY REVIEW/GUIDELINES FOR BUYING ON EBAY FOR BUYERS -UPDATED JULY 31 2017
Message 29 of 37
latest reply

Weird timing!  As it happens my aunt recently bought some boots here.  And because life is weird the seller she bought them from was the EXACT SAME seller on Amazon that she DIDNT buy from on Amazon because the seller said he didnt have the size she wanted.  Sure she got a $20 discount but unfortunately, Amazon delivered it to the wrong house and she cant really be sure it is the size she asked for (not "close enough".  And of course the seller is claiming, not my problem any more, it was delivered, PO says so, see?  At least the PO is on the ball and trying to get the item back and delivered to the right house.

Message 30 of 37
latest reply