cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden drop in sales May 2022

Please, report 13E9AEB6-1AE4-4BE0-9A83-516FDA4C16F6.jpeghere if you recently within a week or so experienced sudden drop in sales. We can then ask Velvet to pass it on to technical team for review of the accounts. https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Updates-are-happening-to-some-item-specifics-and-category/m-p/...

Message 1 of 837
latest reply
836 REPLIES 836

Re: Sudden drop in sales May 2022

My question is why these alien buyers keep coming in USA to purchase things that could be obtained in their own country?
My theory is, they come here not because we are great, only because our system is easy to cheat on.

Message 616 of 837
latest reply

@farwaywow wrote:

My question is why these alien buyers keep coming in USA to purchase things that could be obtained in their own country?
My theory is, they come here not because we are great, only because our system is easy to cheat on.

the actual truth is I do ship overseas on ebay - but I don't allow orders outside the US. Basically buyers use ship forward service and ebay allows that - and I'm fine with it - the thing that ticks me off is the added international fee - ebay should be charging the buyer for that not the seller. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 617 of 837
latest reply

Are you sure about they can find exact same thing in their country ? 

Message 618 of 837
latest reply

Here  is the screen shot of the glitch I mentioned in my earlier post.  It's returned to normal after reload the page.

glitch1.jpeg

Message 619 of 837
latest reply

I wouldn't call this ''I do ship overseas'' , anyway whatever  floats your boat.

Message 620 of 837
latest reply

Did I miss something here?  International shipping is a decision each seller makes depending on what they sell and whether they've had good or bad experiences with it before.

If you want to discuss the pros and cons of over-seas shipping start a new thread.

Message 621 of 837
latest reply

Of course it is, I didn't judge anybody's decision , just asked a question to a seller who complaining about  number of sales , even the seller himself  didn't get disturbed as I understood. We don't have anything to do about glitches, or changes made for a purpose by eBay. Just I shared an  friendly opinion.

Message 622 of 837
latest reply

@play.tr wrote:

Of course it is, I didn't judge anybody's decision , just asked a question to a seller who complaining about  number of sales , even the seller himself  didn't get disturbed as I understood. We don't have anything to do about glitches, or changes made for a purpose by eBay. Just I shared an  friendly opinion.

I sell inside the immediate US only on here - always have. My sales on here have always been pretty good, sales every single day (until recently). I'm not "complaining about number of sales" - I'm simply stating no sales in x days as a reinforcement to others that something is wrong within the site, started within the past week and half. Anyways... I have had sales within this time, just not here, til today. Point is, here is not the only stem to what I do, and what I do other wise isn't concern to anyone as it's not ebay involved.

Not disturbed by the question - people ask this now and then - but it's a choice and I choose not to. No need really when what i deal in has always been more available overseas then US, the genre is dominantly european. It's also no savings to buyers overseas to order from US when the Euro is only like 15 cents more value then US dollar (some days it's like 5 cents less but in general) and the shipping from US is much much more then to order from sources overseas (most countries over seas have dozens of suppliers of their own). Selling/shipping overseas is not for everyone and every item - good for items that they have hard time or can't get at all, not so good stuff they can get easily.  

Message 623 of 837
latest reply

@play.tr wrote:

Wow, the most classic passive-aggressive statement in existence: I wasn't judging, just asking a question.   And that use of "complaining" is tell-tale also.  

If nuclearomen was "complaining" about their sales after switching from doing international sales to not doing them, THAT would be an appropriate reason to ask what you asked.  But when they state that they are seeing a peculiar drop in sales despite NOT doing anything different from before, your "just asking" about their decisions is absolutely a suggestion that they're doing something wrong, and their sales would be better if they did it right.  

Message 624 of 837
latest reply

We have been seeing that glitch and then also where when you fill out an Item Specific and then mid way through, it reverts back to what was in that field previously. Some of this was problems over a year ago and then they had fixed it only to rear its ugly head again with this latest update.

Message 625 of 837
latest reply

No, sorry but you totally misunderstood me, English isn't my native language so, I may had some mistakes when choosing right words. If you take a look my previous posts (you even gave a helpful for one of them) you will see I'm one of the sellers that complaining (well if this is wrong word please help me to find correct word) about drop in sales. And I'm not so tolerant about the people who visit this and other similar threads constantly and tell people they're doing something wrong. 

My question to nuclearomen disturbed others more than himself. I wish I wouldn't ask that. If there's a way, I will remove my message.

Message 626 of 837
latest reply

Add me to the list. My sales are down 50-80% year over year since May. I call eBay and get the same song and dance routine about promoting more listings, upgrading my store, etc…Funny, but a full third of my listings are promoted, and they aren’t selling either. So what gives…they won’t admit that they messed something up in the algorithms controlling item views, but I’m amazed at the volume of entries on this thread. All say virtually the same thing. 
My subscription is up at the end of this month and I’m ready to do a complete stop, and move my 3000+ items to another platform. 

Message 627 of 837
latest reply

it doesn't disturb me because it's not the reason sales just stopped for 9 days - the reasons are ebay and what they are doing to the site. If it was reason I would direct it in another way, but it's simply not. 

Many people say "you can increase your sales if you accept international orders" but the truth is that is not specifically so for every seller or every item on ebay. It depends on what you sell. It's also irrelevant when anyone in any country can order from you even if you don't accept international orders on ebay US, all they have to do is ship to a US address. And they do, I have various repeat buyers in other countries and do exactly that, ship to a US address. 

In any case, no worries from me. 
I also had another order today for multiple items - so 2 orders today from ebay. If that's a sign things are starting to get worked out on ebays end idk...hopefully. The more worry is seller update and they "release" then - updates are phenomenal for causing issues of course and they always pull the worst ones this quarter, just before holiday season.  

Message 628 of 837
latest reply

alien buyers keep coming in USA to purchase things that could be obtained in their own country?

I was at a Canadian science fiction convention a couple of years back and one popular event was Sunday Morning Cartoons.

We attended in our pjs watched Josie and the Pussycats and Jem and the Holograms and -- the big draw, ate bowls of American cereals that we had never been able to buy in Canada like Frankenberry, Count Chocula, and Froot Loops.

There are many common American products that are as hard to find out of the USA as Buckley's Mixture and Coffee Crisp are at your local supermarket.

My favourite eBay success story was the military wife, based in Germany, who noticed that Secret Deodorant was a cult item with German women. When they were back Stateside  she started selling that on the eBaydotDE site and did very nicely thank you, even though she never worried about buying wholesale. She just picked up a dozen each time she went to the drugstore.

Message 629 of 837
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

We attended in our pjs watched Josie and the Pussycats and Jem and the Holograms and -- the big draw, ate bowls of American cereals that we had never been able to buy in Canada like Frankenberry, Count Chocula, and Froot Loops.

oh... @femmefan1946 did you know that those cereals (Frankenberry, Count Chocula, BooBearry...) for ever were only sold and available in tri-state area (NY, NJ, PA)? Not only that, they are only made certain times of the year. Some of those were also known to cause health issues. Now adays, things have changed and you can find them periodically throughout the US. 

Message 630 of 837
latest reply