cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden drop in sales May 2022

Please, report 13E9AEB6-1AE4-4BE0-9A83-516FDA4C16F6.jpeghere if you recently within a week or so experienced sudden drop in sales. We can then ask Velvet to pass it on to technical team for review of the accounts. https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Updates-are-happening-to-some-item-specifics-and-category/m-p/...

Message 1 of 837
latest reply
836 REPLIES 836

You can add me to that list, I sell fishing gear and this is my busiest time of the year. In the last month my sales have drop 40% and that's not counting the fishing rods the USPS ended with the $15 surcharge. Today is the 2nd day in the last 2 weeks I had NO SALES, I've only had one no sale day in the last 15 yrs selling. I average 10-20 sales a day, I only sold one item yesterday. I can say the rising inflation is not helping but the USPS is killing my sales, ebay really needs to look into the cost of shipping, its getting out of hand.

Message 2 of 837
latest reply

@tsme35 wrote:

ebay really needs to look into the cost of shipping, its getting out of hand.

When shipping costs increase Ebay's cut of the FVF on shipping increases as well, this is an easy profit for Ebay without moving a finger while our profits decline.

Considering their focus on milking more $$ out of the sellers via increased FVF's + pushing Promoted listings/PLA. It seems they will continue to milk us harder rather then reduce our selling costs.

Can't wait to see Ebay's Q2 2022 "profit" report...

Message 3 of 837
latest reply

I sell Video Games up until last week I was selling 150 to 450 a day down to zero thanks Ebay so glad I came back to your platform to sell what a nightmare . Guess I’ll go back to market place and other platforms I don’t have time for this insanity anymore 

Message 4 of 837
latest reply

@tsme35 wrote:

ebay really needs to look into the cost of shipping, its getting out of hand.

What do you expect eBay to do? They are not in the shipping business, they have little to no influence over shipping companies including USPS as they don't ship ANYTHING.

You are the seller, you sell the delivery service, you pick the shipping company, if you want to get lower shipping costs you need to do the work to find and negotiate better rates. Thing is, in most cases depending on what you sell USPS still has the lowest rates available at the low end of the weight scale.

Also keep in mind the price of gas is going up, I'm in major metropolitan area but I'm still almost 10 miles from the nearest decent store for fishing gear, I have a bit of a gas guzzler, it would cost me $5 and a traffic battle to get there and back, even if I was a quick shopper it would still take well over an hour.

Message 5 of 837
latest reply

Yes, please add me to this list.

Message 6 of 837
latest reply

It looks like velvet did not know what she was getting into. Now that you posted for everyone to post there, 90% of the people who have been complaining for years about lack of sales will add their name. That list should be very long.  🙄

Message 7 of 837
latest reply

I may not be a huge volume seller but I have noticed a steep decline in views and watchers on my active listings including those that have been there a while and auto relist... Why?

Obviously if they aren't getting the views they aren't going to sell.. What's the deal? 

I cannot afford another 3.6% to promote listing esp because I am not a volume seller. I have been on eBay since late nineties and I hate to give up and look for another alternative platform to restart the process again.... Not only will they lose the fees that charge they lose my store subscription as well.. Can't afford store  with no sales esp now.

Message 8 of 837
latest reply

Please add me to the list as haven't sold anything in about a week.   My sales were doing fine until all this new changes.

Message 9 of 837
latest reply

Yep, that's why ebay won't fight for lower rates. I know 2nd quarter will be bad, I lost 60% of inventory because of the fishing rods and checked sales report and its down 36% from last month not including them.

Message 10 of 837
latest reply

You might be right. I have 0 sales since may 12. I sell car parts and it is time for me to sell. People repair cars at this very time. Sales start declining slightly in the fall and December not now . 0 sales- it is not that I have sale here and there. I have done markdowns, send offers, list daily, ended and created new campaigns, sent coupons. It seems that my account is in limbo.

Ebay needs to see that it is a bunch of people and not just me. Something must have gone wrong at the view count update.

velvet asked me for ebay ids— i can’t give her that because I don’t note down all the people with same issue as mine. 
the lack of sales is abrupt and all people experineced it in the same time during views count update.

Message 11 of 837
latest reply

Add me to the list, I sell vintage items and sales have stopped.  E-bay keeps making changes and not so sure they are all for the good.  Please add me to the list.

Message 12 of 837
latest reply

Please add me to the list.  I sell a lot of vintage items and sales have dropped off to nothing.  Only had 2 sales in the last 2 weeks.  Last month was very slow, but this month is the worst.   Any help would be appreciated.

Message 13 of 837
latest reply

@coolections 

Volumes long!  

Message 14 of 837
latest reply

I see ebay making a huge campaign on the 1099 reporting drop down to $600 but did nothing about the USPS outrageous surcharges. Sellers actually had to inform them about the surcharge, they didn't even post an announcement until a week before it happened which if the USPS hadn't extended 3 months alot of sellers would have gotten a horrible surprise in Jan. 9th.

Ebay is a huge company, suppling an outlet for millions of packages, they have some pull just won't do anything about it because rate increases mean more fees. 

Message 15 of 837
latest reply