cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange FVF

I just went to check my fee for an item that just sold as I track them for taxes I noticed this and only had the 30 cent processing fee. What does this mean ?

Pay no final value fees on listings that offer Personalization.

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Strange FVF

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi @no-plain-white-envelopes - I've seen a few reports of this today. I'm not certain exactly what's going on  but I've gotten this reported for further review. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 16 of 31
latest reply

@klhmdg wrote:

Shhh.... maybe they wont notice!  

Finally!  Something for the sellers!!

Oh so sorry to tell you that someone "spilled the beans:"

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Items-selling-without-final-value-fees-Personalization/m-p/324...

See message 22 then 23 for a good laugh!

😋

@klhmdg 

Message 17 of 31
latest reply

Apparently I was not invited to "personalize" my listings, and/or was in some other way not included, but as I posted in another thread on the subject, no reduced FVF for today's sales for me.  Not among "the chosen".

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

Apparently I was not invited to "personalize" my listings, and/or was in some other way not included, but as I posted in another thread on the subject, no reduced FVF for today's sales for me.  Not among "the chosen".

@buyselljack2016 

don't feel bad...

If you think eBay is not going to back bill everyone for this glitch...well...you know eBay better than that.

Message 19 of 31
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@buyselljack2016- Neither was I and I count us lucky. I don't know how eBay will end up billing these fees- but if the only way to "fix" it is to add it as a separate line item instead of integrating it with the original transaction, then that becomes an accounting headache for affected sellers. Maybe not so much for hobby sellers- but certainly for larger volume sellers. It will be interesting to see how the fix plays out in terms of billing and accounting.

Message 20 of 31
latest reply

Given all of the glitches and category nightmares that sellers has had do deal with as of late, eBay should just suck it up - but they won't.

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

Of course they won't. But can you imagine if they did- then all sellers that weren't affected would be screaming for fee credits since other sellers were comp'd fees? Disaster.

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

Of course they won't. But can you imagine if they did- then all sellers that weren't affected would be screaming for fee credits since other sellers were comp'd fees? Disaster.

OMG - LOL!!!

That's what they should get for putting everyone through the ringer!

WAIT!

Let me run to my selling acct and post a bunch of great listings since I have taken a 2 week vaca from listing...

...sometimes timing is everything...and mine sucks right now...hurryagain_0-1636039539348.gif

@coffeebean832 

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

they know now... because sellers have been reporting ... 🤦

Message 24 of 31
latest reply

mine too!! i wonder why

!! 

i just shipped it. it told me, to ship before 24 hrs
!

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

😞 😑😣😡😥😭

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

Yup, had a postcard sell with "no fees on listings that offer Personalization" even though the listing did NOT offer Personalization.  Other postcard sales did NOT get this fee reduction.  Another ugh from me. 

Message 27 of 31
latest reply

Hi everyone - 

We've heard back on this! There was a technical issue that resulted in a promotion incorrectly applying to listings that wouldn't normally qualify (who can personalize a can of spray paint, after all 🤣).

We will be applying the correct fees to accounts that incorrectly received a credit, and automatically crediting any listings that should've qualified for it.

Communication should be forthcoming too, so keep an eye on your inboxes. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 28 of 31
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

(who can personalize a can of spray paint, after all 🤣).

tyler@ebay That's easy. Get Banksy to sign it or add a label with original art and use the proceeds to benefit charity. eBay could promote it on the home page and all over social.

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

...guess that I will be staying on my 2 week listing vaca afterall...

hurryagain_0-1636039539348.gif

Message 30 of 31
latest reply