cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer says he lost email with QR code .

I sold a pair of tower speakers as local pickup buyer said he got email but cannot open it again how should I proceed so I can get my funds.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Then he does not pick it up until he finds it from Ebay messages. These are the only 2 options to protect yourself on local pickup.

For proof of pickup you can:

• use the eBay app to scan the QR code the buyer received through email
  • use the eBay app to manually enter the 6-digit code the buyer received through email

Reference ebay help pages

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/local-pickup?id=4181&st=12...

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@santo00760 wrote:

I sold a pair of tower speakers as local pickup buyer said he got email but cannot open it again how should I proceed so I can get my funds.

I have not used the QR pickup process myself, but are you copied on the QR code when it's first generated for the buyer? Do you get a copy at the email address tied to your eBay account? If so, I would forward your copy to him.

EDIT: Okay, maybe that wouldn't work, if eBay is concerned about scam sellers scanning their own QR codes to fake a pickup and rip off the buyer that way. If the buyer is looking in his Messages folder on the eBay site, he should check his email account as well. Maybe ask him for more details about exactly what seems to be going wrong here. Has he checked his Spam folder?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Ask the buyer to sign a copy of the eBay order form when he picks it up.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@santo00760  As suggested, he should still be able to retrieve it from his ebay email messaging. If it isn't under New, tell him to look in the Trash folder.  It should also be available under his Purchase history. Last resort - you can ask him to cancel and repurchase. As a seller, I have never seen the QR code until the buyer shows it to me on his phone. I used to have customers sign and date the sales order when they picked up, but the QR scan is more secure than signing. You can also make your Local Pickups as cash only on pickup. That way, they can decide after actually seeing the item if they want it, and it protects you from returns and chargebacks after they use and/or break it up to 6 months later. If it's an item that plugs in, I would make sure that the buyer can power it on at pickup and thoroughly test it. Good Luck!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

A photo of the ID as well as a signed receipt of goods received: may also also be used as proof of delivery.

Also tag the license plate of vehicle that does the pick up.

Correct method would be to have them ask to cancel order relist and try it again... Cost you money for sure..

but cuts out the potential hassle of no receipt of item game that may be going on.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Just so you are aware, a signed copy of the order form will NOT get you paid (a seller can simply do that without a buyer) .The only 2 options that WILL GET YOU PAID ( and stand up in a dispute) is the 2 options I mentioned above and as provided as in the ebay help. Note that he does not need the QR code if he can give you the 6 digits ( we have used both and both results in the same outcome). Once the QR code or 6 digit code is entered ebay automatically updates your order as shipped with a "tracking" number ( generated long digit number by ebay)

Message 7 of 7
latest reply