cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange FVF

I just went to check my fee for an item that just sold as I track them for taxes I noticed this and only had the 30 cent processing fee. What does this mean ?

Pay no final value fees on listings that offer Personalization.

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Strange FVF

Sounds like you sold an item that offered personalization and that you're enrolled in a limited time promotion for no FVF on personalized items.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 31
latest reply

I had the same thing happen today. The item I sold was some dollar store body spray, an item that cetainly cant be personlized in any way.  

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

Had 2 items sold today same thing, definitely neither item can be personalized must be a glitch sold same item two days ago ebay took their cut of 33 bucks now they took .30 I doubt this will last.

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

Okay everybody...

Personalize ALL of your listings.

Let's see how fast eBay can go broke - LOL!!!

Great way to show eBay that they need sellers just as much as they need buyers.

OF COURSE I'M KIDDING!  But it sure is a funny thought...😁

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

@hurryagain wrote:

Okay everybody...

Personalize ALL of your listings.

That's what I was thinking when I read the other post about this.

I can take a sharpie and write there names on the item. 😀

Have a great day
Message 6 of 31
latest reply

I sold an ordinary pair of pre-owned shoes ($29) and wasn't charged a FVF due to the personalization offer.  I would be more than happy to pay only the $.30 processing fee, but sooner or later this glitch will get fixed, we will all be charged retroactively, and our bookkeeping will be screwed up.

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

@hurryagain No need. It looks like, whether you personalized the listing or not, you are getting the free FVF. I suspect anyone who makes a sale is going to get free FVF until ebay fixes this. 

I'm generally not the gambling type, but I'd be willing to wager that this will get fixed faster than the glitch on the Community pages....but if it isn't, well, THAT would be funny!

Instead of frustrated sellers asking "WHEN are you going to get this fixed???"

It would be shareholders asking "WHEN the (deleted deleted deleted) are you going to get this fixed???"

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

@hurryagain No need. It looks like, whether you personalized the listing or not, you are getting the free FVF. I suspect anyone who makes a sale is going to get free FVF until ebay fixes this. 

I'm generally not the gambling type, but I'd be willing to wager that this will get fixed faster than the glitch on the Community pages....but if it isn't, well, THAT would be funny!

Instead of frustrated sellers asking "WHEN are you going to get this fixed???"

It would be shareholders asking "WHEN the (deleted deleted deleted) are you going to get this fixed???"

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques 

More like...It would be shareholders asking "WHEN the (deleted deleted deleted  **bleep** **bleep**  **bleep**) are you going to get this fixed???"

Let's get this right...

hurryagain_0-1636039539348.gif

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

Yep....bleep would be more accurate! LOL

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

Shhh.... maybe they wont notice!  

Finally!  Something for the sellers!!

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 11 of 31
latest reply

Love that!

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

Contacted ebay - was told it was an offer I apparently was unaware of from last month.  I don't offer personalization and it's not included in my listings - I could tell my rep knew absolutely nothing about the situation or could give me an adequate answer  after putting me on hold three times to talk with managed payments - took the SR # for the call and her "name".  

I would much rather pay my fees sale by sale rather than ebay discovering a glitch 10 sales in and have them taken out in one lump.  

I know this appears to be in our favor due to a phenomenal promotion, but the fees will come due - this is not a win - it's a headache.

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

Hmm! I haven’t had a sale in two days, but I’m guessing when I do I won’t be as lucky.

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

My sales show the 30 cent fee and then at the bottom it says:

Processing to be completed on Nov 7

Message 15 of 31
latest reply